Jada Toys

Mommar

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I would say the articulation of the shf Chun Li is better than Jada, and based on that video the sculpt for the SHF Vega is better but neither are $60+ better and Jada is four away from a full roster in under a year rather than Bandai dragging ass for a decade.

Them MM figures keep looking more and more nuts too!

16 hours ago, Mommar said:

Oddly, Jada have a store exclusive at some Frank and Sons Booth:  I thought the alt costumes were supposed to have different accessories...
https://paulmartstore.com/products/2023-jada-action-figure-street-fighter-ryu-gray-paulmartstore-exclusive-le

I haven’t been there in a bit since moving to Crestline. It’s about an hour away now. When I lived in Riverside I would go to Frank and Son’s quite often. There’s so much cool stuff there and I would tell myself that I’m just going to look. $200 bucks or so later I’d be wondering if I could still afford lunch after the trip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took the plunge on the Paulmartstore exclusive.  I don't think the gi is the correct shade of grey though.  Still looks nice.  Angle joints seem to a softer material and the ankle rocker is difficult to twist.

20231226_225033.jpg.afb398bae1f0bcf2e0b75b237acb2505.jpg

Edited by Mommar

49 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Took the plunge on the Paulmartstore exclusive.  I don't think the gi is the correct shade of grey though.  Still looks nice.  Angle joints seem to a softer material and the ankle rocker is difficult to twist.

20231226_225033.jpg.afb398bae1f0bcf2e0b75b237acb2505.jpg

Nice! I ordered this as well, as my first Jada SF toy to dip toes in. Figured I'm likely gonna get their repaints as an alternative to the SHF ones. 

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

They do dwarf the SHF'w so posing side-by-side will be tricky.

I'll likely put Player 2 Ryu and any future repaints by themselves, since the aesthetics are a bit different than SHF's.. 

Your comment on Ryu's grey bugged me a bit, so I looked it up and although the recent reviews on YouTube never mention it, I think you are quite right. The grey looks to be washed out. I'm usually not very particular on exact coloring on toys, but the initial shade of darker / richer grey Jada showed for this Ryu was somehow a big part of why I decided to pick it up.. oh well.. 

3 hours ago, MKT said:

I'll likely put Player 2 Ryu and any future repaints by themselves, since the aesthetics are a bit different than SHF's.. 

Your comment on Ryu's grey bugged me a bit, so I looked it up and although the recent reviews on YouTube never mention it, I think you are quite right. The grey looks to be washed out. I'm usually not very particular on exact coloring on toys, but the initial shade of darker / richer grey Jada showed for this Ryu was somehow a big part of why I decided to pick it up.. oh well.. 

I don't think Jada ever did show this one?  I've only ever seen the Paulmartstore pics and they didn't look very dark.  My only observation is based on the fact they have a picture of player 2 on the box that contrasts with the figure.

19 hours ago, Mommar said:

I don't think Jada ever did show this one?  I've only ever seen the Paulmartstore pics and they didn't look very dark.  My only observation is based on the fact they have a picture of player 2 on the box that contrasts with the figure.

Ah the initial Paulmartstore's pics are what I meant on the richer grey. The picture on the box actually looks more similar to the initial pics though, rather than the actual item. No biggie, I've been looking for an excuse to pick up these figs, and this is the one that did it.

13 hours ago, Mommar said:

Did you get an e-mail from EE about them already?  I thought Juhn said they weren't going to ship until March now?

Mega Man wave 1 is in stock at EE.

The Jada KITT and KARR are a major pass every time I see them in stores since they don't quite look right.

Wife got me the 1/18 60's Batman & Robin Batmobile for Christmas. It is AWESOME! Can't say I'd ever heard of Jada Toys before but they sure knocked it out of the park with this release. The two figures are die cast and extremely well painted. The car is very heavy and detailed!  As a kid who would watch Batman every day after school, this one is SO COOL! It also has LED light up features in the headlights and the red light on top along with the jet engine in the back. Hood opens to see an all chromed out engine and back trunk opens to reveal some kind of funky looking 60's computer bank or something. ALL this for like $55 bucks on Amazon. If you are a fan, pick one up! You won't regret it! 

NOW if they only made a GOOD looking KITT, General Lee, A-Team Van and a Fall Guy Truck in 1/18 with figures, I would be all set! 

I've been casually observing Jada Toys' line over the years. They mainly focus on 1/24 & 1/32 scale die-cast movie cars - among others they have BTTF, Fast & Furious, movie Transformers, Ghostbusters and arguably the most prominent line are the Batmobiles. 

What sets them apart is that the 1/24 ones tend to come with an accompanying die-cast mini figure, so most of the Batmobiles come with the appropriate Batman mini-figs. Recently, they have also started to bundle in mini-figs to their 1/32 line as well. 1/18 is new scale for them, with added electronics, and began with R-Patz's The Batman & classic '66 Batmobiles. 

The metal mini-figs became popular enough by themselves and they were spun into their own line. They have mini-fig sets now across Marvel & DC comic characters, and it is a great way to have representations of the vast number of comic characters without breaking the bank.

What becomes arguably bizarre is when they do fantasy mash-up pairings of their metal mini-fig characters with their die-cast car to recycle the molds.

How about Wolverine with a Corvette Stingray:

s-l1200.jpg.895afbda73d6467526ccc0302ef8b73b.jpg

Or a Chun-Li with a Mazda RX-7:

HollywoodRides-StreetFighter-124withFIGURE-ChunLi-1993MazdaRX7-CandyBlue-30838-Package-01_1800x1800.jpg.a7ec934834f5b22d5a1021b8acdceca7.jpg

Or as many of us already know, Robotech with the Toyota Supra:

JadaRobotech.jpg.47da4452c351037872a924dd240da002.jpg

I do want the Robotech mini-figs, but I don't want to shell out for the cars as well lol. Hopefully, they release all 4 mini-figs as a set by themselves later.

5 hours ago, Big s said:

How about Mr Bean’s ride?IMG_2354.jpeg.71bc4517ff1b7cb48e847fcc108e8a49.jpeg

Now that would be a great set.. Maybe put out the blue Reliant Robin as well haha.