King Conan? Guess who's playing him

Still trying to see the bright side over here...

It is true that Milius is good with untested talent. Most of Conan the Barbarian was inexperienced actors from Arnie himself to Milius' surfing buddy Gerry Lopez as Subotai.

I just wish whoever was holding the purse strings didn't feel like they needed a wrestling name to sell tickets. I'd much prefer a movie full of no-name swedes and bodybuilders. ;)

Still trying to see the bright side over here...

It is true that Milius is good with untested talent. Most of Conan the Barbarian was inexperienced actors from Arnie himself to Milius' surfing buddy Gerry Lopez as Subotai.

I just wish whoever was holding the purse strings didn't feel like they needed a wrestling name to sell tickets. I'd much prefer a movie full of no-name swedes and bodybuilders. ;)

Me too! Wrestlers just seem like such white trash clowns.

"Talent?"

Please....

Kevin Sorbo isn't that buff, and I couldn't tell you who Lorenzo Lamas or whatever is out of a line-up.

All they need is a big strong guy that looks like a barbarian. I mean hell, Agent One could play him if he grew his hair out.  :lol:

So you don't care the least bit who you're watching swing the Sword of Atlantis? Well that's allright for you, but I'm just a wee bit more demanding of the movies I watch. I don't expect some great master thespian to take on the role, but that doesn't mean that I'm willing to watch any old meat sack grunt at the camera for 120 minutes. And as a near-former RAW watcher, I can assure you that HHH's delivery would be cringe inducing.

You're more demanding of the movies you watch, yet you like Conan. I never really saw the attraction. I hear there's books and they're way better, but I dunno.

As far as barbarians are concerned, they can be anybody to me. Like I said before, it could be A1 for all I care.

You're more demanding of the movies you watch, yet you like Conan.

Darn tootin'. The first Conan still stands up today, IMHO. A good cast, awesome costumes and set design, and Basil Poledouris' score is one of my favorites of all time. Sure, it's not as flashy or as polished as today's sword & sorcery flicks, like LOTR, but it's silly to hold that against it.

You're more demanding of the movies you watch, yet you like Conan.

Darn tootin'. The first Conan still stands up today, IMHO. A good cast, awesome costumes and set design, and Basil Poledouris' score is one of my favorites of all time. Sure, it's not as flashy or as polished as today's sword & sorcery flicks, like LOTR, but it's silly to hold that against it.

You also like Trigun. :lol: That, I can hold against you. B))

You also like Trigun. :lol: That, I can hold against you. B))

Quoth the Evangelion fan. :p

[Tarkin] This bickering is pointless [/Tarkin]

I don't really care who they get to play Conan, just as long as it's not that assclown HHH. Personally, I'd rather they go with an unknown. Somebody big enough to meet the physical requirements, but not familiar to cinema goers so there'd be no baggage.

Failing that, AgentONE gets my vote. How long would it take to grow your hair out, A1?

I don't really care who they get to play Conan, just as long as it's not that assclown HHH. Personally, I'd rather they go with an unknown. Somebody big enough to meet the physical requirements, but not familiar to cinema goers so there'd be no baggage.

Failing that, AgentONE gets my vote. How long would it take to grow your hair out, A1?

Probably 8 months...

This is how it looks now:

post-25-1084328620.jpg

To tell you the truth I would seriously try out for the part... I am probably not big enough though. As much as I don't agree with casting any steriod monsters in movies, as I believe it shows the wrong things to kids, Conan needs to be really big... Funny thing though, Arnold, when he did the first Conan was not nearly his biggest. In fact in comparison to his 73 Mr. Olympia performance he didn't look good at all.

Heh. Even A1 is too 'girly man' to be a King by His Own Hand. :lol:

I really just wish the Governator would do it. My understanding was that King Conan was becomming "old and sodded" (like King Oscric from the first movie).

There's also no questioning that the Destroyer and Red Sonja :lol: don't match up to the Barbarian, but they can still be entertaining. :ph34r:

:lol: I maybe 20 lbs too light for the role, but I AM stronger than Arnold ever was.

I am currently 202 with 11% bodyfat. Just an estimate, Arnold was maybe 220 with 10% for the first Conan, and 225 with 8% in the second.

Just for reference he was in his best movie shape for Predator... I am guessing 210 with maybe 5%

Heh.  Even A1 is too 'girly man' to be a King by His Own Hand. :lol:

:lol: I maybe 20 lbs too light for the role, but I AM stronger than Arnold ever was.

I am currently 202 with 11% bodyfat. Just an estimate, Arnold was maybe 220 with 10% for the first Conan, and 225 with 8% in the second.

Just for reference he was in his best movie shape for Predator... I am guessing 210 with maybe 5%

I figured you for about 6-8% BF, that was my "fighting" %, but i only was 180lbs, 5'9" though,,,,now Im 200 and probably 20% :p (working on it though) 20lbs of muscle though,,,HGH needed :blink:

Hey, at least we can probably agree on one thing: at least it's not The Rock. Or Vin Deisel, for that matter.

The Rock IMO would make a great Conan, Much better than HHH.

Hey, at least we can probably agree on one thing: at least it's not The Rock. Or Vin Deisel, for that matter.

The Rock IMO would make a great Conan, Much better than HHH.

After seeing the Scorpion King... I don't think so!

King Conan without Ahnuld is like Coca Cola with the fizz. Flat and fruity! He has proven himself many times with classics like Commando, Predator and Red Sonja.

I would love to see the movie but I want my governator there! I'll vote him a leave of absence to take on this presidented role.

King Conan without Ahnuld is like Coca Cola with the fizz. Flat and fruity! He has proven himself many times with classics like Commando, Predator and Red Sonja.

Commando and Predator I'm willing to call classics, but Red Sonja :o

Surely you jest?

Graham

I hope I can be in the next Conan movie again. I was in the first one. Remember that big boiling pot of human parts? That was me floating inside. :lol:

I remember clearly: I was the guy with the big soop-ladle... :p

• 11 months later...

I really just wish the Governator would do it. My understanding was that King Conan was becomming "old and sodded" (like King Oscric from the first movie).

There's also no questioning that the Destroyer and Red Sonja :lol: don't match up to the Barbarian, but they can still be entertaining. :ph34r:

The man has recognized that that's a part of his life that's behind him, and he's moving on into the next phase of his life. He wants bigger, more difficult challenges; he wants to truly test his depth and limits as an actor--hence, he's moved into politics. :lol:

Oh yeah, I thought I read once that Arnold actually had to battle with a bout of food poisoning while filming for Predator?

And NO, Arnold should NOT do another Conan movie...AgentOne, you might want to cover your eyes....

post-26-1114914699_thumb.jpg

Yeah, yeah.... Those pictures have been around for a year or so, they are photoshoped. Just look at him in T3. A physique doesn't fall appart in that short period of time.

Just to update, incase I can get the role... This morning I was 222 at 10%. I COULD pull off Conan now.

Just to update, incase I can get the role... This morning I was 222 at 10%. I COULD pull off Conan now.

congrats on the 10%, hard target to get unless you weigh as much as a girl, just to add to the photoshoped pic, when youve worked your whole life to stay in shape and be a cut above the rest your not going to let yourself get to that point

congrats on the 10%, hard target to get unless you weigh as much as a girl, just to add to the photoshoped pic, when youve worked your whole life to stay in shape and be a cut above the rest your not going to let yourself get to that point

Yeah no kidding. Anyone who has ever exercised will know that pic is fake.

Yeah no kidding. Anyone who has ever exercised will know that pic is fake.

That reminds me, whats the best way to measure body fat %?, i was told the most accurate is those electronic scale's. I'd like to get an accurate starting point