1/72 Valk Booster

Myersjessee

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about a delay in replying. The project has run into a bit of a snag. It is not dead. Turns out that the guy building it didn't pay his rent and was evicted. I was trying to track him down. Found him and he has finished the kit. Now I just need someone to cast it and make molds. Hopefully I can find someone in the U.S to do it so it saves on the shipping.

Any volunteers?

Rob

Oh Jesse, care to put your 1/48's on hold?

That's great it's actually finished, do you have it in your possesion, how bout some pics? What's the story with the Ghost? I thought it was the same guy building that one?

Okay here is the story. For some reason or another this guy didn't pay rent. Even after we gave him money to do it, and paid him for the stuff we were having him do. I do not have it in my possesion ...yet. But I will this weekend.

As for the Ghost...it is in limbo. I was told it was finished but have yet to see it. My trust in this guy is fading fast...actually it is gone, along with alot (and I mean alot) of money. :angry:

I will see him this weekend and get the details. Like I said I just need someone to make molds and cast it now. I have asked him to take pictures repeatedly.

Anyway this willbe the last project from Angry Monkey Models, until I learn to cast that is....

A very sad Rob :(

Thanks for the support. we will get something worked out as soon as I get the kits from the guy.

Those of you who were lucky enough to get the Glaug Booster and The Fighter Pod, hold on to them. they have just become very limited models.!

Rob

Damn Rob, I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I know that people in Japan are just like everyone else as far as propensity for good/evil, but it still sucks that you were taken advantage of.

The very first bill I pay every month is rent/mortage.

I wonder what the hell he went and spent the money on.

Sometimes it seems like the worst crap happens to the nicest people. You've had problems with Yamato, someone flaking out on Yahoo Japan, the stuff you sold to Arafat, and now this. I'm not sure if I got all of the details right, but you get my point.

Best wishes to you and thank you for persevering. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Those of you who were lucky enough to get the Glaug Booster and The Fighter Pod,  hold on to them.  they have just become very limited models.!

Ouch again...

Is there any way you can recover your molds from your caster? Hell, you paid for em. And I'm sure he's not the only one who can cast from them.

Bah, I hate doing 3 months of Reaserch on a Model and then you may not be able to get it. Rob hang in there, I am sure you will get the kits this weekend. The guys on this Forum want these kits just as much as you do. I can almost bet that all you need to do is have them in your hands and this whole forum will come to the Rescue. :)

Hello everyone,

New poster here. If this project continues, I am very interested in one of the kits.

I hope everything works out for this. I will keep my eyes open for more details.

This is one of my most anticipated projects. Can't wait to get one!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Sorry about the lack of updates. I have been super busy with work and taking care of my wife (She is due next month with a new bouncing baby monkey).

I wish I had news on the Booster, but I don't. It is sad to say that the guy making it has gone missing in action again <_< , and short of actually breaking into his apartment I can't get anything. It isn't dead...I have invested too much into it and come hell or high-water I will see it finished.

Rob

Hello All,

Sorry about the lack of updates. I have been super busy with work and taking care of my wife (She is due next month with a new bouncing baby monkey).

I wish I had news on the Booster, but I don't. It is sad to say that the guy making it has gone missing in action again <_< , and short of actually breaking into his apartment I can't get anything. It isn't dead...I have invested too much into it and come hell or high-water I will see it finished.

Rob

Its time we send Anthony "Knuckles" to have a talk with him... <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Well it is update time. I have been told that this will be finished next week. I was told by Tuesday Japan time.

If it is completed I will be posting pics and taking pre-orders for the kit. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and it will be finished. As some of you may know this will be my last venture so I want to go out with a bang.

Rob

Well it is update time. I have been told that this will be finished next week. I was told by Tuesday Japan time.

If it is completed I will be posting pics and taking pre-orders for the kit. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and it will be finished. As some of you may know this will be my last venture so I want to go out with a bang.

Rob

No not the last venture, you just gotta be more careful with who ya do biz with, like the trusted members here. No no say it isn't so. :(

The Yahoo Auction Service will be down for awhile. Basically I have no capital to keep it floating between buying thng and recieving payment. Until I can get my own account it will be dead for awhile. There are many things I am trying to recover from at the moment....a big one is this resin project. :(

However if there is something you are looking for just e-mail me or PM me. I can try to find it without using Yahoo Japan. My resources are expanding every day. :rolleyes:

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All :(

I bring sad tidings to this project. Yesterday was the completeion date of the Booster. It was finished. Completed. Ready for re-casting.

However due to circumstances I can't even begin to understand, it is broken. The excuse given to me was that he let a friend look at it and they dropped it.

I have been told that it will take a month to make a new one. Which means I have to buy more supplies for him to make it. I have already spent $1500.00 on this project so far and what I have is a pile of putty and styrene. I cannot afford to re-finance this project.

He says he will start on it again with what he has....but unfortunately I don't believe him. It has taken every ounce of willpower I can muster to remain calm when speaking to this gentleman.

Anyway I have told him that I will not give anymore money to this....and if by some chance he manages to do it I will start a new thread.

I offer an apology to all of those who were looking forward to this, I just wanted to provide something that had never been done before.

Again my Apologies. :(

Rob

Rob I'm so sorry to hear whats happened. I can't imagin how pist off you must of felt to hear that some person just droped it and broke your dream. If you need any support on this project let me know because I know A lot of people owe you for coming through for us time and time again. May be there's some one who can fix whats been broken and get this ball rolling again. Spending 1,500.00 on something and getting nothing sounds f-up. Maybe whats left of the booster kit can be salvaged. Its your call Rob.

From Rich

Man, that's really bad... He was responsible for breaking it, and now he expects you to pay for it again? :angry:

Did you at least get the shattered remains back from him? I'd say the way to go would definitely be to try and repair it so that hopefully the project can continue, and your efforts (and money) won't be wasted.

I'd offer to do the repair work and even the casting myself, if I didn't already have my hands full with the Monster :(