BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

A great start to another great season (especially after reading that little spoiler :D ) I really like this show's ability to have characters in many different places, yet to tie them all together. I'm particularly interested in how Starbuck is going to get off Caprica, they stranded her and then completely left me hanging ... Oh well, we just have the rest of the season to look forward to! Did this season air earlier in the UK like the first one did?

Episode 10-ish...hmmmm...could it be the...SPOILER ALERT!

--//--

The Pegasus episode(s).  Admiral Kane's Battlestar will make an appearance this season.  One thing that bugs me a bit is that their keeping with their penchant for substituting memorable male characters with female ones.  Kane will be a woman in this series, played by the same actress that played ensign Ro in TNG.  Having said that, since Starbuck's character worked rather well as female, I have an optimistic view on Kane as the actress they chose (can't remember her name and am to lazy to look it up) is rather good, like the rest of the cast...no wooden performances thus far.

--//--

I can't wait! :D

310644[/snapback]

Michelle Forbes is the name you are thinking of. By the way, the info you posted on this actress is already included on her filmography at the IMDB.

Spoiler: "Battlestar Galactica" playing "Admiral Nelena Cain" in episode: "Resurrection Ship" (episode # 2.11) January 2006

"Battlestar Galactica" playing "Admiral Nelena Cain" in episode: "Pegasus" (episode # 2.10) 16 September 2005

Edited by Noriko Takaya

A great start to another great season (especially after reading that little spoiler  :D ) I really like this show's ability to have characters in many different places, yet to tie them all together. I'm particularly interested in how Starbuck is going to get off Caprica, they stranded her and then completely left me hanging ... Oh well, we just have the rest of the season to look forward to! Did this season air earlier in the UK like the first one did?

311188[/snapback]

Nope, Season 2 starts later there this time but it will run through all 20 instead of taking the break like we will after 10 eps.

Great news! I can't wait. It feels like forever since the last episode.

310454[/snapback]

Seriously. I was fortunate in that I didn't see ANY episode until the Sci-Fi channel aired their 'Galactica marathon a couple of weeks ago. Considering how great this series is and the dramatic season finale, I'm glad I didn't have to wait like everyone else had to...

The newest episode was pretty good, although I can't buy the idea of experienced soldiers not investigating the crash of that cylon craft in the hangar bay!

Oh well, still exciting and I can't wait for next week! :D

Well, don't people on the east coast see it before the rest of us here on the west?

My childhood has been raped! Nah I'm just kidding-even without seeing the show it's kinda' obvious what's going to happen...

Anyways, I really HATE cliffhanger follow-ups for the obvious reasons: they leave more questions than they actually resolve. I especially feel bad for any fans that have waited as long as they have for this particular episode to debut; I just got into this series a few weeks ago....

I long for the days of "The Best of Both Worlds 1 and 2," where the second part was actually anti-climatic but at least put any and all issues to rest...

Whaddya all think about the episode? I wish Colonel Tigh (sp?) had brutalized Boomer a little more-I love the grittiness of 'Galactica...

-Is it me, or does the Viper Mark 7 share a semblance with the Vic Viper from Gradius?

mark7-41-mod1.jpg

vic_viper_snes_2.gif

Ah frak, nevermind...

Edited by myk

The newest episode was pretty good, although I can't buy the idea of experienced soldiers not investigating the crash of that cylon craft in the hangar bay! 

Oh well, still exciting and I can't wait for next week!  :D

311227[/snapback]

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Next epsiode better start off with Apollo leading a search party or they'll look like serious dolts... :D

Anyways, I really HATE cliffhanger follow-ups for the obvious reasons: they leave more questions than they actually resolve.  I especially feel bad for any fans that have waited as long as they have for this particular episode to debut; I just got into this series a few weeks ago....

I long for the days of "The Best of Both Worlds 1 and 2," where the second part was actually anti-climatic but at least put any and all issues to rest...

Go to SCIFI.com and listen to the podcast commentaries by Moore. He explains how he really wants to avoid the pitfalls that he encountered with Star Trek which was how storylines always were conveniently solved and all questions answered in one hour. I get the feeling that Moore felt constrained by all the technobabble and self contained stories of Star Trek and he's going out of his way to make BSG more realistic in its portrayal of human reaction to problems and said problems not always having tidy resolutions. I like it that way.

Well, that was a great episode...well worth the wait...I see Apollo has his MKVII back!  :D

311279[/snapback]

The MK VII ROCKS!!!!! Great episode!!!! what a fantastic start. About the crash on Galactica, since it's been stated already.....I think that Flight Pod isn't in use already anyway and maybe DC parties where needed elsewhere for more pressing matters. After all Apollo reported no fires or venting of air. But yes they should check out the crash soon.

Chris

That should have been there first reaction after standing down from the jump is to check the flight pod. (Sorry to military minded for my own good) But I have to admit that Clyon boarding pob really dose look awsome.

Maybe I missed it if they did it in the show before... but...

The way the Cylon fighters emerged from the Basestar's arms was awesome. Even creeped me out a bit... They really did a good job of making these cylons look menacing. :ph34r:

Edited by haro genki

I have to admit I love the way the new Cylon fighters look.

The way Starbuck got in one a few shows back would defenitly explain that the ship are built and then the "mind/pilot" is parcially grown in the ship it self. or just the organic structure of it and the "conscience" is download as Boomer stated into them for a another Cylon.

Great catch! The mew boarding craft looks alot like Nogano's tanks from Five Star Stories. I always loved those things. Anyhoo;

Here is that buildup finnished. It's great to actually finnish something for a change.

I printed out the name plates on white decal paper with a color field approximating the color of the model. I Then went back with paint and blended them in a little better. I am going to see about the dry transfers I like. I think they might be difficult for this model.

This was a blast after I got the pattern done.

http://home.comcast.net/~cobywan/Images/Ga..._buildup_06.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~cobywan/Images/Ga..._buildup_07.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~cobywan/Images/Ga..._buildup_08.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~cobywan/Images/Ga..._buildup_09.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~cobywan/Images/Ga..._buildup_10.jpg

And the ship got more than just walking Cylons:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2165/firewall30ru.jpg

311440[/snapback]

Heeeey... taking a wild guess here; but maybe that's why they didn't send anyone in to investigate. They may have ran a scan of the hangar and saw nothing (as a result of the hack) and figured not use resources (spacesuits and grav boots, etc) to check it out themselves.

Just wild speculation :lol:

And the ship got more than just walking Cylons:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2165/firewall30ru.jpg

311440[/snapback]

Heeeey... taking a wild guess here; but maybe that's why they didn't send anyone in to investigate. They may have ran a scan of the hangar and saw nothing (as a result of the hack) and figured not use resources (spacesuits and grav boots, etc) to check it out themselves.

Just wild speculation :lol:

311563[/snapback]

Could be. I'm thinking that since that flight pod is basically unused, and they are fighting with the fires and what not form the fight, the crash there was considered "low priority". I remember reading somwehere that they had actually de-pressurized that pod and thus, they'd have to suit up to go in there now. Can't recall where I heard or read that...might have been on Moore's podcast for the episode. Of course, I'm sure we'll all see the results of that next week...maybe the party that goes checking(just because it's not in this episode doesn't mean they won't do it) gets gunned down by a troop of Centurions

I just don't get the "networked" versus "non-networked" computer systems ideology. A computer is a computer is a computer-doesn't matter if it's in a network or not. Based on how the Cylons were able to transmit their virus and disable fleets of Colonial vessels, I would think that they would be able to spread their program one system at a time, if need be, network be damned.

I just don't get the "networked" versus "non-networked" computer systems ideology.  A computer is a computer is a computer-doesn't matter if it's in a network or not.  Based on how the Cylons were able to transmit their virus and disable fleets of Colonial vessels, I would think that they would be able to spread their program one system at a time, if need be, network be damned.

311721[/snapback]

Well, in the mini, it was established that the newer ships being all networked and loaded with Gaius' program enabled the Cylons to simply say, "Hi, we're home, shut down!". They can't transmit something to those ships that can't receive it (in the BSG world).

The Galactica and the older Vipers were "on their own so to speak and the Cylons had no way to "communicate with the computers on those ships".

That said, it's still a bit of techno babble albeit very minor.

What a great season opener that was.

SG1 was only slightly better than ordinary, even with the addition of Ben Browder that show is beginning to get a little long in the tooth. Atlantis was pretty good, nothing spectacular, but very entertaining; although derivative, it works rather well and is mostly solid.

Now BSG just blew me away, from the wrapping up and further confounding of the Helo/Boomer/Starbuck situation on Caprica, the drama surrounding Adama's injuries, Tigh's inner conflicts, the whole "fracked" jump and following resolution (with a few minor quibbles that have already been alluded to), the flashback scenes, to the special effects, specially how the Base Star just disgorges the Raiders from its arms...it looked like a hornet's nest just let loose. There was so much going on that it could have bordered on sensory overload to keep track of it all, but the episode was so well written, acted, shot, and edited that everything just flows together and, instead of leaving you overwhelmed, it just made you hunger for more and say to yourself: "it's over already???"

At the risk of going into complete fanboy hyperbole, this IS the best show in this genre on TV today, and perhaps the best ever...only B5 even got close. Hooray to Ron Moore and the Sci-Fi channel for breaking away from the tired old Star Trek template and giving us fans something truly special.

What a great season opener that was.

SG1 was only slightly better than ordinary, even with the addition of Ben Browder that show is beginning to get a little long in the tooth.  Atlantis was pretty good, nothing spectacular, but very entertaining; although derivative, it works rather well and is mostly solid.

Now BSG just blew me away, from the wrapping up and further confounding of the Helo/Boomer/Starbuck situation on Caprica, the drama surrounding Adama's injuries, Tigh's inner conflicts, the whole "fracked" jump and following resolution (with a few minor quibbles that have already been alluded to), the flashback scenes, to the special effects, specially how the Base Star just disgorges the Raiders from its arms...it looked like a hornet's nest just let loose.  There was so much going on that it could have bordered on sensory overload to keep track of it all, but the episode was so well written, acted, shot, and edited that everything just flows together and, instead of leaving you overwhelmed, it just made you hunger for more and say to yourself: "it's over already???"

At the risk of going into complete fanboy hyperbole, this IS the best show in this genre on TV today, and perhaps the best ever...only B5 even got close.  Hooray to Ron Moore and the Sci-Fi channel for breaking away from the tired old Star Trek template and giving us fans something truly special.

311751[/snapback]

Here Here!!

Chris

First thing that went through my head during the battle was "hey it's a mobile armor!" :lol::lol:

Then when it crashed into the ship I figured it was a troop hauler.

Awesome episode. They really are doing a great job with this show.