VF-0 info up on Yamato website

Sumdumgai

The new September issues of Hobby Japan magazine and Dengeki Hobby magazine come out this weekend, so hopefully, there will be some updated photos of the Yamato 1/100 VF-0S showing major sculpt revisions, wing missiles and leg FAST packs. Hey, I can be optimistic can't I? :rolleyes:

Graham

Cross my fingers & toes and hope it'll happen. *note to self, "Yeah right?!" *

The new September issues of Hobby Japan magazine and Dengeki Hobby magazine come out this weekend, so hopefully, there will be some updated photos of the Yamato 1/100 VF-0S showing major sculpt revisions, wing missiles and leg FAST packs. Hey, I can be optimistic can't I?  :rolleyes:

Graham

you know how yamato likes teasing the hell outta us now :p ...we can't exactly act like crazed fanboys or else they'll get butt hurt and not give us anything :rolleyes:

if you don't like the toy...then get it for the over-sized pretty box it comes in :D

oooooh, I love the over-sized pretty boxes!

Actually, I think Yamato has been getting much better with their box sizes recently.

While it's true that the 1/60 VT-1 & VE-1 boxes were ridiculously oversized, the Q-rau box was not too big given the size of the toy IMO.

I also think that the 1/48 VF-1J Super Hikaru/Max/Milia boxes were quite reasonable given the number of bits packed inside. The 1/60 GBP and GBP w/VF-J were not too big either.

And the new display stand box is very compact.

Graham

if you don't like the toy...then get it for the over-sized pretty box it comes in :D

oooooh, I love the over-sized pretty boxes!

Actually, I think Yamato has been getting much better with their box sizes recently.

While it's true that the 1/60 VT-1 & VE-1 boxes were ridiculously oversized, the Q-rau box was not too big given the size of the toy IMO.

I also think that the 1/48 VF-1J Super Hikaru/Max/Milia boxes were quite reasonable given the number of bits packed inside. The 1/60 GBP and GBP w/VF-J were not too big either.

And the new display stand box is very compact.

Graham

not sure on the 1/48 w/FP size boxes, but the 1/60 GBP stuff were pretty good on size

:)

The GBP armor-only package was conservitively sized as well.

gosh...i was just kidding around...didn't have to get all serious about the boxes... <_<

they're still pretty though....so i guess if you don't like the toy then get it for the pretty box it comes in!! :p:lol::lol:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

The toy in those photos still looks like the same old sculpt they've been showing all along, so either the toy is still being modified and the revised sculpt is not yet ready, hence the continued delays and no new photos, or worst case scenario, Yamato is going to foist this steaming pile of crap on us in this condition :(  :angry:

Graham

i vot ethe latter.

BUT this ties into my theory of yamato making a quick buck on this POS while hiding behind the scenes making a big perfect variable to shut us all up and have a merry x mas after vol5 comes out.

(if they are the sole license holders I might be right)

:o Agreed! I am offended by that awful sculpt. Yamato must be hiring high school art students to sculpt these things :unsure: . I know this may be flaming the "if you dont like it dont look at/buy it" argument but c'mon! does Yamato think they can sell this crap?! I dont have 70$ to shell out on this kind bull. That thing looks like it was the result of the sculptor taking a mental dump and that was what came out. :p Ill take my 70$ and buy extra fast packs for my 1/48 before I buy this thing. :angry:

I'll reserve judgement until I read some scathing MW reviews, although it does look like complete ass according to the photos so far. I'm definately waiting for somebody else to buy this one first!

I like that its so cheap, in the FIX range, its kind of a refreshing change from having to drop $100+ for the most recent Yamato stuff. But at the same time, I'd gladly drop that much for a 1/48 "perfect transformation" VF-0.

I'll reserve judgement until I read some scathing MW reviews, although it does look like complete ass according to the photos so far. I'm definately waiting for somebody else to buy this one first!

I like that its so cheap, in the FIX range, its kind of a refreshing change from having to drop $100+ for the most recent Yamato stuff. But at the same time, I'd gladly drop that much for a 1/48 "perfect transformation" VF-0.

"IF" there's going to be a "perfect transformation" VF-0.

The new September issues of Hobby Japan magazine and Dengeki Hobby magazine come out this weekend, so hopefully, there will be some updated photos of the Yamato 1/100 VF-0S showing major sculpt revisions, wing missiles and leg FAST packs. Hey, I can be optimistic can't I?  :rolleyes:

Graham

you know how yamato likes teasing the hell outta us now :p ...we can't exactly act like crazed fanboys or else they'll get butt hurt and not give us anything :rolleyes:

NOPE! long as their money is coming in yamato don't care! Yen over RANTS!

money speaks not us!

I am offended by that awful sculpt.  Yamato must be hiring high school art students to sculpt these things :unsure: .  I know this may be flaming the "if you dont like it dont look at/buy it" argument but c'mon! does Yamato think they can sell this crap?!  I dont have 70$ to shell out on this kind bull.  That thing looks like it was the result of the sculptor taking a mental dump and that was what came out.  :p  Ill take my 70$ and buy extra fast packs for my 1/48 before I buy this thing.  :angry:

The Macross Compendium lists the prototype production of the 1/100 VF-0S toy as being done by Atelier-Sai, so now we know who to blame. Perhaps we should send them lots of nasty email :p

Graham

cool...now we have their place of business...now we can beat the living crap out of the guys who actually designed it...then we can go over to yamato and beat the living crap outta the guys who let this crappy sculpt go through :D:D:D:D:D:D

They will be added to the book of shame.

I am offended by that awful sculpt.  Yamato must be hiring high school art students to sculpt these things :unsure: .  I know this may be flaming the "if you dont like it dont look at/buy it" argument but c'mon! does Yamato think they can sell this crap?!  I dont have 70$ to shell out on this kind bull.  That thing looks like it was the result of the sculptor taking a mental dump and that was what came out.  :p  Ill take my 70$ and buy extra fast packs for my 1/48 before I buy this thing.   :angry:

The Macross Compendium lists the prototype production of the 1/100 VF-0S toy as being done by Atelier-Sai, so now we know who to blame. Perhaps we should send them lots of nasty email :p

Graham

No wonder!!! <_<