Jada Toys

Mommar

16 hours ago, Mommar said:

Two Jada Toys Player 2 Deluxe releases and Violent Ken.

I recently got Ryu Player 2 in, and am quite persuaded to get the other Player 2 schemes so P2s Fei Long & Chun Li will be nice additions.

Not so convinced on Violent Ken though, or even the previous exclusive Evil Ryu as I've no familiarity with them in the more recent Ultra SF2. They actually look more like King of Fighters characters to me than SF2 lol.

F1007B2A-8B26-4444-A268-291EF78C2B66.jpeg.82ef8f05b06f565ea72bc8cd9e40a530.jpeg

I'm not interested in any of the Player 2 figures but I might get Chun-Li for the Player 1 head, extra 2 hands, and fireball.  Then try sell the Player 2 Chun-Li.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the Jada Toys Mega Man Iceman and Fireman and…

…they are nice for what they are. Affordable, plenty of accessories, good articulation and paint. 
I will buy the rest of the Robot Masters for sure to go with my 4inchinel Mega Man (who might be slightly too small) since Sentinel bowed out of releasing them (in a sensible manner). 

However, as nice as they are, I just can’t get over the soft plastic they use and how the joints are designed it just feels not es nice to handle and sharply molded as an import action figure like from SHF or Figma. For me it is worth the higher price tag of the import figures.

So they are good, I recommend them, probably the best action figures from a western manufacturer but I would have preferred them in the 4inchinel line.

[edit:] I want to add that the designs of the figures from Jada, that I'm aware off (Street Fighter and Mega Man), lend themselves well for the materials. Because of the bigger feet they stand well even with the use of denser material for the plastic.

Edited by Scyla

On 3/1/2024 at 8:58 AM, Scyla said:

Got the Jada Toys Mega Man Iceman and Fireman and…

…they are nice for what they are. Affordable, plenty of accessories, good articulation and paint. 
I will buy the rest of the Robot Masters for sure to go with my 4inchinel Mega Man (who might be slightly too small) since Sentinel bowed out of releasing them (in a sensible manner). 

However, as nice as they are, I just can’t get over the soft plastic they use and how the joints are designed it just feels not es nice to handle and sharply molded as an import action figure like from SHF or Figma. For me it is worth the higher price tag of the import figures.

So they are good, I recommend them, probably the best action figures from a western manufacturer but I would have preferred them in the 4inchinel line.

[edit:] I want to add that the designs of the figures from Jada, that I'm aware off (Street Fighter and Mega Man), lend themselves well for the materials. Because of the bigger feet they stand well even with the use of denser material for the plastic.

Soft plastic?  What are you talking about?

FYI, that Sentinel Mega Man is Wildly too small, not even close.

17 hours ago, Mommar said:

Soft plastic?  What are you talking about?

FYI, that Sentinel Mega Man is Wildly too small, not even close.

I don’t know how to describe it. But  with action figures from Hasbro and Jada the parts like arms and legs are usually made out of full pieces of plastic. 
This plastic feels dense but also more malleable than say plastic used for say a DX or Arcadia Valkyrie.

I don’t like that feel because when you manipulate a joint it feels like you are bending the plastic with the joint. Especially on Star Wars Black or G.I. Joe Classified figured where the limbs are thinner than on the Mega Man figures.

To me that feels cheap and I don’t enjoy manipulating the figure like with a SHF or Figma figure. Also the joints are usually made out of the same malleable/gummy feeling plastic like the rest of the figure.

I don’t know how to better describe it.

Edited by Scyla

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Mommar said:

Did they already ship their Ken?

No they still list Ken as preorder.  I cancelled my order with them when I found Ken at Target.

• 1 month later...