Cosplay TRON

Amped

Oh man that is just scary, almost as bad as man faye. though it begs the question as to what kind of program he is suppossed to be, maybe some kind of FAT-32 drive partioning software?

Well, I think cosplay in general is a bad idea. I don't like any of it.

But this guy should be praised for his effort and execution.

I don't get why you guys think you should have to be fit to have a good time doing cosplay. I thought it was all about creativity and imagination...not a beauty contest.

I am suprised at the negative reaction here, looks like he did a good job to me. And I couldn't care less that he is out of shape. I think that it's pernicious, this attidute that anyone with a body not fit for prime-time is unworthy of being seen.

So, given that I think all cosplay is stupid (or at least not my cup of tea), I think this guy did a fine job, and should be congratulated, not condemned for being a bit fat.

But, that's just me.

I have no problem with overweight people, many of my friends are in fact. The problem I have with this guy is that he does not look like at all like the character he is dressing up as, that and the unitard *shudders*

Oh man that is just scary, almost as bad as man faye. though it begs the question as to what kind of program he is suppossed to be, maybe some kind of FAT-32 drive partioning software?

OMG FAT-32 now that was funny :lol: ! It doesn't help either that this guys name is Maynard, poor guy was cursed from the start.

What is Cosplay BTW?

Whoa, who was giving this dude advice???

Hey, let's get a shot of your lumpy ass from ALL SIDES!! <_<

A cup, noooo, you don't need one, the world wants to know whether or not Tron was jewish or gentile, what better way to let everyone know??

I especially like how he went to all the trouble to mask off the shapes on the unitard, but then gives you a nice closeup of the helmet and pads where it's obvious that they just drew the crap on with blue permanent marker.

Finally, [queereyemode] Honey, if you're going to go unitard, remember that dark colors reduce!![/queereyemode]

I bet on top of it all, he probably ran around in this outfit for all three days of the con without washing his ass.

Finally, Penguicon how appropriate.

I give him points for guts as well.

He's got that in spades. =D

I have no problem with overweight people, many of my friends are in fact.  The problem I have with this guy is that he does not look like at all like the character he is dressing up as, that and the unitard *shudders*

Actually, he does. He clearly states that he is *not* TRON. He's specifically portraying an everyday accounting program that's gotten fat and inactive from changes in the tax laws. Says so right on the page.

-Al

Well, I think cosplay in general is a bad idea. I don't like any of it.

I don't get why you guys think you should have to be fit to have a good time doing cosplay. I thought it was all about creativity and imagination...not a beauty contest.

I am suprised at the negative reaction here, looks like he did a good job to me. And I couldn't care less that he is out of shape. I think that it's pernicious, this attidute that anyone with a body not fit for prime-time is unworthy of being seen.

So, given that I think all cosplay is stupid (or at least not my cup of tea), I think this guy did a fine job, and should be congratulated, not condemned for being a bit fat.

But, that's just me.

I don't think cosplay is a bad idea but before I go into some lengthy discussion let me just point you to exhibit A...my avatar. :lol:

Well, I think cosplay in general is a bad idea.  I don't like any of it.

I don't get why you guys think you should have to be fit to have a good time doing cosplay.  I thought it was all about creativity and imagination...not a beauty contest.

I am suprised at the negative reaction here, looks like he did a good job to me.  And I couldn't care less that he is out of shape.  I think that it's pernicious, this attidute that anyone with a body not fit for prime-time is unworthy of being seen.

But, that's just me.

I don't think cosplay is a bad idea but before I go into some lengthy discussion let me just point you to exhibit A...my avatar. :lol:

I asked you before for that pic... send it to me now!!!

Well, I think cosplay in general is a bad idea.  I don't like any of it.

I don't get why you guys think you should have to be fit to have a good time doing cosplay.  I thought it was all about creativity and imagination...not a beauty contest.

I am suprised at the negative reaction here, looks like he did a good job to me.  And I couldn't care less that he is out of shape.  I think that it's pernicious, this attidute that anyone with a body not fit for prime-time is unworthy of being seen.

But, that's just me.

I asked you before for that pic... send it to me now!!!

Alright man, don't get your panties in a bunch. PM me your e-mail address.

Hee... from his page -

I spoke for a few moments about how I wasn't Tron, but a simple payroll withholding calculation program that had gotten overweight by changes in the laws

I like that a geek can work his body issues into his "continuity"...

"It was those damn changes in the laws made me overweight! Not hours of inactivity broken up by donuts and pizza!"

The sad thing is... if he'd spent half the time it took to make his costume on a simple diet and exercise plan...

The el wire was a cool idea.

I give him points for guts as well. I'm no where near that out of shape, but I still wouldn't wear a skin tight suit like that. I'm no Agent ONE!!!

lol, neither is Agent ONE! ;):p:ph34r:

Well at least we now know what happened to Milton from office space! :lol: or maybe that was the payroll program that stole all the money! :lol:

man, that is excatly I was thinking when I saw that last night. First thing I thought was "It's Milton!!" then I noiced he had a weird shaped ass and seriously needed a cup. Hilarious and dangerous to eye sight indeed.

Greetings, Programs!

That's sure some bloated code there...

I had to say it. I think most people here really don't have as much problem with his body shape (heck, I'm far from as in shape as I'd like to be) as much as that the fact that we were treated to about a half dozen 'around the world' photos of nothing but the base bodysuit...it just seemed....excessive.

I very much applaud the attempt and, more importantly, the fact that he did take it one step further and is not pretending to be a character from the movie, but an original character from the same universe.