Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

That was what I was afraid of for the Bin/Alt Decepticons... Damn. This is one of the biggest cop-outs Hasbro has ever pulled. No way in hell am I buying the Decepticons. Oh well, it's still the bestest TF line ever. :lol:

That is such a damned cop out on their part. Even if they all were going to be cars, at least use different damned vehicles for the Decepticons (for instance a Hummer, Dodge Ram, and others as for Decepticons). Sucks <_< I will be buying less Alternators than I thought.

Well, Takara and Hasbro have been good about matching names to vehicles (as far as they can, anyway), so I'll bet that the upcoming Decepticons were already cars and such in their G1 forms. Hound becomes Swindle, and everyone else becomes the Stunticons and such.

Well, Takara and Hasbro have been good about matching names to vehicles (as far as they can, anyway), so I'll bet that the upcoming Decepticons were already cars and such in their G1 forms. Hound becomes Swindle, and everyone else becomes the Stunticons and such.

yeah, but its still lame. they tried it on one of the post G1, pre beast wars lines. megatron and soundwave as cars, and the whole line a repaint of 4 molds. not cool, especially since your average decepticon colors are not your standard auto colors, unless they've recently started making purple Impreza's.

Got my Sideswipe today. Nice car mode, and nice bot mode. However, as David pointed out, the instructions are badly flawed, and several important bits (like folding the steering wheel) are missing. Japanese instructions can be found (thankfully) at http://www.bwtf.com under the Binaltech link.

I might just consider the alternate transformation that people have put forth...

YEEEEESSSS !!!! :lol::lol:

doesn't Ford own mazda?

~Tico

Yes, they do. It's possible that their logo is there because of Mazda, but I really don't know.

Is anyone else pretty much convinced that Tracks is going to be yellow? It's alright I guess. Actually I'm still undecided on Tracks. He looks good from some angles, but from others he looks like a mess. People thought it looked bad for Sideswipe to have the hood hanging off his backside...well, Tracks has the whole front section of the car hanging off his. Too much kibble. This may be the first Bin/Alt where I get the Hasbro version.

Is anyone else pretty much convinced that Tracks is going to be yellow? It's alright I guess. Actually I'm still undecided on Tracks. He looks good from some angles, but from others he looks like a mess. People thought it looked bad for Sideswipe to have the hood hanging off his backside...well, Tracks has the whole front section of the car hanging off his. Too much kibble. This may be the first Bin/Alt where I get the Hasbro version.

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing. I think i'll just buy the hasbro version of this one or maybe i won't buy it at all. The color bothers me and it looks too much like an energon or rid. I like the blockiness of the G1 TFs and this one has none of that. It just looks like a robot wearing a shell or a costume of a car.

Is this bothering anyone else?

~Tico

I'm thinking I prefer the original tracks. For one thing I always preferred those 70s style Vets to any that have come since. I still need to pick up Smokescreen. I'm tempted to get a Streak when he comes out, just to paint the sides blue, and put a big ol' Autobot symbol on his hood. ;)

I just wonder if they'll be making an Alternators Sunstreak.

No no no, Sunstreaker should be yellow, not Tracks :( . Navy Blue corvette. I guess they wanted a different color since Smokescreen is already blue.

I do like the layout of his bot mode though.

Edited by Anubis

No no no, Sunstreaker should be yellow, not Tracks :( .  Navy Blue corvette.  I guess they wanted a different color since Smokescreen is already blue.

I do like the layout of his bot mode though.

I just checked out the Corvette website and it appears that they're not available in blue. :(

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/

Yeah, you're right. Only the commerative edition is blue. There's no blue option on any other model.

What's up with that? :blink:

I thought that Ford had already signed on by agreeing on doing the mazda alternator... doesn't Ford own mazda?

Yes, Ford is Mazda'a parent company.

It's possible that their (Ford's) logo is there because of Mazda, but I really don't know.

Nope! Look again at the signs on the display. Both Mazda *and* Ford monikers are featured prominently and distinctively. So perhaps licensing issues are handled seperately between the two brands. I am just relieved that we will be seeing Ford vehicles in the Binaltech/Alternators line. Now I just have to hope that one of those vehicles will be a Ford mustang! :)

Too bad VW doesn't sign the deal to allow their vechicles turned into a transformer.

I wonder what's wrong with the mind of VW's executives. Autobots are peace-like machine who are scientist and engineer, doesn't it fit their image perfectly? I guess we just have to wait 30 more years, until the generation who watched transformer finally become VW's executives, then we may see our beloved autobot in Porsche or Beetle.

Ford owns Volvo, I wonder will they even think about making a Volvo transformer?

Wow.. that clear plastic on Tracks REALLY makes it look like a cheap energon toy or unpainted proto. It NEEDS blue. That yellow's just. ugh.

Blue, Grey, Black, something, just not YELLOW :huh:

I agree: ugh.