RIP Kazutaka Miyatake's Wife

The 60 year old Tomoko Miyatake died this after their house caught fire. Kazutaka himself was hospitalized for smoke inhalation but was able to escape the fire. A Studio Nue co-founder, Miyatake has done mechanical designs for a number of anime, including our own beloved Macross.

Edited by mikeszekely
Spelling errors

• mikeszekely changed the title to RIP Kazutaka Miyatake's Wife

I'm glad that Miyatake-san is ok, but the loss of both his wife and home is profound. Along with the support of his many fans, I hope he has strong support from his family and friends. That's a lot of loss all at once. My heart goes out to him.

• 5 months later...

I was not able to make the connection until today, but his wife was an artist under the name "L. Cat." !!!!
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/宮武一貴

https://100lightyear.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2017/07/10/140236

妻は「L.CAt。」(エルキャット)名義で活動していた同人作家で、雑誌「COMIC NOIZY」(1988-1989年)に宮武と連名でイラスト小説『アドバンスト・アプラサス』を連載したこともある。

His wife was a coterie writer who was active under the name of "L.CAt.", And also serialized the illustration novel "Advanced Apprasus" in the magazine "COMIC NOIZY" (1988-1989) under the joint name of Miyatake. be.

I've ALWAYS wondered who this talented artist was, I absolutely loved her work!!! I'm simply blown away it was her.
She was responsible for most of my favorite art pieces in the back of the books!

Here are some of of the famous drawings you are all very aware of.  :)

lcato04.png

lcato05.png

lcato06.png

lcato07.png

lcato08.png

sky_angels.png

lcato01.png

lcato02.jpg

lcato02.png

lcato03.jpg

lcato03.png

lcato04.jpg

I can't believe it took me almost 40 years to figure out the connection.
I've always asked around but no one seemed to know who the artist was. 

I've especially loved this illustration. Just awesome talent.
image.png.955c70399e3bf24775d5544c634601b9.png

• azrael locked this topic