BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

Article from the Hollywood North Report:

Battlestar Galactica Renewed For Season Two

SCI FI orders minimum 13 episodes of the smash series!

February 9th 2005 05:28pm | Posted by: Robert Falconer HNR Senior Editor

The ascending ratings made it a practical inevitability; steadily increasing with each episode, Battlestar Galactica has quickly distinguished itself as the new standard for television science fiction. The most recent episode, “You Can't Go Home Again,” scored the series’ best ratings yet, with 3.2 million viewers.

Sources for HNR tell us that the major cast members—including Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell—are contracted to return, though additional casting details were still being ironed out at the time of the official announcement. We can also tell you that SCI FI Channel has committed to 13 episodes, and is actually considering a 20 episode order!

Information has not yet been released regarding premiere dates, nor is there any word yet as to whether Britain’s Sky One Channel will be involved in co-financing a second season.

With the network’s announcement comes much anticipation for where the series will go next creatively. Galactica canon is rich with possibilities, to be sure, but creator/executive producer Ronald D. Moore first hopes to resolve the multiple cliffhangers that will end season one, as well as delve deeper into the show's religious themes, including a look inside Cylon society.

Once production dates are announced, we’ll let you know.

20 Episodes a possibility...

I dont understand why everyone likes this new BSG. I think it is ok if it was spinoff or offshoot but taking a series and just remaking it? I dunno. Remaking any series or doing movies doesnt sit well with me. Maybe if it was based on the old BSG with different characters I can live with it. I am not saying the old BSG is the greatest but it made an impression nonetheless which is why I cant stand butch "Starbuckette" and "Boomerette". Boomer I can stand because she is cute but I am still having a hard time clashing the black guy and the Korean chick are the same character. :ph34r:

spoiler.

BOOMER IS A KOREAN CYLON SLEEPER? What the heck is going on?

I haven't had time to watch this show till recently, and I watched the episode where "boomer" blew up the water tanks. And apparently for no reason a clone of her is fooling around on Capricorn with a dude, which has no strategic reasoning behind it - just off the guy and go your way!

I dont understand why everyone likes this new BSG.  I think it is ok if it was spinoff or offshoot but taking a series and just remaking it?  I dunno.  Remaking any series or doing movies doesnt sit well with me.  Maybe if it was based on the old BSG with different characters I can live with it.  I am not saying the old BSG is the greatest but it made an impression nonetheless which is why I cant stand  butch "Starbuckette" and "Boomerette".  Boomer I can stand because she is cute but I am still having a hard time clashing the black guy and the Korean chick are the same character.  :ph34r:

spoiler.

BOOMER IS A KOREAN CYLON SLEEPER? What the heck is going on?

I haven't had time to watch this show till recently, and I watched the episode where "boomer" blew up the water tanks. And apparently for no reason a clone of her is fooling around on Capricorn with a dude, which has no strategic reasoning behind it - just off the guy and go your way!

She's not Korean... she's Trojan but her parts were made by Black and Decker.

Semi-Spoiler

And her mission on Caprica maybe the most integral Cylon mission ever.

Grace Park isn't Korean is she?

And apparently for no reason a clone of her is fooling around on Capricorn with a dude, which has no strategic reasoning behind it - just off the guy and go your way!

I don't understand why it is so hard for people to just wait and see WHY! Too many people need everything to be wrapped up and spelled out for them immediately. I guess that would be TV's fault since that's how it's been for so long.

I for one think it's refreshing to see things slowly unravel over an extended story arc. Be patient!! Sheesh! ;)

Chris

And apparently for no reason a clone of her is fooling around on Capricorn with a dude, which has no strategic reasoning behind it - just off the guy and go your way!

I don't understand why it is so hard for people to just wait and see WHY! Too many people need everything to be wrapped up and spelled out for them immediately. I guess that would be TV's fault since that's how it's been for so long.

I for one think it's refreshing to see things slowly unravel over an extended story arc. Be patient!! Sheesh! ;)

Chris

Exactly! There is a reason for it. I think the reason is that of the Cyclons wanting to mate with humans. Remember they go impatient waiting for the Humans to destroy themselves. So they sneak attack. And the whole point is to have humanity in its despair that they they need to propagate for survival as a species. Hence why they have human looking cylons. Those cylons will then mate with unsuspecting humans. Thus why we have Boomer clone with the stranded pilot. It is all a plan in which boomer is gonna go boom-boom with the stranded pilot.

So to recap: Cylons plan is to make a superior species. To do that they take the advantage of humanity's despair in which the Cylons created.

I'm all confused about the physical nature of cylons. I thought they were androids but the raider in the last episode had guts and not you guys are posing theories about cross-breeding with humans? :unsure:

I also don't uderstand what you guys think Boomer is so hot. She looks like a chipmunk and she's all bumpy to boot. Which bring me to another odd observance, why is the cast so moley? Ick....

Not a problem Godzilla. As for the whole Moley thing, I've not noticed that so much, I think the fact that most of the characters look very human, not all of them are supermodels, the humans anyway, lends more credibility to the series. I work with the navy and let me tell you most of the people I work with not be featured on the covers of Vogue or GQ any time soon.

Not a problem Godzilla. As for the whole Moley thing, I've not noticed that so much, I think the fact that most of the characters look very human, not all of them are supermodels, the humans anyway, lends more credibility to the series. I work with the navy and let me tell you most of the people I work with not be featured on the covers of Vogue or GQ any time soon.

If Grace Park worked my shift, I'd be in trouble. Rawr. :lol:

Hey I'm not saying everyone in the navy is homely or anything, heck I've worked with a few FCs that I've had more then a few fantasies about, and one that, well holy shreg she was beyond hot and well i won't go into details.

Hey I'm not saying everyone in the navy is homely or anything, heck I've worked with a few FCs that I've had more then a few fantasies about, and one that, well holy shreg she was beyond hot and well i won't go into details.

I know what you're saying the hotties tend to be seen in Air Force blues or Navy whites, I've seen a few good lookin' Marines and I saw my first attractive Soldier last Friday at MEPS.

I think I found out why the Cylons are following Helo and why they set Sharon up with him. Now this isn't a spoiler; it's something I'm feeling. The Cylons want Sharon to conceive a baby with Helo. Number Six said she wanted a child with Baltar. They're setting up situations so that Helo would fall in love with her.

Yeah she is.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0661825/

6 March 1979

Seoul, South Korea

Hmmm....not that much younger then me....she's fair game! :p:D:lol::D:p:D:lol:

Romeo Must Die (2000) .... Asian Dancer

hmmm... must rent....

Supposedly she has a "wardrobe malfunction". Third hand info but what the hey if it keeps you entertained.... :lol::lol:

Yeah she is.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0661825/

6 March 1979

Seoul, South Korea

Hmmm....not that much younger then me....she's fair game! :p:D:lol::D:p:D:lol:

Romeo Must Die (2000) .... Asian Dancer

hmmm... must rent....

Supposedly she has a "wardrobe malfunction". Third hand info but what the hey if it keeps you entertained.... :lol::lol:

I have that movie...it's not her that shows off the nipple..it's the girl she dances with.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Some a-hole just revealed a major spoiler to me,with no warning and in a thread topic that shouldn't have had any spoilers! For those who visit Galactica.tv forums beware of the topic "variety confirms entire cast returns" the first post isn't bad and contains good info about ratings and such. Then Mr. a-hole chimes in in the SECOND post and hits me and anyone else who hasn't seen the entire series yet with what I assume is a major event!!!!! So for anyone who visits that site BEWARE!!!!!!

For those who have seen the series already I just want to know how screwed I am and if there any other suprises I might still enjoy. I'll leave out specifics so it shouldn't ruin anything for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but those who have should know what I'm talking about.)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The jerk said that he knew that after being BLANKED in the BLANK, BLANK. That BLANK wasn't BLANK!!!

End Spoiler

End Spoiler

End Spoiler

End Spoiler

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I don't think it'll screw you over much knowing that bit of info. It was a complete surprise, but that's partially because it came right out of left field with little logic behind why it exactly happened.

There are still some surprises for anyone who's on the American schedule of BSG. The one you mention is the most shocking, but there's a lot of interesting and somewhat surprising character developments. Frankly, though, to me as the series progressed it was less about the surprises and cool things as just enjoying the ride.

I don't think it'll screw you over much knowing that bit of info. It was a complete surprise, but that's partially because it came right out of left field with little logic behind why it exactly happened.

There are still some surprises for anyone who's on the American schedule of BSG. The one you mention is the most shocking, but there's a lot of interesting and somewhat surprising character developments. Frankly, though, to me as the series progressed it was less about the surprises and cool things as just enjoying the ride.

Thanks Southpaw! :D

Chris