Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

I can't believe he made that from scratch...and out of styrene! Really makes me ache for a real WW line someday.

It's also cool that he made it for himself and has no plans to sell it or auction it, even though he could probably get a mint for it.

wow that scratch built prime is awesome. I wonder why they changed windchargers name to overdrive , I to have thought it was overdrive at first .maybe they also thought it looked like him

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

wow that scratch built prime is awesome. I wonder why they changed windchargers name to overdrive , I to have thought it was overdrive at first .maybe they also thought it looked like him

chris

It is being said in some Transformers forums that it will be Overdrive in Japan and Hasbro will be naming it Windcharger :unsure:

wow that scratch built prime is awesome. I wonder why they changed windchargers  name to overdrive , I to have thought it was overdrive at first .maybe they also thought it looked like him

chris

It is being said in some Transformers forums that it will be Overdrive in Japan and Hasbro will be naming it Windcharger :unsure:

ugh...... <_<

wow that scratch built prime is awesome. I wonder why they changed windchargers  name to overdrive , I to have thought it was overdrive at first .maybe they also thought it looked like him

chris

ugh...... <_<

I thought the same...

I just got my BT Meister and must say that i'm a little dissapointed... quality of the previous BTs have been flawess but this guy... well, i got the white version and all the parts are like different shades of white... and one arms keeps on poping off :(

Anyone else having these "problems"? Does the red version have these problems as well?

On the other hand, the design is AMAZING... the whole legs bisuness is simply a marvel of mechanical engineering. The feet look so much like G1 Cartoons that is just ridiculous!!

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001

are you talking about alternators ,mustang grimlock, or the energon T-Rex Grimlock?

Alternators :D well, not the final product.

I have not tried to transform it yet, but let me know if you want to see any special angle of it

PICS PLEASE!!! :o

EVERY ANGLE!!! :lol:

I just got my BT Meister and must say that i'm a little dissapointed... quality of the previous BTs have been flawess but this guy... well, i got the white version and all the parts are like different shades of white... and one arms keeps on poping off :(

Anyone else having these "problems"? Does the red version have these problems as well?

Yeap....my red one has the right hand popping off problem, and its abit loose so it doesn't hold the gun properly. :angry: But i fixed that with a little dab of bluetak on the sides of the joint.

The Red on mine looks alright though.

Another potential problem which I'm not sure if its in all the Red BTs are, the hood doesn't go in all the way into the front. It pops out by a little and there's a little space in between the hood and the engine compartment. It bugs me just a little.

I think the arm popped off of my white Alt Meister once, back when I first got it, and has not done so since, despite the fact that Meister is the Alternator I most often take off the shelf to play with.

I think the white of the doors is a little off from the white of the rest of him. Reminds me of the original Jazz toy, where the plastic white doors looked off compared to the metal white body.

As for Ravage and Grimlock, well, Grimlock looks sweet as all get out, but I can understand why people would be upset at him no longer being a Dinobot. Ravage on the other hand, he looks pretty lame. If I do pick him up, it will be simply to complete the set, but if there's any Alternators I'm likely not to get, Ravage is it.

I have not tried to transform it yet, but let me know if you want to see any special angle of it

Sorry TICO, I tried to transform it but it was very complex to me. :wacko:

Mine is like this:

http://www.tfans.com/index.php?showtopic=11655&st=0

Hope those photos be clear enough to give you a picture of it.

A little additional note: Seems CYBERTRONIAN tire marks will be removed from this binaltech, such as the BT-07s :blink:

post-26-1098853767_thumb.jpg

My Alternator Silverstreak doesn't have the Cybertronian Radial stamped on the tires, is it possible they are not putting it to some cars?

Edited to add:

I guess they are using tires still from the first Binaltech/alternator, it is odd...

Edited by RichterX

My Alternator Silverstreak doesn't have the Cybertronian Radial stamped on the tires, is it possible they are not putting it to some cars?

Edited to add:

I guess they are using tires still from the first Binaltech/alternator, it is odd...

Both mustang and impreza tires are different. Mustang ones are bigger and have a disctinct pattern. :blink:

By the way, notice how frontal tires are not linked with an external axe, but through arms. very smart...

post-26-1098893398_thumb.jpg

Well, if a mustang has the sime sized rims as the impreza, there's no real need for new rubber. Hoever, those dont; look like the impreza tyres to me. Could you post a shot of the tyre tread, Battlepod?

photos are mine RFT

Check how they are different

post-26-1098893737_thumb.jpg

Sorry TICO, I tried to transform it but it was very complex to me. :wacko:

Mine is like this:

http://www.tfans.com/index.php?showtopic=11655&st=0

Hope those photos be clear enough to give you a picture of it.

A little additional note: Seems CYBERTRONIAN tire marks will be removed from this binaltech, such as the BT-07s :blink:

dood, your car has a ding in it already! hehe. What is that? Is that going to be there on the other ones?

Edited to add:

Both mustang and impreza tires are different. Mustang ones are bigger and have a disctinct pattern. :blink:

By the way, notice how frontal tires are not linked with an external axe, but through arms. very smart...

and oh snap!!! I just noticed it but the sword stores under the car like that!?!?! that's toit!!! :p:D:lol:

I'm sad because I know the version that Hasbro sells over here of the Cybertron/Galaxy Force toys will have reduced features and reduced paintjobs as per what happened in Energon.

That wont make a huge difference to me for one reason: They will come out in Japan 6 months or so before the US, so my impatience will pretty much FORCE me to import the Japanese releases. :ph34r:

It looks like the more innovative transformations compromise the car mode a little. See that huge divider in the rear window and the lack of front wheelwells? I'm not complaining- just pointing out that innovative transformations have a cost.

I can't wait to get this one. It looks like it will be a lot of fun!!

Well, if a mustang has the sime sized rims as the impreza, there's no real need for new rubber. Hoever, those dont; look like the impreza tyres to me. Could you post a shot of the tyre tread, Battlepod?

photos are mine RFT

Check how they are different

Nice pictures, it let us see the level of complexity in Grimlock,

Well I guess probably the reason no Cybertronian radial was used in Silverstreak, Smokescreen and Grimlock was more of a car manufactorer request for given the license than a Takara/Hasbro decision, cause I can't see any other answer.

dood, your car has a ding in it already! hehe. What is that? Is that going to be there on the other ones?

I guess it will... both sides have them. Even are present in the other one.

http://www.tfans.com/uploads/post-26-1097767262.jpg

Im wondering if those will be present in the real mustang... :blink::blink:

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos.yahoo....005_450x225.jpg

http://www.patleck.com/quebecrpm/ford/2005Mustang17.jpg

Would anyone be interested in a recast of the Smokescreen GT cannon? I bought both No1 and No2 and am willing to sacrifice one to make recasts. Cause who wants to pay 90 dollars for two? haha

did you already ask Rohby? What happened?

Would anyone be interested in a recast of the Smokescreen GT cannon? I bought both No1 and No2 and am willing to sacrifice one to make recasts. Cause who wants to pay 90 dollars for two? haha

Ooohh....I might go for a couple of those! B))

as far as I can tell everyone does except Hound. (I dont have tracks yet or Grimlock or meister) however I have seen pics of meister with it on.

Hey that is a good pic. Anyone with tracks, meister, grimlock can you take detailed close up pics of the shoulder area? typically right next to the head.

Dead End and Sideswipe can do it in their default form. It is the little rounded rectangle holes in their shoulders. However with the alternate trunk/chest transformation of Sideswipe, I had to drill a hole (the trunk gets in the way of the regular one)

see my pics

post-26-1098943528_thumb.jpg