4 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

These arrived today. I've waited a long time to snag this Anubis. Got it and Jehuty NIB.

20240411_114909.jpg

Nice grabs! I remember having a mini-obsession with getting them a few years back, & pretty ecstatic when finally got Anubis to complete.

Anubis has a weak point though, the PVC / rubbery sheathing on his tail can rot & fall off, based on some used examples I’ve seen. I’m guessing a lot is to do with exposure to UV or oxidation, not unlike some plastic-leather materials on 1/6 scale figures..

29 minutes ago, MKT said:

Nice grabs! I remember having a mini-obsession with getting them a few years back, & pretty ecstatic when finally got Anubis to complete.

Anubis has a weak point though, the PVC / rubbery sheathing on his tail can rot & fall off, based on some used examples I’ve seen. I’m guessing a lot is to do with exposure to UV or oxidation, not unlike some plastic-leather materials on 1/6 scale figures..

That's unfortunate to hear... I don't think it's an issue, but from what you've heard/seen do you think periodic exposure to this much light cause potential issues? Here's Jehuty in the case for example...

Working on Anubis in a few minutes and I'll post him. Then snag a group/case shot for the display thread sharing the new cases I made.

20240411_162542.jpg

8 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

That's unfortunate to hear... I don't think it's an issue, but from what you've heard/seen do you think periodic exposure to this much light cause potential issues? 

I'm thinking the material rot on Anubis' tail should be more to do with long term oxidation than UV, so the lighting you are using shouldn't have much effect.. Another example of something similar would be Apple charging cables for their devices, which develops cracks and flake off at places along the length of cable after some time. 

MAX FACTORY Figma Guyver Bio Booster Armor Guyver II F Movie Version Colour Variant EX-036

GuyverII1asm.jpg.5d3c9d739087ab1c27cba710bd45a104.jpg

Arcadia Megazone 23 1/24 scale die-cast model Garland (reissue)

Megazone231asm.jpg.ad7990503a796554196563211989855b.jpg

Edited by shazam

This is apparently an Akane Hououji, of whom & what I have totally no idea. It’s just one of those occasional cheap prize figures I throw in when buying stuff from Mandarake, so to get lower unit shipping. :rolleyes:

438732C0-A8D1-41EE-B4C1-B5B07EBACA24.jpeg.dde5ad00d29a2079863393d2884f4cbb.jpeg

CW from top left: New Age's Freyr (Swoop), Rhedosaurus (Sludge), Herbie (Bumblebee), and Vanishing Point (Cliffjumper). 

100_6494.JPG.b92a0829a7f3c4ef8d6a53abbb32202c.JPG

100_6511.JPG.4d15e7a541c1d19b2abdaeffa066356a.JPG