How many of you own the Takara 20th MP Prime?

I've had my MP Convoy since early January.

From some of the talk I've seen on TF2005 a lot of fans are hoping for a Masterpiece Starscream next.

I know that will please a lot of Trans-fans and jet fans alike. :D

I don't collect TFs, and am thinking if I should get the MP Convoy or the Binaltechs (either the Impreza or the Viper). They look far different from any TF before. Like comparing Yamato 1/48 to Bandai sculpts for Macross.

Are these MPC and Binaltechs playable? I mean, can I transform em often and not worry about having em break or chip? Is the transformation an hour long process like on the Yammies?

Are these MPC and Binaltechs playable? I mean, can I transform em often and not worry about having em break or chip? Is the transformation an hour long process like on the Yammies?

At first the transformations can take a bit longer than expected (even moreso than a Yammie Valk), but eventually you'll be transforming them in no time (just don't go in thinking it'll be as fast as a G1 toy).

Binaltech's have a minor problem with paint chipping (I can already seem them on my BT Smokescreen). :(

*weighs up poseability, weighs up paint chipping* :unsure:

:D

.........with a toy like this, u just cant keep ur hands off it :lol:

I gots one and its so nice.. I keep looking round the cheapy stores for a decent trailor for Optimus! Pity the trailor wouldn't transform even it I got it.... unless...

...maybe if I wish hard enough it WOULD transform without falling off the bench onto the ground into a million bits, its secondary mode of 'blasted by megatron' disguise. :p:p

You'll love it mate :)

Sam

I have all of the available 20th Anniversary line by Takara : Masterpiece Optimus Prime and BT-01 to BT-04 and I gonna buy all of them. :lol:

Got mine right after Christmas. Love it. It's my favorite non-Macross toy in years.

I thought about picking up the Hasbro one, but after looking at it, there's no real reason to unless you want backup or you're a completist.

Got mine right after Christmas. Love it. It's my favorite non-Macross toy in years.

I thought about picking up the Hasbro one, but after looking at it, there's no real reason to unless you want backup or you're a completist.

....or as spare parts for the Takara. :pB))

I have one.

I may eventually get a Hasbro too (why not for 60 bucks), but I like the Takara so much better. The shortened smokestacks of the Hasbro look like crap.

I am buying the Hasbro Alternators though over the Binaltechs. 20 bucks each is perfect there, and no paint chipping.

Edited by Anubis

I gots one and the hasbro one with the black gun and poster in it. I plan on buying another if the prices go waaay down, especially the takara one. Now all I need to buy are those recasted smokestacks for the hasbro version! :p:D:lol:

I have one of each and am very happy to have paid the extra money for the Takara one right around New Year. The paint on the Hasbro one doesn't bother me a bit (in fact, I almost dig the weathering a bit...Optimus, unlike some of his troops like Sunstreaker and Tracks, always struck me as the kind that wouldn't care how filthy he was until it affected his functionality). The short stacks, however are just plain wrong. They don't look half bad in cab-only truck mode, but with a trailer or in robot mode they just seem horribly wrong. I should probably jump into the ordering of the recast stacks myself...

I'd be willing to pay the same amount again for a Starscream (heck, done right I'd pay it three times over to have Thundercracker and Skywarp repaints too)...I only hope that Takara puts a little more effort into the vehicle mode if they are considering this. Optimus is obviously heavy on looking cool in robot mode...between the side windows and the tiny gas tanks the truck mode could've been better. You can almost live with those issues on a truck, but on an F-15 such carelessness could prove to be unsightly.

Speaking of Starscream, why does Optimus have him on one of his communication screens? Just how often did he ever communicate with Starscream via communicator in the show? Once, maybe? Maybe it's for Megatron to yell at Starscream while Prime's holding him in gun mode.

• 2 weeks later...