E3 Thread

Ladic

post-10-1084298275.jpg

PlayStation 2 reduced to $149

At Sony's E3 event, Kaz Hirai announces that Sony's console will now be the same price as the Xbox.

In his opening statement at Sony's E3 press conference, Sony Computer Entertainment America president and COO Kaz Hirai reminisced about the decade since the PlayStation's debut at the 1995 E3. During that period, Sony has shipped 170 million units of hardware, including 71 million PlayStation 2s. He highlighted the fact Sony will ship 14.1 million PlayStation 2s this year, "more than our competitors' consoles in their entire life cycle."

In a not-so-subtle swipe to his competitors, Hirai said the situation was essentially the same now as it was when the PlayStation debuted. "Competitors [are] entering the market--and fading away," he said.

Hirai then went on a lengthy breakdown of the PlayStation 2's market history and demographics. Then he touched on a key issue--the price of the PlayStation 2. "Effective immediately, the PlayStation 2 will be $149," he told a crowd in Los Angeles. Hirai also promised a widespread media campaign promoting the new price point. "The health of console market depends on us," he said.

Gamespot.com

Here's a link ( :lol: ) to the NEW Zelda game (possibly the last on the Gamecube).

Video HERE (Quicktime required).

The Nintendo DS also made it's grand apperance. B))

I can't wait. Zelda rules!

gcllink.jpg

post-26-1084313510_thumb.jpg

No cartooniness!!!

Zelda as it should be.

Man....now I'm gonna have to spend money on a GC just so I can get the new Zelda. :( And after I do that, I'm gonna have to buy mario kart and smash brothers ='(

Heh. I already own Mario Cart Double Dash and the GC. So I am already halfway there. :p

No cartooniness!!!

Zelda as it should be.

OMFG!!!11!!! CEL-DA IZ 4 KIDZ!!! OMGLOLZ!!!

:rolleyes:

You DO realize that the style Miyamoto went with looks almost exactly like the Link from the original NES instruction manual. You also must realize that LTTP and MM are the only Zelda games with even SEMI-relistic graphics... so just how is it justifiable to say that is how Zelda should be? :p

I am looking forward to it also, just as another Zelda game though.

As for Nintendo listening to its fans; Nintendo's fans have been there all the way, encouraging creativity. The reason I like Nintendo is that they're not afraid to try new things, unlike the other big two companies. While they are guilty of screwing third parties, they are getting better at that.

Mmmm... DS... I hope it has good games that make use of its technology.

That image looks RAD!

Bitchin' even!

However my love for the Zelda series died with my 80's lingo. That franchaise is ruined in my eyes due to continuity issues... Gone the way of Transformers.

The design of the PSP looks very sweet indeed... although you can't ever judge a piece of hardware solely on its appearance.

We haven't seen anything run on it anyways... so I would reserve judgement... and I'm actually a big fan of Sony.

I'm surprised at the size of the PSP's screen... very wide. Its almost like Sony slapped on the widest screen they could find just to spite the guys at Nokia and their stupid n-gage with its ultra-narrow screen.

The concept for the Nintendo DS looks pretty interesting... however that thing looks quite ugly IMO. It looks like it came from the 80's, very bulky, awkward shape and tons of enemy space on it. If it has good software and its cheap, it could offset its terrible exterior design though.

And yet this interests me far more...

New Zelda?

B))B))B)):):):)

Indeed, and Crom smiles upon it...

According to IGN.com:

But when the music kicked in -- an homage to the 1998 Ocarina of Time movie spot -- the crowd went wild. (The new Legend of Zelda trailer actually features the same song from composer Basil Poledouris, who orchestrated Conan The Barbarian.) What followed was an awe-inspiring display of cutting-edge graphics and an overall crowd reaction that approached a pure state of euphoria. 

Big shocker Bandai announces GITS SAC for the US PS2 in Nov

Bandai has announced Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, a PS2 action game based on the motion picture of the same name. The game will let you play as one of three characters from the movie and will feature both a single-player game and multiplayer play for up to four players.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is scheduled for release in November. For more information, consult our previous coverage.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/11/news_6097153.html

I really wish I had the time to go to E3 this year...I passed by Staples Center on my way to an interview today...looked cool from the outside.

That image looks RAD!

Bitchin' even!

However my love for the Zelda series died with my 80's lingo. That franchaise is ruined in my eyes due to continuity issues... Gone the way of Transformers.

Wind Waker was placed well as 3rd to Ocarina and Majora. I liked it. Besides, that doesn't diminish DYRL, or the 2 games based of it.

I'm really impressed by what Nintendo is offering up this year. I must say the DS looks like it's exceeding my expectations. I wonder what the price will be? Nintendo has been on a big 'affordability' kick for years now, so here's hoping the DS doesn't get slapped with a $300 price tag that puts it right out of the realm of worth getting, like the PSP.

The graphics they get out of the Cube never cease to amaze me. This looks like a good year for gamers.

I didn't see this in the article, but may have missed it, has Sony given a release date for PSP yet?

Also...300 bucks? Seriously? The price is gonna have to end up being less than that, Sony's gotta know that nobody's gonna buy a 300 dollar portable console. Of course, I probably will, but that's aside from the point, they can't be thinking that they'll be profitable selling to hardcore gamers with sufficient income.

Also...300 bucks? Seriously?

Seriously. Been known for a while. They've also been cutting features from it to meet that price, and to get it out the door faster, such as DVD playback. At least that's the latest I've heard.

No cartooniness!!!

Zelda as it should be.

You DO realize that the style Miyamoto went with looks almost exactly like the Link from the original NES instruction manual. You also must realize that LTTP and MM are the only Zelda games with even SEMI-relistic graphics... so just how is it justifiable to say that is how Zelda should be? :p

I am looking forward to it also, just as another Zelda game though.

As for Nintendo listening to its fans; Nintendo's fans have been there all the way, encouraging creativity. The reason I like Nintendo is that they're not afraid to try new things, unlike the other big two companies. While they are guilty of screwing third parties, they are getting better at that.

Mmmm... DS... I hope it has good games that make use of its technology.

Not to say I didn't enjoy wind waker, I did. It's style was original and they made good use of it, just a slick new Zelda in this style would look uber-cool, and bad ass. :)

The design of the PSP looks very sweet indeed... although you can't ever judge a piece of hardware solely on its appearance.

We haven't seen anything run on it anyways... so I would reserve judgement... and I'm actually a big fan of Sony.

I'm surprised at the size of the PSP's screen... very wide. Its almost like Sony slapped on the widest screen they could find just to spite the guys at Nokia and their stupid n-gage with its ultra-narrow screen.

The concept for the Nintendo DS looks pretty interesting... however that thing looks quite ugly IMO. It looks like it came from the 80's, very bulky, awkward shape and tons of enemy space on it. If it has good software and its cheap, it could offset its terrible exterior design though.

DS looks just like GBASP and it is a good design.

The bulky design makes it very durable. I don't know how many times I drop my GBASP and it still works.

I am buying DS on the first day of release. :D

No cartooniness!!!

Zelda as it should be.

You DO realize that the style Miyamoto went with looks almost exactly like the Link from the original NES instruction manual.

I have to disagree with you there, Max. While I have no problems with Wind Waker's cel shading or style, I was actually dissapointed that it didn't look anything like Miyamoto's original Link. <_<

Link.jpg

Link2.jpg

Link3.jpg

New Link.

NewLink.jpg

Just in case you guys didn't hear about this.

My other HORY FROATING HEAD (of video games) Shigeru Mikimoto appeared at Nintendo's E3 conference sporting THIS.

What a great mind that has given us tons of smiles. B))

post-26-1084336978_thumb.jpg