1/72 Valk Booster

Myersjessee

Thanks for your support (as always). Basically what is going to happen is, well i don't know. Try to recover. Who knows he may magically fix everything and have it for me next week. But it is unlikely. I no longer trust him. Also turns out that he lied about the Ghost being finished as well....

Oh Well lesson learned. Never pay for a contract service up-front, or at least until the project is almost finished.

I think I will just make it myself...I can do it. :unsure:

rob

Hey MN,

So sorry to hear about it - I for one am very grateful for all your efforts and look forward to your goal - just getting caught up on the soap opera now :p

Also estatic that its alive again - I sincerely hope you will recoup your losses. Any chance of pictures or where it is at this point?

Thanks again MN!!

Wow that was fast, really happy to hear it's alive again. Would love to see pics even of the broken pieces as a teaser :lol: .

When you said it was broken my first thought was "surely someone here could fix it no matter how badly is was broken". Sounds like I was right hurray!

Okay,

Here are some of the details. It is being built from scratch again. I have to check on a few things before we can start it. But what I can confirm is.

It will be built by John Moscato. So high quality is not an issue. Thanks John!! :)

It will be hollow an highly detailed.. :):)

It will be compatible with the Hasegawa VF-1 Super Kit (pending designs)

In the future if enough people get them, there will be a launch vehicle made as well.

I will have full details in the new thread. Give me a day or two and all will be revealed. Plus something to make all MWers happy!

Rob

This is awesome!

I love to see the MacrossWorld members coming together to make dreams come true!

Makes me want to give someone a hug!

Carry on guys!

:)

It's unfortunate to see how much sheer grief Rob had to go through on a project as simple as the Valkyrie booster. I was so sure that there would be a little bit more professionalism in Japan, what with their strong GK industry, but apparently it's just as bad as in my neck of the woods (Montreal.)

I pretty much don't subcontract anything out anymore because of incidents just like those... At this point I'd rather just refuse a client alltogether on a project than

bite off more than I can chew and have to deal with all these half-assed con men <_<

John,

I completely agree with you, and I really appreciate the way you stepped in to help. Thank you very much!

Yeah, I always had the impression that Japan was a place where the code of honor rang supreme, but in this day and age, no country is immune from shady people. The time of the Samurai is long gone.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Hello All!

I am pleased to announce this it has begun. If you have any questions feel free to send a PM.

We will try to keep everyone updated on this as often as possible.

Plus in the next week or so we will have a surprise announcement for everyone. :ph34r:

Rob MN

Welcome to my little club  :D

I appreciate that, it's nice to feel welcome. :lol:

I'm not sure what motivated you, but I finally decided it was time to chose a scale and stick with it.

I think it's cool to be able to display all of your stuff, and be able to compare different sizes between items due to the fact that they are all scaled the same. Not only that, but there is so much available in 1/72, that you can spend a lot of money, and stay busy for a long time collecting all of the different models and toys.

Of course that doesn't mean completely ignoring special items that the IHP 1/100 VB-6 recast, or the Yamato version. ;)

Do I get a membership card or something like that? Just PM me the details about our secret handshake and meeting location and I'll be there. :ph34r:

By the way, I know you have a ton of 1/72 stuff :blink:, and I would love to see the list sometime.

Edited by ChristopherB

Heh secret handshake, you're funny.

I chose 1/72 scale for several reasons:

There's a lot to collect in this scale (as you stated)

I wanted to limit myself and this seemed to be the one with the most to offer, especially if you want to buy diorama stuff to go with it

I do stray when there's a few items I want like the 1/48 models, and I collected all the little Zentradi ships cuz like they would'nt fit on my property in 1/72 scale :lol:

Here's the list:

This is just the Macross and Mospeada models, I got tons of other scifi and modern military models too, all in 1/72 scale.

All items are 1/72 unless noted otherwise

All items are original unless noted otherwise

VF-1A Fighter Valkyrie clear w/special decals

VF-1A Fighter Valkyrie x4

VF-1J Fighter Valkyrie x2

VF-1S Fighter Valkyrie

VF-1A Super Valkyrie

VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

VF-1 Valkyrie Weapon Set x2

VT-1 Valkyrie "Super Ostrich"

VE-1 Valkyrie "Elintseeker"

YF-19 Fighter

VF-1 Battroid

YF-21 Fighter

Macross Display Stand

VF-1A Super Battroid Valkyrie

VF-1S Strike Battroid

VF-0S Valkyrie

SV-51

VF-1 Super/Strike Valkyrie

VF-0B Valkyrie

VF-1S Strike Battroid, Minmei Guard

VF-22S

VF-1D Valkyrie

VF-19 Fighter

VF-1A Valkyrie Angel Birds

VF-1J Valkyrie Max & Millia Two-in-One Set

VF-1D Valkyrie "Max/Virgin Road" (Wedding Episode)

VF-1A Valkyrie Low Viz

VF-1S Super Fighter Valkyrie

VF-1J Super Fighter Valkyrie (Max)

VF-1A Super Fighter Valkyrie

VF-1D Valkyrie (Variable) x5

VF-1A Valkyrie (Variable)x4

VF-1S Valkyrie (Variable)

VF-1J Valkyrie (Max) (Variable)

VF-1J Valkyrie (Milia) (Variable)

Destroid Missile Phalanx

Destroid Tomahawk

Destroid Defender x5

Zentradi Glaug

Destroid Spartan x3

Armored Battroid VF-1J

Zentradi Standard Regult x2

Zentradi Quel Quallie Theater-Scout Bug-Eye 1/720

Zentradi Fighter Pod 1/72

Destroid Monster (recast) 1/72

Legios & Tread (recast)

Mospeada Gurab

Mospeada Gurab (recast)

Mospeada Ligaa (recast)

Mospeada Ligaa w/Booster (recast)

Mospeada Legios AFC-01Z (red)

VF-19 Sound Booster Add-on

Cat's Eye Recon

Fan Liner

Fan Racer

Fan Racer (recast)

VF-4G Lightning III Fighter

Zentradi Queadluun-Rau

VF-11 (Wonderfest Special)

1/48 VF-1S Ultimate Detail Strike Valk (recast)

1/48 YF-19 (recast)

1/48 YF-21 (recast)

VF-2SS

Lancer II x2

VF-17 Battroid

VF-11C Super Battroid

Edited by Grayson72

I'm definitely in to them, and would love to work on collecting whatever is available.

I'm working on completing the Hasegawa list right now. The normal items are fairly easy, but the rare kits cost a good bit more.

I think that I'll work on the Destroids next, but I honestly have no idea what is available, what is really rare, and then of course the holy grail of them. ;)

My only problem is that I would need (1) to build, and (1) to collect. :(

I'm definitely in to them, and would love to work on collecting whatever is available.

I'm working on completing the Hasegawa list right now.  The normal items are fairly easy, but the rare kits cost a good bit more.

I think that I'll work on the Destroids next, but I honestly have no idea what is available, what is really rare, and then of course the holy grail of them. ;)

My only problem is that I would need (1) to build, and (1) to collect. :(

The hardest of all destroids is gotta be the Missile Phalanx Destroid in 1/72 followed closely by the 1/72 Monster. Both very expensive, both Wonderfest exclusives. I got the Monster recast from Monkey Nugget which was actually improved from the original. Good luck in your quest, two of everything may be difficult and not necessary, i.e., the monster takes up a whole shelf in the closet, it doesn't have a fancy box either.

So in order of rarity (in my opinion) and approx. value

Phalanx $180-200

Monster $350-$400

Tomahawk $80-95

Spartan $50-70

Defender $40-$50

Edited by Grayson72