The AX2004 Thread

Stuff I forgot to mention:

- During the Tomokazu Seki panel, Seki-san mentioned that his favorite anime was Getter Robo and his favorite seiyuu was Akira Kamiya (Fokker in Macross and Macross Zero).

- At the request of some fangirls, Seki-san did his Chichiri voice (from Fushigi Yuugi) behind the mic.

- During the MIQ concert, she explained that "Time to Come" (from the Super Robot Wars series) had a rather uneasy line on the chorus. Even though she didn't know much English, she found the line very odd and hoped the fans wouldn't be confused by it. Or something like that.

"(Just) Trust What You

Believe In To Go!"

Here's a list of songs MIQ performed at her mini-concert:

1. "Hey You" (Sentou Mecha Xabungle)

2. "Dunbine Tobu" (Aura Battler Dunbine)

3. "Mieru Darou Byston Well" (Aura Battler Dunbine)

4. "Time to Come" (Super Robot Wars)

5. "Kanashimi no Destiny" (Area 88)

6. "Lion Reine (Hyper Version)" (Yuusha-Oh GaoGaiGar FINAL)

7. "Time for L-Gaim" (Heavy Metal L-Gaim)

8. "Men of Destiny" (Mobile Suit Gundam 0083)

Edited by areaseven

wow that's a nice pix of the gundam suit. I only got pix of it during the masquerade which was pretty small. Anyway, I wanted to post up pix of my haul at expo. Here goes. The first pix is some autographed stuff I got. Toshiharu Murata (hellsing character designer), Shino Masanori, animation character designer and animation director of Gungrave Cindy Yamauchi, and the voice of gungrave (sorry, forgot his name, I think it's seki).

post-26-1089137858_thumb.jpg

A prize that I won for catching the pikachu doll that was tossed to the audience. Pretty cool memory stick. Exo caught the pikachu, but dropped it because he had one hand in his pocket protecting his camera. :p:D:lol:

post-26-1089138220_thumb.jpg

and last but not least, my CMS haul!!! dat's right, somebody actually had the CMS figures series 1. I bought their only full box and a few minutes later, went back and bought three extra individual boxes. And still no chase figure :( I'll be posting later about the extras I have in the for trade section. I need that chase!! Oh, and I also got the second series as well. Now I'm missing the minmay solid hair from that series. :p:D:lol:

post-26-1089138666_thumb.jpg

Edited by BoBe-Patt

Bobe: Oh, by the way, where's the Cosplay pics?  :rolleyes:

CMS figure box I paid 75 for the box, and 7 for each box. Cosplay pix, just you wait!!! I don't know where to put them up here, but I'll upload them to my photobucket page and I'll put up a link. :p:D:lol:

Oh, and check out the conventions and gatherings section for more pix of the Macross panel.

Edited by BoBe-Patt

oh, one story that I forgot to tell was about the macross 7 artbook that golden boy and I passed up. Anyway, Golden boy and I were looking at some artbooks and came across some macross books. A macross plus book for 75 and a macross 7 book for 45. I passed them up because I already had them. So later after the Macross panel, we were taking pictures of the display pieces and some guy comes up and was talking to EXO. EXO calls me over to show me the Macross 7 book that I passed up earlier. So I was like ok, so what? He opens the book to the first page and inside there was a sketch of minmay signed my mikimoto!! I was like oh snap!! I passed that book up earlier!! That's weird how the seller just sold that book without realizing that it had the minmay sketch in it. I was trippin out about that but then reminded myself that I already have one too! :p:D:lol: Anyway, there's a pix of it in the conventions section, Check it out!

Haha Pat, as i todl you earlier, There was a guy sellign CMS figures set 2. While I was browsing his booth he brought out a new box un opened. So i said i wanted one. swooped in and snatched the front right and it was the solid painted minmei and I only paid 6 dollars!!!

Haha Pat, as i todl you earlier, There was a guy sellign CMS figures set 2. While I was browsing his booth he brought out a new box un opened. So i said i wanted one. swooped in and snatched the front right and it was the solid painted minmei and I only paid 6 dollars!!!

yeah yeah yeah, quit rubbing it in. :p:D:lol: Anyway, I was helping out Bigkid and Ben look for the chases and solid hair figures for the second set and ended up finding both for them, but nothing for me :( Oh well, it's ok. I helped out two MW members so it was worth it. :p:D:lol:

yeah yeah yeah, quit rubbing it in. :p:D:lol: Anyway, I was helping out Bigkid and Ben look for the chases and solid hair figures for the second set and ended up finding both for them, but nothing for me :( Oh well, it's ok. I helped out two MW members so it was worth it. :p:D:lol:

Yeah, Pat, thanks for that. Of course I wouldn't have minded another chase either.

Here's a list of songs MIQ performed at her mini-concert:

1. "Hey You" (Sentou Mecha Xabungle)

2. "Dunbine Tobu" (Aura Battler Dunbine)

3. "Mieru Darou Byston Well" (Aura Battler Dunbine)

4. "Time to Come" (Super Robot Wars)

5. "Kanashimi no Destiny" (Area 88)

6. "Time for L-Gaim" (Heavy Metal L-Gaim)

7. "Men of Destiny" (Mobile Suit Gundam 0083)

Anybody got an recording of the performance?

Yeah, Pat, thanks for that. Of course I wouldn't have minded another chase either.

Funny thing is after you guys left, I went back and pulled another chase for Golden boy. I was like pulling out chases left and right! :p:D:lol: but no minmay :(:p:D:lol:

Pat,

Did you get any telephone number or just took photos....

Maybe, we can hook up and take them to vegas or something. Show them whats-up. I could show them something :blink::blink: and most gilrs like what I have/do......

:lol::lol::p

Wrote bandai last night...got a response today....still vague, but at least they know how much I want Zeta now!

Dear Customer,

We are very sorry to hear your concern over the Zeta Gundam release date. The Zeta Gundam L.E. Box Set’s exact release date is yet to be announced. As you know it was set at 9/14/04. The release of F-91 is planned for 11/9/04 but the exact date is not setup. We here at Bandai have a high level commitment in bringing the Gundam series here to the US. Thank you for your patience.

Regards, support@bandai-ent.com

We here at Bandai have a high level commitment in bringing the Gundam series here to the US.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's the funniest $h!t I've read in a long time.

If they were so committed, how come we are getting garbage games like Gundam Battle Assault 3 instead of the better ones that came out in Japan only.

Funny thing is after you guys left, I went back and pulled another chase for Golden boy. I was like pulling out chases left and right! :p:D:lol: but no minmay :(:p:D:lol:

Maybe there is something to the rumor that the regular hair Minmay is harder to find.