NEW Trailer for AVP (Aliens vs. Predator).

Kinda interesting tag line for this trailer (but I think I've heard it before in Freddy vs. Jason).

Exclusive Internet Trailer HERE.

;)

One can only hope for some hot steamy Alien and predator to liven up yet another bad cross over movie.

Freddy vs Jason lacked that... along with a coherent plot and good actors. ;)

EDIT: analyzing the trailer... there are a few things I like. 1-the predator in the trailer looked quit cool without its mask. 2- they seem to have redesigned the Aliens, and the CG aliens seem to be much better then the CG aliens in Resurrection, and they seem to have made them a bit more like the original alien then the aliens in Aliens.

1 thing I disliked.... no Queen? :huh:

Edited by Abombz!!

looks okay.

my problem with this flick?

No United States Colonial Marines with M41A Carbines, Flamethrowers or Smart Guns.

GIVE US WHAT WE WANT FOX!!!

:lol:

Don't forget their ever-useful welding unit. It's the welder that makes the marine, really.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting to use the Colonial Marines in a possible sequel.

looks okay.

my problem with this flick?

No United States Colonial Marines with M41A Carbines, Flamethrowers or Smart Guns.

GIVE US WHAT WE WANT FOX!!!

Don't forget their ever-useful welding unit. It's the welder that makes the marine, really.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting to use the Colonial Marines in a possible sequel.

how could i forget??!!!

maybe in the sequel, the marines will finally have them Sharp sticks Hudson was talking about. :lol:

lol, or give us a separate movie with JUST the colonial marines!

Early on, I was pretty apprehensive about this movie, but the more and more I think about it, the more I'm willing to let it play out and see how it does. I guess the idea has grown on me. I STILL wish they'd stuck with the original script from the 1990's (which DID call for Colonial Marines to save the day)

I don't know, freshly laid eggs means there is a queen there too. It's not AvP without a queen for the final fight.

Meh. Trailers mean very little in this case. Paul Anderson has never had a problem making a film that looked good, visually speaking. Its his absolute inability to tell a story thats his downfall. I guess we'll see, one way or the other, this august.

I don't know, freshly laid eggs means there is a queen there too.  It's not AvP without a queen for the final fight.

freshly laid eggs also means someone kept the fridge door closed. ;)

I'm trying to be optimistic, though it is possible.

We are still owed a proper Queen battle after the Resurrection fiasco as well. How else are they going to do the climax?

Meh. Trailers mean very little in this case. Paul Anderson has never had a problem making a film that looked good, visually speaking. Its his absolute inability to tell a story thats his downfall. I guess we'll see, one way or the other, this august.

I completely agree.

I think we can all agree that the directors usually have a large part in determining if a movie will be good or sub par. I was really looking forward to watching AVP. I probably still will just out of curiousity. However, Paul Anderson is the same man who brought us films such as Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, and so forth. He tends to turn movies into silly action flicks as opposed to tackling them from a more serious angle. I thought RE could have been a good picture if he made it more along the lines of a 28 days later, but instead we got a woman dropkicking zombie dogs.

Let's see. The first two alien films were directed by Ridely Scott and James Cameron. I don't think anyone will mention Paul Anderson in the same sentence unless they add "He's no..." :(

It is possible to have a bed scene in this movie where the Queen Alien and the macho Predator mate and produce a hyrid? :p:p:p

Hell yes, it will go something like this:

Queen lays an egg.  Facehugger emerges from egg.  Facehugger leaps at Macho Preditor.  Face hugger sticks it's... you know deep deep into the macho preditors throat (who gags).  Facehugger is then spent and falls off.

Macho Preditor has remorse the next day.

Just like in every other Alien movie.

Event Horizon was fairly entertaining and had a pretty good atmosphere and creep factor. :(

Event Horizon was fairly entertaining and had a pretty good atmosphere and creep factor. :(

I actually liked Event Horizon (or "EH" as all of its 3 fans refer to it as) the first time I saw it. But when I saw it again a year or so later, I noticed that a lot of the "scares" were actually pretty cheap. for example, in the beginning of the flick, Sam Neill opens those Shutters Of Doom. And the whole "escape before the ship blows up" routine was pretty standard. Couple that with a really weak ending, and it comes out a loser.

I did like the design of the ship, however. Creepiest space ship since the Nostromo.

I actually liked Event Horizon (or "EH" as all of its 3 fans refer to it as) the first time I saw it. But when I saw it again a year or so later, I noticed that a lot of the "scares" were actually pretty cheap. for example, in the beginning of the flick, Sam Neill opens those Shutters Of Doom. And the whole "escape before the ship blows up" routine was pretty standard. Couple that with a really weak ending, and it comes out a loser.

I did like the design of the ship, however. Creepiest space ship since the Nostromo.

Well, the same can be said about every movie like that. Very few "scares" survive a second or thrid watch.

But I agree with you on the ending. It started pretty good, and it slowly went to hell. Some of the early deaths were pretty good but the later ones were just boring. I wish they would show more of the "hell" clips. Some of the footage from the EHs cams seemed to be pretty bloody and creepy.

I actually thought the 'hell' clips from Event Horizon were the lamest point in the movie. Of course, I stand by the old idea that you never show 'the monster'. Hell didn't look nearly as bad in that movie as I would imagine it to. It's impossible to capture that kind of horror on film, so most of the best horror writers and directors would go out of their way not to show the monster, and let it creep directly into the heads of the audience, where it would become the creepiest thing that each and every person could imagine.

That's why I hated all of the obvious 'scare moments' of the movie. Like where it zooms in on the corpses and stuff. Of course, when you can only catch a glimpse of the terror, then it's a lot creepier.

But yeah, I did like the design of the ship and the overall atmospher. I didn't think EH was a bad movie, just not as good as it could have been.

This movie? This Aliens vs. Predator? That trailer didn't show nearly enough to give me any hint as to how good or bad it would be. I don't like the director's track record, I don't like how he manhandles fear and utterly fails on terror. I don't like how he emphasizes action to the point that it ruins any pretense on being a 'scary movie'.

AvP might be a decent, watchable movie, but I seriously doubt it will be a great movie. Too bad, I was hoping to finally see a good Alien movie, as I've hated every one after the second.

Yeah bring back Major Dutch. :lol:

Hmm looks ok. Maybe a sequel can have the Colonial Marines since the Governator is unlikely to be available for any possible sequels...

For the length, they show amazingly little....

I'll go see it, but I'm not holding my breath or anything. If I want some decent AvP stories in the meantime, I'll just go re-read my Dark Horse....

I wish they would make a real Alien Vs Predator movie... not a Alien vs Predator, with a bunch of meat bag humans, whose purpose is none other then get gory deaths, stuck in the middle of it. <_<

The dialogue in your suggested movie would be awful complex.

:wacko:

I wish they would make a real Alien Vs Predator movie... not a Alien vs Predator, with a bunch of meat bag humans, whose purpose is none other then get gory deaths, stuck in the middle of it. <_<

The dialogue in your suggested movie would be awful complex.

:wacko:

Yeah... I figured it would have too much chatter to be a good movie. :rolleyes:

Queen lays an egg.  Facehugger emerges from egg.  Facehugger leaps at Macho Preditor.  Face hugger sticks it's... you know deep deep into the macho preditors throat (who gags).  Facehugger is then spent and falls off.

Macho Preditor has remorse the next day.

LMAO!!! :lol: Funniest thing I've read in this forum for quite some time...

What is this, so now the Aliens have a higher form of culture.

For a creature with no eyes and a view of the world that be described mostly as if they are in constant inebriation, they surely have good artists. Love the detail around the alien relief.

Well assuming that this wasn't made by the predators.

post-26-1078902878_thumb.jpg

Edited by mk16

For a creature with no eyes and a view of the world that be described mostly as if they are in constant inebriation, they surely have good artists. Love the detail around the alien relief.

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh

It's probably made by an ancient human civilization that worshiped the Aliens as goods (or demons) or some such nonsense.

Graham

It's probably made by an ancient human civilization that worshiped the Aliens as goods (or demons) or some such nonsense.

Graham

Its prolly a crazy predator place.