Official VB-6 Koenig Monster Order Thread

ChristopherB

Heh... Koenig monster kit for sale complete with all screws needed for assembly, boxed in custom packaging, and free with each kit...a small piece of Ken's sanity! :p

It will be worth the wait and I am just glad Ken has been willing to put so much work into this project. BTW, who else has bought the Yamato VB-6? I've noticed that even without diecast, it is a pretty hefty toy. The completed Koenig Monster model kit is going to be one big heavy chunk of resin. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

This is my first post in some time, and I thought it fitting that I post in this thread, because I 'm still really excited about owning a recast of the IHP Koenig Monster.

Ken, thank you for all of your hardwork on this project, and I hope you will finally be able to finish it soon. I'm glad you haven't given up, and I'm sure the end will justify the means.

A few people contacted me in my absence regarding this thread. I would like to resume managing the list of customers, so if anyone wishes to be added or removed please advise me accordingly.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

I remember reading in the Yamato Koenig Monster thread that Valkyrie would be finished with the IHP VB-6 within less than a month...I'll have to do a search.

Edited by ChristopherB

Here it is, and sadly yet another disappointment. "Should" is the key word:

"And finally, for those of you who are still interested in getting one of the recast kits, they should finally be finished sometime this month. I'm still working on getting the final molds finished, but I just don't have enough free time to get them nearly as quickly as I would like to :( " Posted: Feb 3 2005, 12:28 AM

I know this project isn't an easy one, and I know that patience is a virtue, but you shouldn't take on a project unless you plan to finish it, and you can devote yourself to it at least 100%.

My best wishes to Ken, and I sincerely hope that he is able to finally finish soon. His previous goal to beat the Yamato release has come and gone, and that was with a very big headstart. Heck, we didn't even know that Yamato was going to release a VB-6 when this project started.

;)

My pet projects:

1.) The 1/72 Catseye recast project I helped with is completed.

2.) The 1/72 variable VF-4G recast project I coordinated is almost complete.

3.) The 1/48 VF-1AG is alive, but going slowly.

My pet projects:

On the AG note - keep an eye on the toy section the next couple of days. I should have an update there soon - dunno if it'll be considered a significant one or not, but the AG is still alive and kicking!

My pet projects:

On the AG note - keep an eye on the toy section the next couple of days. I should have an update there soon - dunno if it'll be considered a significant one or not, but the AG is still alive and kicking!

Yeah, you'd better hurry up!!

I'd hate to see Christopher B compliment, and lambaste you at the same time too. :rolleyes:

Edit - Oops, looks like I posted too late.

Edited by Mechamaniac

My pet projects:

Yeah, you'd better hurry up!!

I'd hate to see Christopher B compliment, and lambaste you at the same time too. :rolleyes:

Edit - Oops, looks like I posted too late.

Agreed. <_< ('and not at MM.)

Edited by Doctor Paragon

Sorry for the lack of updates, guys. But progress is definitely being made. I'm pretty close to finally being done, actually. I think I've only got about another 3 molds left to make.

I still need to put the finishing touches on my scratchbuilt barrels for it too. They ended up taking way too long (I had no less than 3 failed attempts at them), but it's looking like they're going to be awesome. Much better than the plastic tubes the IHP kits came with. And I'm going to pull out a few molding tricks to try and make sure there's no seams on them too :)

I'll try and get some new progress pics posted this weekend when I've got some time off work.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump... O Koenig, where art thou?

ChristopherB, since you are now back to MW on a more regular basis, maybe the list should be updated to include those who have recently shown interest in getting a kit, or have opted to back out, either by posting or PMing you. I saw requests to be added or removed going back to November '04 that don't show on the list.

edit: re-structured confusing sentence

Edited by Viceland

Thank you for the update Ken.

It will be another month tomorrow, perhaps you can post the progress pictures you mentioned.

Yes, I was away for a while towards the end of last year and now I'm back, and I appreciate the reminder to update the list. It has been done. ;)

If anyone else would like to commit or retract please let me know.

Sorry once again to have kept you guys waiting. Things have been a bit crazy...

But it's almost done. I should just have one more mold to make (the 4-gang mold of the barrels), and pretty much everything else should be only casting work. The hard part is done. And there were some rather difficult molds in there...

I'll start with a pic of the first successful casts from some of the molds. This is what's going to become Carl's kit. I promised him the first one.

post-3-1112602491_thumb.jpg

And speaking of molds, here's the big box of molds from the first round of the Monster project. They've served their purpose, so they're pretty much useless to me now. But it pains me to think how much time and money is in that box...

Anyway, if anyone needs some Oomoo 30 to chop up and use as filler in their molds, let me know.

post-3-1112603065_thumb.jpg

And finally, my scratchbuilt cannon barrel, next to the plain acrylic tube that the original kit came with. I think is came out quite well.

You may notice that it's a bit longer than the original, but it's intentional. The final barrel casts will all be individually machined to their proper lengths, and probably bored out from the rear to reduce their weight.

post-3-1112603312_thumb.jpg

A frontal shot, to give you all a clearer look at their differences.

The original is way too thick-walled for my tastes, so I made it a lot thinner. I also made it only partially hollow, so it'll be easier to paint, while still looking realistic.

post-3-1112603475_thumb.jpg

And to give you a clearer idea of the inside of the barrel (i hope), here's the 'mold' I made to create the inside of the forward section of the barrel. That bullet-looking piece on the left is the negative shape of the front inch or so of the barrel.

post-3-1112603919_thumb.jpg

And to give you a clearer idea of the inside of the barrel (i hope), here's the 'mold' I made to create the inside of the forward section of the barrel. 

PICT0127.JPGThat bullet-looking piece on the left is the negative shape of the front inch or so of the barrel.

Hmmmm. I think my wife keeps one of those under her bed.

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

Damn, that's funny and painfully honest at the same time, . :unsure:

I don't know what's worse, them owning one, or the fact they are always stealing our batteries. :lol: It makes you question your manhood when start considering owning stock in Energizer. ;)

Damn, that's funny and painfully honest at the same time, . :unsure:

I don't know what's worse, them owning one, or the fact they are always stealing our batteries. :lol: It makes you question your manhood when start considering owning stock in Energizer. ;)

I was thinking more about how it would suck to be "bored out from the rear to reduce weight". :blink:

This is what's going to become Carl's kit. I promised him the first one.

Kewl!!!! I need to check this thread more often. I'm just now seeing this post and it's been up two weeks already. Boy... am I getting slow.

Thanks for the updates Ken,

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what the timeframe is for this thing anymore but I have had a convergence of expenses rise up, I still want the kit, but it is going to be Mid June or early July before I have the expendable cash for this again.

I have been sitting on the money for the last 7 months or so, but my projection TV blew up over the weekend and I am going out of the country for a few weeks. If these come out before June 15 or so, then bump me down or off the list, if they aren't ready till after then, no problem.

So, you can bump me down to the end of the list, or list me as tentative if you need to, but I won't be able to front up the cash until at least June 15.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's Friday the 13th, so I though it might be fitting to check and see if there are any updates.

I wasn't sure if any progress had been made in the last (30) or so days.