Your Most recent Macross Toy Purchase - 2024 Super Metal DX Hi-Metal Premium Revival Edition Re-issue

azrael

8 hours ago, MKT said:

Gotta appreciate how much the newer HMR boxes are better than the older ones. The viewing window is now moved to the back, so we can appreciate Tenjin's art in full and make awesome display pieces in their own right. I wish the larger DX boxes have the same great art style.

-Snip-

Yes, The DX could would also look better with Tenjin's art work! It's sad that a real premium to only gets so-so boxes...

mv_9tV4jP6g.jpg

8 hours ago, Froy said:

Max and Milia Hi Metals.

Post man just delivered Max a few minutes ago.

Milia was sitting in its shipping box for like 3 weeks. Was waiting to unpack both of them together.

Milia is sealed. Max was listed as used and box damaged with missing piece. The missing was the neck filler piece but it is installed on the battroid. For 10000 yen it is very good.

IMG_20240517_112440.jpg.4786baef85480027beb8bfe9b1e12b5d.jpg

This morning just nabbed a VT-1. Hope to have it in hands next week.

Now I'm only down to the VF-4G.

Nice one on Max 1J. It a great feeling to score something for great price, and doubly so when it turned out to be way better than expected. :good:

5 hours ago, grogall said:

Yes, The DX could would also look better with Tenjin's art work! It's sad that a real premium to only gets so-so boxes...

mv_9tV4jP6g.jpg

Right? But I think in Bandai's mind, the DX doesn't need any nice art to sell, and so put it on the lower tier items instead. 

Posted (edited)

Banpresto DX Figure Macross Frontier Sayonara no Tsubasa Sheryl Nome Nurse Version

Sheryl1d1sm.jpg.c6eb3d83173dc0eacde232f4fefff833.jpg

Banpresto Macross Frontier Sayonara no Tsubasa Sheryl Nome Diva First Stage keychain/phone dangler

Sheryl1csm.jpg.f4d8a0d9d63531a8184ac84cd3850026.jpg

Edited by shazam

On 5/13/2024 at 1:25 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

Matte/gloss, I think it depends on the paint scheme.

For the more "racecar" paintjobs, like Delta squadron, and maybe the "hero" VF-27s I can see them with a gloss to go with the hot rod paintjobs. For the grunt paintjob like the VF-171 and VF-31A a matte definitely looks better.

Agree with the VF-31A.  But that's the only one for me, and it's because the livery is deliberately evocative of military-style jets.  So the matte finish makes sense.  In fact I think it's the only finish that makes sense when you're going for F-15-style camo.  But the others need to be glossy for me.  They're toys after all.  They need to be dressed to impress.

On 5/14/2024 at 6:49 AM, sh9000 said:

I'm glad I found another one.  It was a good recent Macross purchase.  I like the box art too.

I've been on a tear with these lately.  Nitto Machinen Krieger.  I actually put one of these models together when I was young and I've had a fascination with the Krieger line ever since.  Some kind of WWII fetish I think.  Anyway, very cool line that combines military, WWII and even a little steam punk aesthetic.  I'm already on my way to collecting as many of these as I can.  Never thought of myself as a model collector, but here you have it.

Nitto - 1 (1).jpeg

5 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

I've been on a tear with these lately.  Nitto Machinen Krieger.  I actually put one of these models together when I was young and I've had a fascination with the Krieger line ever since.  Some kind of WWII fetish I think.  Anyway, very cool line that combines military, WWII and even a little steam punk aesthetic.  I'm already on my way to collecting as many of these as I can.  Never thought of myself as a model collector, but here you have it.

Nitto - 1 (1).jpeg

Nice purchase @MacrossMania.  It should be posted at the other thread.

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/51474-your-most-recent-general-toy-purchase-2024-edition/page/4/#comments

Posted (edited)

The things you find while deep diving for Macross stuff through Mandarake. 😅

Bandai Macross Frontier charm set of nine trading mini figures

Sheryl1ism.jpg.817e7904210e0658b48f91dadaed42ea.jpg

Banpresto Ichiban Kuji Sayonara no Tsubasa H-Prize Characters - Sheryl Nome - Nurse Sheryl, Red Dress Sheryl, Wedding Dress Sheryl

Sheryl1hsm.jpg.0d1a7a54d6a58659b1e953401df904f7.jpgSheryl1esm.jpg.4b932b4dd4a5d9e1a25cadebfa03c30c.jpgSheryl1fsm.jpg.2f5bac1af994c9056963cef747a9f350.jpgSheryl1g2sm.jpg.18e4f746d22bef8d13139641743f5fda.jpg

The Macross Frontier items that almost made it to the cart. Maybe next time. 🤔😄

Macross Frontier Girasama Carnival/Pacifico Yokohama Sheryl Nome & Ranka Lee Face Mask

0000222439_1.jpg

0000222436_1.jpg

Edited by shazam

I have been almost completely holding back from purchasing for the past few months despite it being an excellent time to make purchases from Japan and seeing my personal grails come and go.  But I've recently had some financial ease... did I overcompensate? 

These complete my recon collection as well as filling out all the missing numbers in 1/60 wherever possible.  I'll have to settle for HMR VF-2SS because Evolution got bad reviews.

Now to figure out where to put all these.

IMG_20240520_213200286.jpg.4717bccc4c9f9b10c326e8af1cfb4946.jpg

45 minutes ago, Pontus said:

I have been almost completely holding back from purchasing for the past few months despite it being an excellent time to make purchases from Japan and seeing my personal grails come and go.  But I've recently had some financial ease... did I overcompensate? 

These complete my recon collection as well as filling out all the missing numbers in 1/60 wherever possible.  I'll have to settle for HMR VF-2SS because Evolution got bad reviews.

I hope Bandai could enlarge the VF-2SS one day into DX Chogokin

1 hour ago, Pontus said:

Nice! Unless you already have it and just filling in, I would definitely recommend you get an Arcadia VF-0. It’s redesigned from the Yamato and so good, I’d say it’s the best Valk toy ever made. Or at least top three. 

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! Unless you already have it and just filling in, I would definitely recommend you get an Arcadia VF-0. It’s redesigned from the Yamato and so good, I’d say it’s the best Valk toy ever made. Or at least top three. 

Seconded. :good:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yup, both PF and not are in my alert list (along with the reactive armor), but even on Manda they're stupid expensive when available.  But I managed to snag this pristine, unyellowed Yamato on ebay for a decentish price, so it'll do for now.  I won't mind having 2 tho, as I did for the Elintseeker after buying the Yamato on Manda for under $200 then being the sole bidder on an Arcadia PF from a US seller for just $225!  I felt kinda bad about that actually, but I assured them it was going to a good home, not a reseller.

21 hours ago, Pontus said:

Awesome collection.  I have a couple of these.

On 5/20/2024 at 11:18 PM, Slave IV said:

Incidentally, if anyone is interested, :rolleyes: a seller on ebay just listed several non-PFs and a PF for sale... for the low low price of $1000!!! A friend of mine put this sort of thing best, "Tuna fishing."  Maybe one of them will get folded into the orbit of Pluto.

2 hours ago, Pontus said:

Incidentally, if anyone is interested, :rolleyes: a seller on ebay just listed several non-PFs and a PF for sale... for the low low price of $1000!!! A friend of mine put this sort of thing best, "Tuna fishing."  Maybe one of them will get folded into the orbit of Pluto.

VF-0S PF for $1000, or 0D?

Wondering since I have a 0D PF I need to sell off (and a non PF). Need to reduce my collection for space reasons.

4 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Can anyone maybe identify where this broke off of? It simply fell out as I was installing the super parts. I looked hard at the legs, swing arms, and arms and couldn't see where it came from. Anyone familiar with this?

20240522_155507.jpg

20240522_155519.jpg

Check the metal swing bar as it attaches to the legs….

Twich

Got myself a loose CharaWorks 1/144 VF-1A Max in Zentraedi uniform colors.

Blister has yellowed tremendously but thankfully item inside hasn’t.
C40C063E-239D-42D9-B08A-A4825556BEAE.jpeg.7078e8d52a78bb511d08819957d78d59.jpeg

2 hours ago, grogall said:

These are starting to cost more then a regular priced Chogokin VF-1 🙈

It's driving me nuts. Strike parts were bad enough, but the missile set, in hand, hardly feels worth $60, forget about anything more.

That was why I had wondered if there were way to adapt same-scale kit missiles for the DX and HMRs. Still not seen anyone show that's easy to do.

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

It's driving me nuts. Strike parts were bad enough, but the missile set, in hand, hardly feels worth $60, forget about anything more.

That was why I had wondered if there were way to adapt same-scale kit missiles for the DX and HMRs. Still not seen anyone show that's easy to do.

I've seen Hasegawa 1/48 missiles being modded to fit the DX. They might actually look better because Hasegawa's have longer pylons, so doesn't sit as close to the wings as the DX ones.

3 hours ago, shazam said:

Yamato GN-U Dynamic Macross [VF-1A Max Type (TV version)]

VF-1AMAX1Asm.jpg.610547aebf487ec8c1833eb9f91dfad3.jpg

I have a soft spot for these GNU-Dou VF-1s, and was trying to collect them all. Unfortunately, the price has shot up quite a bit recently, and doesn't seem to abate anytime soon, even if the HMR has displaced most of them.

Another whammy that I found out recently, is that these VF-1s tend to yellow very easily just from oxidation, not at all like the white plastics used for late Yamato / Arcadia valks, and seem to be even worse than Bandai ones. My Max 1A has similarly discolored after being out of packaging for only about couple of years which is quite a bummer. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, MKT said:

I've seen Hasegawa 1/48 missiles being modded to fit the DX. They might actually look better because Hasegawa's have longer pylons, so doesn't sit as close to the wings as the DX ones.

-Snipe-

But wasn't it already established that this is Anime accurate!? And since it is only a real problem when using the UUM-7 Micro Missile Pod, but since its a "space" weapon system, the flaps would always be flat anyway...

913091664_Untitled5.jpeg.963e329fafdf1f8adad4c43088d3fc70.jpeg

Edited by grogall

13 minutes ago, grogall said:

But wasn't it already established that this is Anime accurate!? And since it is only a real problem when using the UUM-7 Micro Missile Pod, but since its a "space" weapon system, the flaps would always be flat anyway...

913091664_Untitled5.jpeg.963e329fafdf1f8adad4c43088d3fc70.jpeg

Yeah anime accurate & I suppose we can rationalise why it is drawn as such. 

Hasegawa’s do provide an alternate interpretation that’s also equally sensible, & am just pointing it out because these kinda minutiae might matter to some folks.

I personally am not so affected by these details, but cool if pointed out which part has relevance to real-life jets to geek out on, & which ones are changed to accommodate sensibilities in Macross universe.