BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

The show isn't good because is shocks you. That is what Howard Stern is for. The show is good because of the character interactions and the quality of the acting in it. You can't spoil a good story.

Star Wars wasn't ruined when you found out that Vader was Luke's father. You can still watch it after knowing that.

:blink: .....What!?...... :blink: Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers FATHER!!!! :o

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Thanks alot man!!!! ;):lol:

I know the character interation is what makes the show. I've just been really good about not ready ahead into the story. Just trying to get the most out of it like every other first time screener. :)

Chris

The characters, the story, the atmosphere, the effects, the tech, it all blends together to create one of the best sci-fi series seen on TV since Farscape or SAAB. Speaking of which I finally finished watching all of SAAB, never saw the last episode before, and damn, why did Fox have to kill it, that was such a great show? I hope that BSG does not suffer a similar fate.

The characters, the story, the atmosphere, the effects, the tech, it all blends together to create one of the best sci-fi series seen on TV since Farscape or SAAB. Speaking of which I finally finished watching all of SAAB, never saw the last episode before, and damn, why did Fox have to kill it, that was such a great show? I hope that BSG does not suffer a similar fate.

Yeah, they really left it open too. SAAB really started to get better as the series progressed. Getting haircuts really helped too IMHO! :p

Chris

The show isn't good because is shocks you. That is what Howard Stern is for. The show is good because of the character interactions and the quality of the acting in it. You can't spoil a good story.

Star Wars wasn't ruined when you found out that Vader was Luke's father. You can still watch it after knowing that.

But you gotta admit, it's those cliff hangers that get you wanting to see the next one as soon as they roll the credits...

Oh yeah, Bruce Willis was a ghost in Sixth Sense, has been the whole time after he got shot... ;)

The characters, the story, the atmosphere, the effects, the tech, it all blends together to create one of the best sci-fi series seen on TV since Farscape or SAAB.  Speaking of which I finally finished watching all of SAAB, never saw the last episode before, and damn, why did Fox have to kill it, that was such a great show?  I hope that BSG does not suffer a similar fate.

Yeah, they really left it open too. SAAB really started to get better as the series progressed. Getting haircuts really helped too IMHO! :p

Chris

SAAB was killed mainly by cost-per-episode and office politics. FOX didn't have enough room in its schedule/cast/whatnot for two sci-fi shows, so they picked a little show called X-Files over SAAB.

Interesting, given the fact that SAAB had higher raitings than the X-Files did in its first season AND SAAB was up for two Emmy's.

A network considers cost and ratings for a show's survival. SAAB nubers prolly didn't justify its cost. X-Files was a cult show in the beginning before it became a bonafide hit. Meaning it had low ratings but was higher than their other shows and costed less to produce.

Continuing in the OT meanderings...

One of the main reasons for SAAB never really finding an audience, at least one large enough justify renewal, is that it was constantly preempted and shown at odd hours; there was never any consistency to its schedule where I live, and I assume that was the case in every other market...you'd tune in to the show and be presented, instead, with a basketball or football game, or some TV special; often, an episode would not be shown at all until, maybe, the following week. Many would-be fans just gave up. A real shame; that was a great show well grounded in a realistic military atmosphere. Another tidbit that pissed may fans off was that the Sci-Fi Channel, I think, offered to pick up the series after its cancellation, but for whatever reason Fox decided not to sell it, and instead let it die an unjustified (in a fan's eyes) premature death.

Now back to the topic...

One of the main reasons for SAAB never really finding an audience, at least one large enough justify renewal, is that it was constantly preempted and shown at odd hours; there was never any consistency to its schedule where I live, and I assume that was the case in every other market...you'd tune in to the show and be presented, instead, with a basketball or football game, or some TV special; often, an episode would not be shown at all until, maybe, the following week. Many would-be fans just gave up. A real shame; that was a great show well grounded in a realistic military atmosphere. Another tidbit that pissed may fans off was that the Sci-Fi Channel, I think, offered to pick up the series after its cancellation, but for whatever reason Fox decided not to sell it, and instead let it die an unjustified (in a fan's eyes) premature death.

Now back to the topic...

Petty similar to what happened with Futurama. I don't know why Fox tries to use Sunday 7-8 as a timeslot for prime time shows!? Then the rest of the week they really don't have a full schedule when these pre-emted shows could be shown.

Chris

Now back to the topic...

While I never saw SAAB, I've heard that that show somehow wasn't liked by one of the execs up there for some reason...not sure if it was some grudge against one of the creators, or producers, but that's also the reason the show hasn't been sold for syndication, or released on DVD yet. This was rumor of course, but with Fox, I wouldn't doubt it.

They do treat shows like bastard children, even the ones that do well for them. Thank goodness this show isn't a Fox show...it'd probably do well, it'd fit into the Fox "look" for their promos (how they like to push their shows with "sexy" people with their hair blowing in slow motion in blue...they'd have a field day with Tricia Helfer), and then they'd kill it for a reality show featuring 2 geezers trying to score with lesbian bar maids or something. :D

End Fox Rant.

Does Fox even show anything other than American Idol? I quit watching any Fox shows along time ago. I don't remember that mech about SAAB except that after watching the last episode I knew it wasn't coming back. That really sucked.

Now about those Cylon's wanting babies. You guys keep talking about Six and Boomer wanting to get knocked up. Did I miss something? How can robots have babies? :unsure:

Now about those Cylon's wanting babies. You guys keep talking about Six and Boomer wanting to get knocked up. Did I miss something? How can robots have babies? :unsure:

The Cylons have become organic (or techno-organic). Boomer and Six are almost entirely organic, and I suppose capable of bearing children.

The Cylons have become organic (or techno-organic). Boomer and Six are almost entirely organic, and I suppose capable of bearing children.

I'm not 100% down with this aspect of the story. Personally, I don't like the Six character. I find her wholely unattractive and out of place. Everytime she is on the screen I wish she would just go away. I understand the Terminator aspect they are going for here, you never know who is real. I'm just not satisfied with the people chosen for the roles of these new Cylons.

And these new CGI Cylons... I'm sorry, but they are just nowhere near as cool as having some chrome and goldie Cylons trudging about.

Well, I watched the 1st 3 episodes & bits of the 4th one. It is better than the Mini was. But, it still does not receive the "Chris Miller Seal of Approval". Overall, I find it a little better written than Andromeda. A little less boring than Enterprise. And no where near as good as Farscape & Babylon 5 (& Crusade).

The spaceship SFX are Top notch for a TV series. Unfortunately that is the only thing I can appreciate about it. They made enough changes to this show from the original, that they should have made just a few more so that it could stand on it's own without the BSG name.

And these new CGI Cylons... I'm sorry, but they are just nowhere near as cool as having some chrome and goldie Cylons trudging about.

I agree. Certainly they could have newer, more menacing & more realistic looking Cylons that still retained elements of the classic design. These Cylons look like Trade Federation rejects. I still think that they should at least have had the Cylons of the new series be the creation of the reptilian Cylon race like in TOS. I think fans of TOS would have been more receptive to a remake, as long as the general elements & story plots were used, as well as the original cast when possible & appropriate.

Just remember boys & girls, the same network that axed TOS now owns SciFi.

Also, is just me, or does Six look alot like the blonde replicant for the Batman Animated series episode "Heart Of Steel Part 1 & 2". I wonder if HARDAC is the god for which Six keeps refering to? :D

Edited by Mechwolf

They do treat shows like bastard children, even the ones that do well for them.  Thank goodness this show isn't a Fox show...it'd probably do well, it'd fit into the Fox "look" for their promos (how they like to push their shows with "sexy" people with their hair blowing in slow motion in blue...they'd have a field day with Tricia Helfer), and then they'd kill it for a reality show featuring 2 geezers trying to score with lesbian bar maids or something. :D 

End Fox Rant.

Fox does not necessarily treat their money making shows well. Look at the history and especially the final season for Married with Children, which helped establish Fox as a network. <_<

Information on the Production of Married with Children

I managed to catch last Friday's episode last night. The Captain rocks. I love how he told the security lady she was done and kicked the inquisition panel off his ship. You don't tell this guy what to do on his own ship.'

I'm liking it so far. I missed some of the early episodes, so I guess I'll try to find a bittorrent online. This is one show I think I'll buy the boxsets of.

Edited by Anubis

While I never saw SAAB, I've heard that that show somehow wasn't liked by one of the execs up there for some reason...not sure if it was some grudge against one of the creators, or producers, but that's also the reason the show hasn't been sold for syndication, or released on DVD yet.  This was rumor of course, but with Fox, I wouldn't doubt it.

Given the way that the show was constantly punted from it schedualed slot, that rumor does sound plausible, and goes a long way in explaining why it was so ignominiously cancelled.

I agree. Certainly they could have newer, more menacing & more realistic looking Cylons that still retained elements of the classic design. These Cylons look like Trade Federation rejects.

I tend to agree with this assessment also; while the new designs are cool and all, they lack a certain aesthetic appeal that the old centurion costumes had in spades. However, relying too much on the originals could be a double edged sword; a lot of the people that complained that the new show does not follow the old template enough would bitch that the original was being ripped off and that the new incarnation had no individual creative design.

In the end, as long as the characters, stories, acting, and directing are as good, and continue to be, as the show has proven it is, and the SFX are commensurate with the rest of the show's quality -- which it is so far, I'll continue to make a point of watching it.

Edited by mechaninac

They do treat shows like bastard children, even the ones that do well for them.  Thank goodness this show isn't a Fox show...it'd probably do well, it'd fit into the Fox "look" for their promos (how they like to push their shows with "sexy" people with their hair blowing in slow motion in blue...they'd have a field day with Tricia Helfer), and then they'd kill it for a reality show featuring 2 geezers trying to score with lesbian bar maids or something. :D 

End Fox Rant.

Fox does not necessarily treat their money making shows well. Look at the history and especially the final season for Married with Children, which helped establish Fox as a network. <_<

Yes, they bit the hand that was feeding them then. And they've done it ever since.

End Fox Rant.

Yes, they bit the hand that was feeding them then. And they've done it ever since.

They didn't just bite. They sunk their fangs in and ripped out flesh, bones, and tendons. And they've been doing it ever since.

For those of you who didnt know Grace Park is featured in this months Maxim Page 114 Exo you can stop drooling now :lol:

*runs out to the magazine stands witha trail of drool!*

thanks Smegma! :lol:

Actually I don't see her as the Maxim type girl... I'm all for the flight suit and the gun toting Boomer.

I've seen her in person though, very pretty.

Edited by >EXO<

Damn, some of you guys have pretty high standards.......

She's still cute... just not planning on buying Maxim anytime soon... :p

Back on track...

which episode did they air on SCI-FI last night?

Edited by >EXO<