Official VB-6 Koenig Monster Order Thread

ChristopherB

So, was I... :(

Anyone remember that I was one of the people that put a downpayment on this kit?  I can't find my e-mails...  :(

342067[/snapback]

I was also one of the people that put in the $100 for this kit, along time ago in a galaxy far far away ;)

342555[/snapback]

:(

So, was I... :(
Anyone remember that I was one of the people that put a downpayment on this kit?  I can't find my e-mails...  :(

342067[/snapback]

I was also one of the people that put in the $100 for this kit, along time ago in a galaxy far far away ;)

342555[/snapback]

:(

344270[/snapback]

<_< As did I.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Valkyrie, since the monster's on hold, can we get our money forwarded towards thenew project, or refunded? It's been a long time, and if you are working on another project, well I just dont know why i pre-paid for a project that aint being worked on ya know? Kinda thought this woulda been done a while ago is all.

Thanks

Flash

Hi Guys!! This is not the same kit than the other topic, right? (1/72 Resin Monster Model!, better and cheaper than the existing kit)

Edited by cool8or

• 2 months later...

Can you tell us what we could do get a refund or something equivalent; since it looks like the project is no longer in the works?

Yea, I never thought it'd have taken this long either :/

I'd offer refunds if I could, but I don't have the cash lying around at the moment (christmas and all, yaknow?).  But credit towards the VF-11 is quite do-able.

349690[/snapback]

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta second this, nothing personal, but its been a long time now, with nothing back for all that money...

Can you tell us what we could do get a refund or something equivalent;  since it looks like the project is no longer in the works? 
Yea, I never thought it'd have taken this long either :/

I'd offer refunds if I could, but I don't have the cash lying around at the moment (christmas and all, yaknow?).  But credit towards the VF-11 is quite do-able.

349690[/snapback]

369151[/snapback]

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

377049[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Considering how long ago all this started? (almost two years now...) No I don't. To be honest, at this point I could care less about the kit and I've written off ever getting a refund on the preorder payment. That doesn't mean I have to like the way this turned out. Especially seeing as how I am more than a little responsible for getting the project started and that makes me responsible for all the other people who preordered, payed, and got shafted.

Seriously, this is the kind of thing that makes future projects by other people less likely because they remember getting burned and then don't want to put money up early. That's a BL thing. I find it really humorous that he actually told everyone he was giving up for a while and taking on another project. I'm gonna try that at work tomorrow and let you know how my bosses feel. -

I agree with trueblueeyes here. Those of us that paid in advance in good faith to get the project started have indeed been burned. We haven't had any updates in a loooong time & there have been no attempts at issuing a refund to the specific individuals concerned. I believe Carl Hoff already got his original model back; as well as an almost completed test shot of the recast. The people who fronted the "seed" money didn't get anything but an idle promise... the BL looks inevitable unless our recaster comes forward with money in hand an an explanation.

Trueblueeyes, if you have his direct contact info, could you attempt to reach him since you may have a better line on him than the rest of us. Or please PM me & I will try as well. Thanks.

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

377049[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Considering how long ago all this started? (almost two years now...) No I don't. To be honest, at this point I could care less about the kit and I've written off ever getting a refund on the preorder payment. That doesn't mean I have to like the way this turned out. Especially seeing as how I am more than a little responsible for getting the project started and that makes me responsible for all the other people who preordered, payed, and got shafted.

377091[/snapback]

it is sad that this is ending up this way, alot of people put money down on this they are owed big time. i hope soemthing can be worked out this kit started out with such great promise.

chris

Haven\'t a few members recieved this kit?

377654[/snapback]

AFAIK, only Carl received a kit.

____

And just to clarify, it wasn't Carl who loaned the original for a recast. (although I believe he finally found an original). The owner of the kit didn't want to be identified.

And XSToys: unfortunately I only have Valkyrie's e-mail address but the

VB-6's original owner may have more contact info. I'll try to find his e-mail if I can and see if he has an address or phone number.

A list of all those who payed a preorder payment would be great. And my apologies since I was one of the people who got this project started. :( I really never expected it to turn out like this.

Melissa

Anyone who has an outstanding pre-order, please PM me with your mailing address or Paypal address (whichever you prefer). Refunds will be given promptly.

Sorry for the delays, everyone, but stuff's been keeping me pretty busy. Work's been keeping me from even finishing the VF-11 project, and my motherboard dying a couple days ago didn't help any either :/

I mentioned a while back that I was pretty burnt out on the Monster project. And I'm curious... How many people still want one?

I'm guessing that the Yamato toy killed a lot of the demand for it. So I'm really wondering how many I'd have to make to finish the project.

Valkyrie is a valued member of this community. I would NOT threaten a Black List... at least until you hear his side of the story.

377679[/snapback]

Valued members aren't immune from the blacklist. You can nominate someone to the list and it's up to the satisfaction of the customer or other party to remove them if they make good. There's a lot of old timers from the boards that are on the blacklist and deservedly so. Let me remind you the names Rick The Hunter, Rasario Love (now back under the SN 'redemption') and Mylene'. now a new addition UN Spacy and a close call for Glane21

I'm glad Valkyrie replied to this, but a threat doesn't hurt anyone unless it's followed thru.

Edited by >EXO<

All I can say, EXO, is that I disagree. The Black List is a threat that should not be taken lightly.

378063[/snapback]

What should not be taken lightly is the misapropriation of other people's money and trust.

And regarding the demand for the kit, many users would still love to get one... Myself included. But after reading all the posts of prople who paid for something they didn't get, I doubt anybody would trust sending any more money before this mess get cleaned up.

Limbo, unless you were involved in this, I have a feeling that you don't know the whole story. If people have PM'd Valkyrie and found that they've not been taken care of, then that's one thing.

Keep in mind that the garage kitters on MW don't do this for financial gain. They could easily make more money doing something else. They are fans that are trying to please other fans. This is not a business in the traditional sense. Ask MJ, Gundamhead, mslzz, honnemaise if they are making an appropriate profit to compensate for time away from their families and health hazards of pouring toxic resin into complex molds.

Limbo, unless you were involved in this, I have a feeling that you don't know the whole story. If people have PM'd Valkyrie and found that they've not been taken care of, then that's one thing.

Keep in mind that the garage kitters on MW don't do this for financial gain. They could easily make more money doing something else. They are fans that are trying to please other fans. This is not a business in the traditional sense. Ask MJ, Gundamhead, mslzz, honnemaise if they are making an appropriate profit to compensate for time away from their families and health hazards of pouring toxic resin into complex molds.

378096[/snapback]

I know the whole story pal. I read the post and it is clear what happened. People are having problems with this thing since Dec 3 and on the last couple of days all hell break loose and people start losing their patience and decided to make it public. I know you want to defend your friend but the whole martyr speech does not change the fact that people paid money for something they didn't get. It is a seller-buyer transaction that was never fulfilled, and they were left wondering with no explanation or refunds given.

However you are right on one thing: besides my personal interest on the kit, It is not my money at stake and I have no business talking about it. I will say no more.

378096[/snapback]

Sure - I too don't know the whole story, I'm not in on it and I have no direct interest in the matter, but there is a point of view you're missing...

The blacklist (and its opposite) are trusted resources, and there are those of us who will come to the forum without knowing who is trustworthy and who isn't, see a project like this going on and make judgements on whether it's worth getting involved based on those lists. I mean - getting a set of John Moscato's Zentradi was the first fan-driven project I'd bought into, and I felt perfectly safe sending not-inconsiderable sums of my money to some random paypal account of a guy I know only through some forum because he has a good name, the forum says he's trustworthy.

On the other hand, I come to this thread and see this, and from my point of view, all I can tell is that some guy started a project, asked for seed funds then arbitrarily cancelled the project and didn't give the seed money back to the people who'd contributed. I don't mean to suggest that Valkyrie should definitely be pilloried and blacklisted and kicked in the nuts 'til he bleeds, I'm aware there quite probably is a good reason, just that the full story should be made public when other people's money is involved - because if all I see as an outsider is this guy not following up on implicit promises and getting away with it because a bunch of guys are willing to defend him for being an old-timer, it dilutes the value of the blacklist and whitelist. I can no longer assume that people on the whitelist are trustworthy and that if a guy's done bad in the past he'd be on the blacklist, 'cause he might just have the right friends. Instead, I have to trawl through every single past thread and look for myself... I don't have the time for that, so the safe option is not to get involved. And that's bad, right? The whole point of these projects is to facilitate fans getting kits of things they wouldn't be otherwise able to?

Valkyrie volunteered to cast the thing after a bunch of us were looking for a kit. wwwmwww found it and that's when the project started. Valkyrie was potentially doing members on the board a favor. He got way behind for alot of reasons.

All I'm saying is don't threaten to put the guy on the Black List unless you had a promise from him to deliver something at a certain date. If he doesn't return your money, then you have a reason to threaten a BL.

And just to clarify, it wasn't Carl who loaned the original for a recast.  (although I believe he finally found an original).  The owner of the kit didn't want to be identified.

Melissa

377675[/snapback]

Correct on all counts. Thanks for setting the record strait.

Carl

Valkyrie volunteered to cast the thing after a bunch of us were looking for a kit. wwwmwww found it and that's when the project started. Valkyrie was potentially doing members on the board a favor. He got way behind for alot of reasons.

378115[/snapback]

As Melissa has already stated it wasn't my kit that got this project started but I was very much in favor of it getting started as at the time I didn't have an original. I too feel very bad about how all this has turned out and being a big supporter of the project going in I can't help but feel partially responsible.

I already have a 95% complete kit from Ken, I believe I'm just missing directions, screws and barrels. That said it sure looks like Ken has done 99% of the work torward making this project a reality. It looks like Ken is willing to refund those who have already paid into the project but if he sees there is still interest in this project I really don't think it should take much more to complete a few kits.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

I mentioned a while back that I was pretty burnt out on the Monster project.  And I'm curious... How many people still want one? 

Well I'd sure like the missing parts to mine and I know the original kit supplier is still wanting his copy. I'd be willing to bet there are others.

I'm guessing that the Yamato toy killed a lot of the demand for it.  So I'm really wondering how many I'd have to make to finish the project.

377720[/snapback]

I understand how the toy could have killed some of the demand and probably undermine your motivation with this project but I personally don't think it killed as much demand as you think. I can certainly understand getting burned out on a project and taking a month or two away from it at times but if you posted some pics of progress even just every couple of months I don't think the current outcry would have sounded so negative. I hope you find the time and motivation to finish at least a few more kits and post pictures of them here. I think that would go a long way toward mending bridges.

Anyone know just how many people paid into this project? To be honest I don't have a clue just how many people we are talking about.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww