1/72 Valk Booster

Myersjessee

Well...our wishes for a Valk booster to go with our Hase's appear to have been answered. Monkey Nugget has confirmation that Angry Monkey models next piece will be the Valkyrie Booster. We had discussed appealing to SMT on this..now we wont have too! I am wicked excitied about this. I have already started on my Glaug booster...now the first 1/72 scale Angry Monkey product. SWEET!

For those of you unfamiler with the booster

Booster.jpg

I know it appeared in at leats one episode...now I need to find a truck to launch it from! :)

Anyways...I want to be the first to thank Rob and put my name on the preorder list for this kit!!!! Two in fact please. WOOWHOO!

I'm sure it would help Rob to be able to gauge interest...so maybe anyone else who is interested can chime in. Obviousley I would expect little is known right now, but he said they are shooting for completion by the end of summer. Sooner, possibly, depending on interest. I don't know any pricing info...and I suspect Rob doesn't yet either....but I do know he is planning on keeping the consturction similar to that used on the Gnerl Pod and Glaug pod. both were solid pieces that were easy to clean, flash free, and pieces that attach fit snuggly and easily with little or no puttying required.

GREAT NEWS...happy Easter all!

Edited by Myersjessee

Thanks Jesse for starting this thread. :) I will just add to the info.

It will be in 1/72 scale and it will be fully compatible with the 1/72 Hasegawa VF-1 line.

We are going to try and make it as easy to build as possible. The main body will be sold resin. We may try to lighten it a bit but our attempts in the past have failed and made the model weak. So most likely it will be almost all resin like the Fighter Pod and the Glaug Booster.

The Valk will be able to sit inside of the booster. We will try to make it so the valk can be removed. Keep in mind itis still inthe concept stage.

We will use Hasegawa VF-1 Battroids' legs for the undersection. They will be made out of resin, and will come up flush with the VF-1 Model kit.

I am not sure of the cost yet. But I will try to keep it as cheap as possible.

Right now I am going to guage the intrest in this kit. If you want one please post how many you would like to get. This will help me judge the amount of molds that will be needed once the sratch model is built. It will also save on the cost of the kit.

The people on this list will have priority to get the kit. Once the kit is finished I will produce only a few more.

I will try my best to get this completed quickly.

Rob

Request List:

Myersjessee - 2

Grayson72 - 1

tsuyoshi1 - 1

Kurt - 1

007-vf1 - 1

ChristopherB - 2

Noyhauser - 1

Penguin - 1

to177 - 2

Lo-pan - 1

wwwmwww - 1

flash - 2

rkiyo - 1

gnollman - 2

wm cheng - 1

dyowelb - 1

Ranger565 - 1

unsped - 1

Batou - 1

Tristan Lindo - 1

flyboy - 1

neptunesurvey - 1 or 2

THOR - 1

Edited by Monkey-N

I'll take one!

Oh and slight correction Jesse, this will be the second 1/72 production don't forget the 1/72 QF-9000 will be out before the booster.

Edited by Grayson72

......be the second 1/72 production don't forget the 1/72 QF-9000 will be out before the booster.

Quite true...I forgot about that one too...it is almost finished. (Just got caught up in the excitement of the booster I guess.) Hopefully soon I can post pics of that as well. ;)

Rob

Now all Rob has to do is make the Regult in 1/72 (no more 1/100!) too (along with the scout, large and small missile options).

Man it is difficult to keep a secret around here :o:ph34r:

Yeah especially when you post it on your own website :lol:

Hey, I don't know if this will help or not, but I was looking at my wife's deoderant stick. The bottom turn knob totally looks like it could be used as a booster for either this project, or a fast pack kit for say a 1/32 Valk kit.

If you want to check it out, I believe the brand is "Secret Platinum Protection" in the clear blue plastic container. Or just look in the womens deoderant section for the correct one. You cant miss it. Looks just like a clear blue version of the rounded bowl part of the thrusters for the FAST packs.

post-3-1081677604.jpg

Edited by Fatalist

hrmm.... see if you can find a model of a Russian/Iraqi SCUD launcher(pitch the rocket), IIRC they look quite similar (you will just need to build the patform)

EDIT----

ok looking at it again, you would need to do some interesting mods to make them look the same, but I think it would still look kewl

Edited by Southcross

1/72 ? I am sooooo into this...count me in...

I guess it doesn't come with the "base truck" launcher. But at least I have a couple of Bromry's trucks I'll mod for it...

Edited by 007-vf1

We will use Hasegawa VF-1 Battroids' legs for the undersection. They will be made out of resin, and will come up flush with the VF-1 Model kit.

Will those battroid legs fit on the fighter model? They're a little different.

......be the second 1/72 production don't forget the 1/72 QF-9000 will be out before the booster.

Quite true...I forgot about that one too...it is almost finished. (Just got caught up in the excitement of the booster I guess.) Hopefully soon I can post pics of that as well. ;)

Rob

Hello Rob,

Forgive me if I am mentioning something obvious, such as the fact that both designations refer to the same aircraft.

Your website references the following:

CURRENT PROJECTS:

1. Tactical Pod Regult - Resin Kit - Possibly 1/100 Scale - Completeion Date: ?

2. VF-1 Atmospheric Booster - 1/72 - Pending Project - Completion Date: June - August 2004

3. QF-3000 Ghost (TV Version) - 1/72 - Completeion Date: May - June 2004

Grayson72 mentions a QF-9000, and your post follow his made no corrections, so I was not sure which is being released by you.

A search for "QF-9000" brings up nothing, but a search for "QF-3000" brings up quite a bit.

Thank you in advance,

Christopher B))

Rob

Hello Rob,

Forgive me if I am mentioning something obvious, such as the fact that both designations refer to the same aircraft.

Your website references the following:

CURRENT PROJECTS:

1. Tactical Pod Regult - Resin Kit - Possibly 1/100 Scale - Completeion Date: ?

2. VF-1 Atmospheric Booster - 1/72 - Pending Project - Completion Date: June - August 2004

3. QF-3000 Ghost (TV Version) - 1/72 - Completeion Date: May - June 2004

Grayson72 mentions a QF-9000, and your post follow his made no corrections, so I was not sure which is being released by you.

A search for "QF-9000" brings up nothing, but a search for "QF-3000" brings up quite a bit.

Thank you in advance,

Christopher B))

Oops, I meant QF-3000.

Hello All!

Sorry for my lateness in replying...I am moving into my newly built house and it is taking up most of my time. ;)

Thank you all for the suggestions on how to make this. I will pass them on. I am personally not building this one. But I am paying to have it built. The guy is a pro and he is my friend. He has asked that I not reveal his name because of his job. But I can give you a hint as to where he works: Kai_od_.

Anyway it will be nicely built and as compatible as possible. Also the more intrest I get in this the cheaper the final cost will be. I do not have a price in mind yet because we have just started. I will post progress pics as I get them (If he lets me). He is kinda shy about his unfinished work. :blink:

Thanks again everyone!

Rob

Not sure about the price, but if it will be less than $30.00, put me down for one :)

(please don't think me cheap, just broke :) )

I can guarantee you it won't be less than $30, this thing is gonna be huge. The last product from Monkey was $95.

Put me down for one...

Thanks,

Carl

P.S.  So who is going to do the lauch vehicle next?  I'll need one of those to display it properly. ;)

Yeah like you're ever gonna build it, :lol:

LoL... grayson's got a good point, carl. we haven't seen too much of your stuff posted here. time to get the camera out and take some pictures of your "Mother Load of Macross Models".