Yamato Display Stand

rnurmin

I notice this auction in Ebay:

Yamato Display Stand

Is it out already?  :blink:

If the auction is just using stock pictures from Yamato's website, rather than a pic of the actual product in it's original packing, then it's a safe bet that they don't actually have the item on hand yet.

Anyway, it should be out sometime later today in Hong Kong.

Graham

I can wait a couple of months for buying the launch arm and the next bunch of yamato toys.

How else can I save up for the MAC II monster or the Vb6 monster or the Max quead-luun rau or all the macross zero toys?

And then there's that Mospeada legioss from toynami which looks really good too.

And computer upgrades for doom 3 and halflife 2 (well, maybe for next year.)

is the stand the only thing yamato has in the way of new products this quarter? aside from the gbp. that's sad. :(

Actually Yamato's done pretty good with this quarter. We got two 1/48's, GPB, + the stand. It's the future quarters I'm wondering about. It' been awhile since we've heard anything about new releases. The only things that are for sure in the works are the Konig and 1/100 VF-0S. I'm still waiting on a re-sculpted YF-19?! :(

is the stand the only thing yamato has in the way of new products this quarter? aside from the gbp. that's sad.  :(

Actually Yamato's done pretty good with this quarter. We got two 1/48's, GPB, + the stand. It's the future quarters I'm wondering about. It' been awhile since we've heard anything about new releases. The only things that are for sure in the works are the Konig and 1/100 VF-0S. I'm still waiting on a re-sculpted YF-19?! :(

pretty good? i dont think so...since beginning of its delays.

is that what a billon$ company fastest pace?

i admit after all they wasn't bad for this quarter,keep it up and improve!

yEA~finally...Finally....FINALLY!!! zzzz

Sweet.

I'm excited for 2 reasons.

1. This looks pretty cool.

2. I've had my Millia 1J and a GBP bought and paid for, but I was waiting for the stand to come out before I had it shipped to me.

So really, I'm getting the last 3 Yamato toys once this is out. :D

Thanks for the pics Graham!

It seems Jeffrey is already mesmorized by the Super Ostrich! :lol:

Will you be posting a review in the next couple of weeks?

How sturdy is the base? :huh:

Thanks for the pics Graham!

It seems Jeffrey is already mesmorized by the Super Ostrich! :lol:

Will you be posting a review in the next couple of weeks?

How sturdy is the base? :huh:

Very sturdy and stable and quite heavy as well. I don't think it's gonna work with an upside down 1/48 w/FPs tho, well, at least I'm not risking my BP8 to try!

Graham

Downside is that the stand comes with 8 different attachment clips to fit the various Yamato Valks, however, the clips are not marked to show which is which and although they are all slightly different, the photos in the instruction manual are not very clear. Still, it's not exactly rocket science to figure out which is which :p

Also, you need to use the clips to make sure the Valk is firmly attached, which is another reason why you can't do an upside down 1/48 Valk w/FPs.

Unfortunately, neither the 1/72 YF-19 or 1/48 VF-1 can fit their gunpod on the stand in fighter mode.

Graham

Another potential problem is that the clip for the VF-11B attaches very firmly to the hip pegs and requires a bit of force and twisting to remove.

While this is not a problem on the steel reinforced hip joints of the FP version, I'm worried it could cause breakage on the original 'weak hip' version when removing the clip.

Graham

Downside is that the stand comes with 8 different attachment clips to fit the various Yamato Valks, however, the clips are not marked to show which is which and although they are all slightly different, the photos in the instruction manual are not very clear. Still, it's not exactly rocket science to figure out which is which :p

Also, you need to use the clips to make sure the Valk is firmly attached, which is another reason why you can't do an upside down 1/48 Valk w/FPs.

Unfortunately, neither the 1/72 YF-19 or 1/48 VF-1 can fit their gunpod on the stand in fighter mode.

Graham

Aww Man! I always wanted to display my Valks upsidedown (The way the Launcher should hold the Valks with Fast Packs like in DYRL? Movie) :(

I guess I'll just buy 1 of these...

I wish that center clip thing was clear.

btw, do the locking "bolts" on the grapple claws move (turn and/or retract/extend)?

Thanks for the info, Graham. I was not playing on buying one but I thought they were going to look better than that. I can't see much detail and it looks so plain with just one color. A little metallic paint of different types here and there would of made a big difference.

On the side - it looks like your boy is already eyeing your collection. I get the same thing from my newborns. When I take them into my room with everything on display, they immediately focus their eyes on all the toys. They don't do that with their own toys so it's kind of scary. :lol:

I'd get one, but the non-gunpod fit just killed it for me.

same here, as well as the unreasonable price tag. i'll wait til they go on sale/clearance cause i don't see many people(here in the states) coughing up the dough to get this one. after shipping, it'll be like $50! :o:angry::(