MACROSS VF1 1/10 SCALE PICTURES

MACROSS MODELLING

1MACROSS-UAG-023.jpg

Hi to everybody.

Do you remember the college project I exposed here in the forum? the macross 1:10 scale Vf1

Macross Vf1 Scale model Topic

Now I have the pictures to show all of you some advance on this assignment.

The project is 70% done, there are still some pieces that need to be built, some pieces need to be sanded and polished, but in this pictures you can see the results at this moment.

I have to say that my students doesn´t have access to hi-tec tools like CNC or something like that for this project, this is a 100% handmade model, the only tools allowed and used are: a cutter, sandpaper, Bondo, putty, Styrene, RTV silicon and fiberglass for the molds, and fiberglass for the pieces, It´s a really hard job, they need to invest lot of time making this model,

If you like it or have any comments, please email me your comments and suggestions, I´ll forward to them, because right now they need a lot of support to finish the model.

Thanks. :D

IMAGE GALLERY CLICK HERE

Give all the credit to my 5 students

I didn´t touch the plane, it´s their project, "their little homework"

They deserve all the credit for this really great model.

Where is the macross con? Maybe they can show it there.

Best regards.

Ever Lopez

There is the Macross Panel at Anime Expo in Anaheim, CA(tentatively July 3rd)

We are also having our own Macross World Con the following week July 11th in Los Angeles.

If you are up for the drive please bring it , but man thats a LONG drive...haha

:lol:

Shawn

Compadre; ese modelo esta fenomenal, gran trabajo...!!!

ahora necesitamos 30 copias de esos...

comrade that model is fenomenal.. awesome job!!

now we need 30 copies of those...

Great Work! Thumbs Up! :D

5? FIVE? :blink:

Arh, how heavy are these things?

Guys - you need to finish your work, everything until the finish.

Maybe you can really show it at the Con. Doesn't anybody have officials contacts??? :huh:

Hi,

unfortunately the models wont be ready for your convention, they want to give as much detail to the model as they can, and it will take more than 2 weeks.

Yes EXO, you can see 2 of the models in some of the pictures, they plan to build 1 valk. for each one of them.

each model weights about 5 to 8KG (10-16lbs) depending on the construction (2 or 3 layers of fiberglass, etc.).

keep on posting and giving support to them. :D

Thanks

Ever, excelente trabajo. Mis felicitaciones a tus cinco estudiantes!!! Que no aflojen!!

El libro que menciona Neova es el Macross Design Works de Kawamori que reune casi todo lo que se publicó anteriormente en diseño de VFs (variable fighter) y cosas nunca vistas antes. Vale la pena tenerlo. De hecho puede ser una buena fuente de inspiración para tus alumnos ya que hay muchos bosquejos iniciales que te muestran cómo fue llegando al diseño final de cada VF.

English:

Ever, excelent work. Congratulations to your five students!! Tell them to not give up!! The book mentioned by Neova is Kawamori's Macross Design Works that presented all the previous published designs about VFs and also things never published before. It's worth to have it. In fact it could be a source of inspiration for your students since it has many initial sketches showing how the design evolve to the final one for each VF.

thanks for your support

I don´t understand your question  :huh: (Are you reference Design Works for this?) my english is not as perfect as yours :p , can you explain it to me?

thanks

Your students are doing an amazing job. Can't wait to see picturess of those hatches and the details inside. It sounds really cool.

Here's a picture of the cover of the Design Works book Neova and others were mentioning. ;)

skmdwcover.jpg

edit: woah, that cover didn't look that big in the books sections. Anyways, go here for more info on the Design Works:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/...esign_works.htm

Edited by tom64ss

:o

Correct me if I am wrong, did I see fast packs or strike packs on the side?

Do you have some pics of the underbelly?

So far, your students are really doing a magnificent job...

Would they consider making a 1/1 scale of it?! :D just kidding!

Then again, who knows? maybe Hollywood will make it so...

Paulo