Macross World Custom Toy page

Graham

I'm thinking of setting up a page linked to the MW toy page, to feature Macross custom toys by MW members, as we have so many great customs coming out and I feel it would be good to have a permanent record all in one place.

The page would basically be divided into the following categories: -

• 1/48 Customs.
  • 1/55 Customs.
  • 1/60 Customs.
  • Other Macross toy customs.

Who thinks this is a good idea?

Obviously, I'd have to get Shawn's approval, but I'm sure he'll say yes.

Graham

Good idea! Because when I want to find a custom I remeber was really good I have to find it through the 'search' function. And if there's a place I can show off a custom it would motivate me to finish them quicker! :p

Yes Yes Yes.

List them by Artist so they get due credit.

I did post this idea on the Staff Feedback forum

This is the reply I got from yellowlightman:

"For the most part, custom Valks aren't nearly as common anymore. I guess the variety in Yamato's releases and the Bandai reissues got rid of the need for most customs, though we still have some members making some really kick ass customs.

Macross Fan Works (see my sig) is open to toy customizers too, but most of the people who use it are fan artists. "

What customisers have to do is PM yellowlightman for space on the Fanworks gallery.

I still think a dedicated custom valk gallery would be nice tho.

This is something that should have been done yrs ago. We've seen alot of great talent come and go. I fear that those new to the boards will have missed out on all the great customs that used to be more frequent.

OK, I'm going to start on this tonight.

I'll handle the page design and uploading to the server. I should have a basic page with at least a couple of customs ready to show tonight.

However, if any of you have some free time, what I need are research assistants to help me locate the URLs for the forum threads that feature toy customs. If any of you are willing to help with this to save me a bit of time, can you please post the URL in this thread.

Thanks,

Graham

HEHEHHEH ...i would like to bring up some points.

1-Low viz was based on a low viz UN airforce fan custom

2-a lot of the japanese fans frequent this site as we have no japanese equivalent...in this case we are the hotspot for macross internationally! we ARE the site(good job shawn and graham!)

why did I bring this up? Well maybe someone on t˙ese boards will make a bad ass custom(a bunch of members have i am in awe of the time dedication and skill put into the customs posted here) and kawamori or yamato will notice..and make it the

NEXT LIMITED EDITION 1/48 VF-1!! remember the low viz was based on a custom!

Course this might not happen but I think it could.