New Gundam FIX and ZEONOGRAPHY on the way...

The picture on top of this page, which Stamen refers to as "ver. Ka FAZZ", is Katoki's rendition of the TV version FAZZ which he did not design originally.  Much like most of the GFF line, he's messing with designs that aren't his own instead of updating his own designs that have appeared in his Gundam FIX books.  Besides the Sentinel suits, I think there aren't any Katoki original designs in the GFF line.  <_<

Actually, I can't tell the TV version of the FAZZ apart from the Katoki version. Besides the proportional changes, the styling between the two is very similar. The head is probably the only really distinguishable difference.

I was referring to the ZZ ver. Ka., which first appeared on (as far as I know) the HG ZZ Gundam manual. There are numerous styling changes between the TV version and the Katoki version, akin to changes between the Okawara 1979 RX-78-2 and the Katoki RX-78-2 ver. Ka., effectively making it a new design.

It's still very much a ZZ Gundam, but it's very much a Katoki creation.

For a great rendition of the Katoki ZZ Gundam, check this link:

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~reckless/gallery/aeug/zz/zz.html

As far as Katoki creations in GFF line, the GP01, for one, is very much a Katoki original, given that the Kawamori TV GP01 is worlds apart from the Katoki MG, HGUC, and GFF versions.

GP02 as well, but the changes are much less drastic.

Edited by Stamen0083

actually the differences between the fazz sentinel (grey) and the Fazz original is the design of the head, also the beam saber on the backpack of the original are different than the sentinal version. on the sentinel they are beam cannons like on the backpack of the EX-S and cannot unhook, also the skulpt on the 2 guns on the fighter jet cannon that hooks to the arm are different as well. as for other creations in the gundam fix line, i am pretty sure he also the original creator of the wing zero ver ka.

just that huge cannon from the F90 II long range type. its folded down in that picture. that and the F91 is already pretty weapons heavy with a beam rifle, beam launcher (sort of a bazooka beam weapon), and the two built in VSBRs, what else does it need? i think it looks pretty good, i'm mostly glad i've got one on order.

What's a F97?!

the F97 is the crossbone gundam, or at least originally. the backstory to crossbone gundam implies that two F97 prototypes somehow managed to come into the possesion of the crossbone vanguard in the outer reaches of the solar system, a place the federation has been traditionally weak. plus it helps that one of the leaders of the crossbone vanguard has a mother who ranks high in the SNRI F9X development program.

i wonder if the B version will have different weapons so far most of the Zeonography figures weapons slightly differ between A and B versions maybe the B one will come with something alittle different, i can see now that the 2 F-90s figures are indeed different the chest peice and the shoulderpads look differerent maybe the weapons will be the same.

chris

• 5 weeks later...

since they are small they problly do not look to bad, i think if you zoom up real close on all of them you will see flaws, my madrock is like the if you look at it the way it is, it looks perfect, but i took a close up shot and i could see all kinds of little paint problems, they are all very similar if you look at the normal shot of the f-91 it does not look bad you really have to zoom up real close to see any probs, though the face on the f-90 looked funny and it is a shame about the crooked vfins on the f-91 head, but many of the fix have that problem (it is easily fixed)

One minor niggle. The F-90 and F-91 GFF share the same feet, but this is incorrect.

The F-90 is supposed to have vernier jets (circle in a square shape) on the front and sides of the foot (the white area of the foot), but the GFF omits these.

I'm guessing Bandai just wanted to save a bit of money, so gave the F-90 the F-91's feet, instead of sculpting the correct feet :(

Graham

Dam it,, I was so hoping some kind of add-on for the F90, but it's just stock. Guess i'll just wait for the mostly never to be release Mastergrade version. <_<

Oh, this is the old Bandai F90 model,, Notice that the foot is abit different than the F91. :)

post-26-1093868292_thumb.jpg

One minor niggle. The F-90 and F-91 GFF share the same feet, but this is incorrect.

The F-90 is supposed to have a vernier jet on the front (white part) of the foot, but the GFF omits this.

I'm guessing Bandai just wanted to save a bit of money, so gave the F-90 the F-91's feet, instead of sculpting the correct feet :(

Graham

that's pretty much par for the course. several of the previous GFFs had major detail changes on minor parts, nothing criminal, but annoying if you were looking for it. part of it is katoki making the design his, and part of it is obviously money saving. and for that matter all the designs so far have had something that differentiated the katoki GFF version from the original design, usually though its addition of some monstously huge gun and some sculpting changes, and not the subtraction of a design element.

• 2 weeks later...

recived my F-90 and F-91's in today i got both the A and B version, good set, thank fully mine did not have the flaws that were mentioned earlier in these posts that some other guy got, it is so nice to see these guys get the fix treatment. all i need now is my Victory Gundam

post-26-1094845976_thumb.jpg

F-90 with awesome gun, it is a shame that it did not come with the rest of the weapons but it is still a very strong release, i am very happy with these, i do not have pics of the other to configurations maybe tonight.

post-26-1094846136_thumb.jpg

hi does anyone have the pics for the newest Zeonography releases the #3004 Rick Dom? it is supposed to come out this month, i have seen the line art but has anyone seen the actual toy yet?

thanks

chris

What the difference between Rick Dom and a plain Dom? Wasn't the plain one released as #3002?

The head looks different (for the worse), it has lost its Dom signature. :(

Edit: oops, I didn't realize the one with the different head is MS-10. I didn't know the heads are different. The Dom I had in mind is MS-09.

Edited by nhyone

NICE PICS, Mechmaster!!!

For those asking;

The 3004 release comes in 2 versions:

#3004a MS-09R Rick Dom / MS-10 Pezun Dowadge

ZEON_3004a_Final.jpg

#3004b MS-09RS Rick Dom (Char Aznable’s Custom) / MS-10 Pezun Dowadge (Char Aznable’s Custom)

ZEON_3004b_Final.jpg

The 'hooded' Dowadges have the spiked forearms.

As far as the difference between the Dom and Rick Dom -- I believe it is a slightly larger skirt on the Rick Dom.

thanks for the pics on the new Doms, the F-90's and F-91 Fix are the same size pretty much as the other fix release's , in the series they are supposed to be smaller but as a toy they are about the same size as the others ,no real problem. i wish they would start making something other than Zakus and Doms in the Zeonography set already.

actually Grand Cannon i had both the Mg Doms that were released it only seemed like the weapons and the colors were different between the normal Dom and RickDom which i thought was funny. also a B-club add on kit that was released later on ( i think it was for the DomTropen) said it could only be used fo the RickDom, which i thought was wierd because i am all but certain the 2 MG kits are just repaints of each other with no different parts except weapons

Zeo-mare is right, I only bought one of the MG Doms but I have both versions in the original "no-grade" series and the only difference between the Dom and the Rick-Dom is that the Dom is a pinkish purple and the Rick-Dom is a bluish purple. In the novels and presumably the anime too, the difference was all internal, more powerful engines and stuff.

I always thought the Dom was designed for ground combat (hence the "hover" capability), and the Rick Dom was intended for space use, with the large beam rifle and thrusters appropriate for that environment.

Yeah, was never 100% sure on the skirt thing, but because of the vernier upgrade/change for space-use and seeing bad-angled pics :) , it seemed that a larger skirt would be needed.

Never did have one of each to compare as I only have the Rick Dom MG kit.

**EDIT**

Alas!!! Here are the culprit pics which are at different angles, but fooled my feeble mind!!

DOM

RICK DOM

Edited by GRAND CANNON

NICE PICS, Mechmaster!!!

For those asking;

The 3004 release comes in 2 versions:

#3004a MS-09R Rick Dom / MS-10 Pezun Dowadge

ZEON_3004a_Final.jpg

#3004b MS-09RS Rick Dom (Char Aznable’s Custom) / MS-10 Pezun Dowadge (Char Aznable’s Custom)

ZEON_3004b_Final.jpg

The 'hooded' Dowadges have the spiked forearms.

As far as the difference between the Dom and Rick Dom -- I believe it is a slightly larger skirt on the Rick Dom.

Wow!!! They both look very nice!!!