BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

You are correct sir, I agree whole-heartedly!  Now adding Claudia Black to that show would be pure genius! B))

Twich

328584[/snapback]

MMM Claudia Black, how about Claudia Black as Athena, then we could get a catfight between her and Starbuck. Oh that would be sweet.

Another good episode, the sealth Viper is hideous, but really, who cares...

PEGASUS IS COMING!! :ph34r:

329184[/snapback]

I agree, one of the better episodes in a while, IMO.

The Stealth Viper needs a little tweaking, the silver canopy frame has to go. My thinking was that they were going to 'skin' the new Viper with some of the plentiful 'dead' Cylon Raiders they just massacred. I kind of like my idea better... :ph34r: (it'd be neat if they salvaged the Raider's weapons to equip some Vipers too.)

It looked neat and all but was there any reason for the funky Cylon formations?

Good episode....looks like the big G is gonna duke it out with the Peggy next week!!

Pegasus looks larger, more streamlined yet taller, and modern...wonder if it has more advanced Vipers than the MKVII aboard.

Teaser pic from the teaser trailer below...don't click if you don't want to see it.

Battlestar Pegasus

Edited by Gaijin

Pegasus.... the Cylon Battlestar with it's compliment of human toasters and fighters. J/K...

Yeah, you're kidding, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the situation.

Honestly, in the vastness of space, how the hell would another Battlestar just happen to run into the Galactica on its journey to a place that so few people even believe exists? I'm no astrophysicist, and I'm not even sure I spelled that right, but I'm pretty sure the chances are damn slim. The Cylons know where to look; other humans wouldn't have a clue where to begin unless they also had a bible-thumper leading their charge.

If it's not the Cylons themselves, it will probably be the real human crew of the Pegasus, or maybe their clones, under some kind of Cylon mind-control. If the Pegasus crew really are allies, why would the Cylons allow them to find the Galactica? Afterall, it's not a smart move to let your enemy double his firepower. Maybe they've never heard of "divide and conquer"? Regardless, don't expect the crew of the Pegasus to be around very long. If they're bad guys, we'll kill them; if they're good guys, they're just fodder for a Cylon slaughter.

But of course, all this has happened before... and all this will happen again, blah, blah, blah, so the Cylons obviously have some reason to let this reunion occur.

Pegasus.... the Cylon Battlestar with it's compliment of human toasters and fighters. J/K...

Yeah, you're kidding, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the situation.

Honestly, in the vastness of space, ...., blah, blah, blah, so the Cylons obviously have some reason to let this reunion occur.

329258[/snapback]

Dude? You're still watching the show? You'd think after 3 or 4 weeks od misery you'd given up. So you saw it already and they found each other by chance??? Wow. What cable feed do you have?

I'm just a glutton for punishment! LOL!

Actually I did think the last show was pretty good... and Number 6 wasn't even in it! Plenty of CG work, Boomer in bondage, and Dee gettin' hot and sweaty. All good stuff. It's not like I hate the show or anything; it's just predictable and I don't see what others seem to think is so good about it.

The picture of the Pegasus looked strange....like they really didn't want to give you a good look at her...sort of grainy. Not just in that screen cap but in the episode itself. That being said, what I did see I didn't like.

She looks funky, doesn't look streemlined, but kinda short and fat. LOVED this past episode though.

"Kill the bastards!" Loved it PAYBACK BABY!!!

Chris

I wonder how effective the stealth viper really can be against Cylons. Imagine it armed with a nuke against a base star, and if it was truly invisible.

Anyway, this was a good episode, it could be just me, but Tigh is really growing on me as a character. He tells Tyrol about the spare engines, and helps himself out to the booze. It's pretty obvious that he ain't the sharpest knife around, but he is the most loyal. And he far has surpassed the original Tigh in terms of just development and characterization.

The episode was relly good in terms of just some nice character development, Helo, Tyrol got a good lion share of character development time. Then of course, all the other characters got pushed.

No naked Six... I'm sad. :( Unlike a lot of people here, I like naked Six.

But bondage Boomer almost made up for it. I like the idea of shoving a fiber optic cable up her arm, a ewwww moment, but nice and effective. I wonder at what scale her electronic parts become visible.

Hmmm, I wonder if the original Cain had a daughter, if this one will have a son. Rival of Apollo, ha ha ha ha.

Hahahahaha! Boxy! (sp?) I was wondering if eventually he (or as the case may be, she) might enter into the story.

So many tips of the hat, I just love it. I was a huge fan of the original series, so anytime the new one makes tribute to it, I can't help but smile. :D

Hahahahaha! Boxy! (sp?) I was wondering if eventually he (or as the case may be, she) might enter into the story.

So many tips of the hat, I just love it. I was a huge fan of the original series, so anytime the new one makes tribute to it, I can't help but smile.  :D

329360[/snapback]

Wasn't Boxy in the miniseries, they save him from Caprica, right?

Interesting episode, building an entire fighter from scratch is an interesting concept, but unless the Chief already had the designs laying around then there is no way he could have built it that quickly. I really didn't care much for the design either, though I have to admit it definitely looked homebuilt and designed. I was actually glad to see how much trouble even starbuck had in flying it, thr flight controls in that thing will have to be seriously tweaked. Also do we have any good shots of the rear, or can we even see any weapons on there? Those two bits in the nose look too small to be guns, every other craft has larger guns. So what will be usefulness of this craft beyond the moral boost, recon, stealth interdiction, quick interception?

Also if you are short on resources and you have the wreckage of a hundred+ cylon craft, why not go out and retrieve some of it? I think it would have been much more interesting to see something along the line of an Ugly. The chief patching together the remains of a few scrapped vipers and raiders to make something new.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but this episode also was a homage to much earlier BSG episode (The Long Patrol) where StarBuck flied a Recon Viper named C.O.R.A.

329560[/snapback]

This episode has nothing to do with that. Where is the talking computer and the recon mission?

I don't know if anyone noticed, but this episode also was a homage to much earlier BSG episode (The Long Patrol) where StarBuck flied a Recon Viper named C.O.R.A.

329560[/snapback]

This episode has nothing to do with that. Where is the talking computer and the recon mission?

329570[/snapback]

What Starbuck of old and Starbuck of new flew where both experimental fighters.

One built for speed the other stealth.

That particular episode in the broadest sense parralled the original series in terms of making homade fighters.

If you need a talking computer, stick Boomer in as the headless C.H.U.D. ... Computerized Heads Up Display.

BTW.... would the posting for a Stealth Viper be grounds for a ban for the day?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=15678

Edited by Dangaioh

I'd be stunned if they actually allow Roslin to die from her cancer. I have every reason to believe there will be a miraculous cure found either through Cylon technology or Religous gibberish.

If I'm wrong, and I hope I am, BSG will gain great credibiltiy. No Cloning, no miracles, no techno-babble, just let her die. The show's been hammering away at that fact ever since the mini-series, it will strike me as incredibly cheap if they save her. Dare I say, it would be very Star Treky if they pull a last minute miracle cure.

I appreciate a Sci-Fi show that can stick to reality, if a great war is the background of a show, then people should die, including main characters on occaision. Look no further than Macross, Roy and Kakizaki die, thus giving you the feeling that the War they're in is serious and anything might happen, and once someone dies, they stay dead. Very mature for an 80's animated show.

That puts forward that Kakizaki was a main character :)

329658[/snapback]

Wise guy, eh? :D I only mean that he was a character they let you get to know, just so they can kill him off for dramatic effect.

Roy's death is a huge event in Macross, he was the fearless leader, big brother, the guy everyone depended on when the poo hit the fan. Macross would suck had they chickened out and let Roy live.

With Roy and Kakizaki getting killed, it kept you off balance as to what might happen next.

I really hope they can keep that kind of tension for BSG. Roslin needs to buy the farm for the integrity of the show, I might even like her more if it's handled right. She can always return in flashbacks and hallucinations. ;)

Let Adama and 'President'(?) Baltar be the top leaders, that'd make a good adversarial plot.

Speaking of Adama, anyone see him in Wolfen?(1981) Just saw that on cable, it was strange seeing Adma running around NYC naked and howling at the moon... :huh:

From a storypoint though, Roslin does serve as a counterbalance to Adama, and is the 'mother' of the fleet, with Apollo as the dutiful son and Starbuck as the rebellious child. Removing the character is one thing, how to replace her dynamic is another.

She does. It will be hard to fill the "mother" role.

Who should be watching his six is the guy who plays Billy, hes barely in episodes anymore and if Roslin goes and his relationship with Dualla filters out, hes expendable as a character. In one of the podcasts, Moore said the actor was filming some pilot show and 'his contract allowed that' Moore didn't sound all that happy, so I'm guessing whether hes avaliable or not, Billy is going to bite it this season.

If you have an actor who's working 2 shows, it's really hard to juggle the schedule. If you want the actor to be in a scene 1 day out of the week, then he has to go do his role in another show the next, it's hard on the actor. They can either have his character disappear for a while then write them back in when they can fit in or kill 'em off. If Moore wants to keep his options open, the best thing to do would be to not kill them off.