Tamashii Nations First US Flagship Store - New York

sh9000

• 4 weeks later...

I may go just to see what they have on display (maybe pickup kid shf goku). I was originally mostly interested in getting the SDCC SHF Vegeta, Gohan and Raditz figures, but they've since been made available on pbus. I'm not expecting much since it's taking over the old Citizen watch store location. It'll be a small and oddly shaped (interior) storefront.

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from the visit to the TN NYC store about 2 hrs ago. The store space is maybe 1k square feet (not a big store) just enough to display their stuff and sell. They had the VF25F Alto Revival version and VF31AX Hayate on display and for sale near the register (towards the back). 

FYI they are allowing walk-ins but there is a wait. Reservation is not so much of a wait if you're close to the reservation time.

Yep.  Confirmed Macross items in their permanent NY store.  They also had the HMR VF-0D and Tiny Session Valkyries.  It would be cool if this leads to other stores opening in the US.

D4577466-A815-4540-BC85-157203BB7958.jpeg.39bc094fd5ce0c30fd060607c5e341de.jpeg

8C35FDCE-732D-43AA-9C5A-4141CB4BFEAF.jpeg.2df32c616171ad9ccce4e8aa2273346c.jpeg

E3738FE2-F641-4F70-9140-1431C10560B1.jpeg.e0134e7950b2e549d5b22558e943af5f.jpeg

967543BB-6F35-4EEF-A5A6-0D581965F91B.jpeg.fe0576098a9c2457f7f87c5c9bf80df9.jpeg

https://www.toyark.com/2023/09/08/tamashii-nations-store-new-york-grand-opening-recap-513596

Edited by sh9000

Sorry I didn't really bother to check the prices of the Valks because my logic was everything is already marked up (to prices you can probably find at other retailers usag, bbts, gp, etc.)... aside today I wasn't there for the Valks.

Also it didn't really help that almost all of the displays and the product stacks had no prices listed/displayed. My friend had to ask the store employee the prices for the Store Exclusives NXEdge Hi-Nu and NG. 

And... the line to pay, especially the cash only register was right next to the DX Chogokin Display/stacks and people were standing/lined right in front of it.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Nice. Now imagine walking in there and asking the store clerk when the latest Transformers will be incoming. 🤪😄

Hopefully we get to see something like this in Europe, but I'm guessing it would probably end up in London or Paris not anywhere in Germany.

9 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Sorry I didn't really bother to check the prices of the Valks because my logic was everything is already marked up (to prices you can probably find at other retailers usag, bbts, gp, etc.)... aside today I wasn't there for the Valks.

Also it didn't really help that almost all of the displays and the product stacks had no prices listed/displayed. My friend had to ask the store employee the prices for the Store Exclusives NXEdge Hi-Nu and NG. 

And... the line to pay, especially the cash only register was right next to the DX Chogokin Display/stacks and people were standing/lined right in front of it.

Right in line with every other nerd/geek boutique shop out there, followed by people catching on that prices are too high, less visitors/buyers, no new stock, shop going into a lull sitting on old stock and finally closure after a brief couple of years. We will have to see how long corporate Bandai will want to entertain something like this outside Japan.

• 3 months later...