The AX2004 Thread

Don't know exactly who she's cosplaying, but DAMN!

Well, been lazy going throught this thread (the whole link to Man Faye scared/scarred me a little bit) I think that's the catgirl from WordsWorth. I'll let you guys go and look it up or watch it. ;)

And now for my autographed loot.

autograph01.jpg

Chobits mini pencil board autographed by Michelle Ruff (Chii) and Sandy Fox (Sumomo). I won this at the Bang Zoom! Entertainment panel after answering their trivia question correctly.

autograph03.jpg

Autographed boards from Geneon Entertainment.

Top Row: Gungrave (animation director Shino Masanori), Last Exile (character designer Minoru Murao), Lunar Legend Tsukihime (director Katsushi Sakurabi and character designer Kaoru Ozawa)

Bottom Row: R.O.D -The TV- (character designer Masashi Ishihama, creator Hideyuki Kurata and director Koji Masunari), Submarine 707R (director Shoichi Masuo and character designer Minoru Murao)

autograph04.jpg

Top Row: AX2004 Program Guide autographed by Kaeko Sakamoto, Wendee Lee, Dave Wittenberg, Kari Wahlgren and Eric P. Sherman; Chobits mini pencil board

Bottom Row: Escaflowne: The Movie box autographed by Tomokazu Seki (Van); autographed Yoko Ishida Sweets CD

Wow, I really like the Submarine 707 autograph board. I wish I got that one. The Geneon booth was really great with all the signings from their guests.

I got an extra ROD signed by the director, char designer, creater, and animation producer. If anyone got an extra Submarine 707 and wants to trade it for the ROD TV, let me know.

I got an extra ROD signed by the director, char designer, creater, and animation producer.

:o That's one long rod!

I agree though... In poker you're suppose to raise your stakes. You guys are just showing how ugly your hands are....

That's based on the 1/144 Gold Frame Astray kit which came as an exclusive to the Dengeki Mook "Gundam Seed Modeling Manual". It got 1 print run and sold out rather quickly last year. Originally the 3 Astrays were supposed to be identical but for the colors, but they've since added a bunch of crap to make all 3 distinct from each other in Seed MSV.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Jolly Rogers

On day 1 of AX2004, I stumbled upon a string duo that called themselves Ramen & Rice. They did violin and cello renditions of popular anime and game themes. Before they packed their bags, they did "H.T." (Trigun OP theme). I was hoping to see them perform again, but they were nowhere to be found. :(

post-26-1089251354_thumb.jpg

Edited by areaseven

No, I get that, I'm talking about the cosplay. I've got the Gold Frame kit around here somewhere, I think, actually. The gold frame shows up in the Manga, actually, IIRC. I'll have to dig up my old copies of Gundam Ace.

Yes...there's a Gold Frame in the manga (though i did not read the manga). They all start out looking the same (with diff colors) but they get modifications halfway through the manga so they look distinctive.

http://www.gundam-seed.net/msv/

See it on the bottom right Astray section, its the 1st Astray shown. Reading mahq.net, its right hand gets blown off and it becomes heavily damaged while escaping that 1st colony that zaft attacked (forgot name). They then took the Blitz Gundam's parts (which was destroyed) , fixed the right hand and the stealth tech on the Gold Frame thus the second form, Gold Frame Amatu.

PS: The Red Astray on the Power Loader kinda suit thing looks dodgy. Looks like those Matrix robot things. APU was it?

anybody know if they are going to be making the gundam Astray B MS or even PG models? I like that whole big @$$ sword thing. :p:D:lol:

hmm.. seems like nobody got a picture of that one and only miriya at the Robotech panel. She was alright. Nice costume though. :p:D:lol:

post-26-1089311909_thumb.jpg

Time to add more to the pic fest. I myself did get a pic of the miria at the robotech panel,but it didnt turn out so well. anyways here goes another pic.. Whip it good

Um... Ugh.

yah, I totally agree. :p:D:lol: She looks like a guy!