Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Damg that is a lot of BTs.

My nickname is : Godzilla 2 :lol::lol::lol:

Ok talked to Rohby and handed him the original cannon. Here is what he pmed me with
Hey Nick, I've decided to cast the cannon as a solid pice. Minus the hindge which ofcourse will be casted seperately and will be fully functionable. The missile will also be casted seperately. I can also offer the custom colors as well since I've recently gotten pretty decent at tinting and color matching.

As for the final price, it'll be in the neighborhood of $7 - $8

This is without the pre-drilled hole. It'll have about a quarter of an inch deep hole off the cast but if the buyers want the missile to be able to fit fully inside of the cannon, they'll have to drill the rest of the hole. It's just too time consuming for me to drill every single one of them. Which I'm sure you can understand.

Anyhow, I can work on this project after I finish the Ghost Project and a smaller project I promised to have done for Alex.

Also, if you can give me a more precise estimate of how many will be needed, that would be great.

-Rohby

So that is what is going to happen. Should we do a poll for cannons?

:blink: Rohby is gonna do recasts of the Smokescreen's cannon?! B))

YEH! Put me down for 3 grey and 2 red cannons please! :D

A useful trick is to take the pictures at 30 or 45 degrees off center. This will avoid the flash glare since it will bounce off in the opposite direction.

What also works is to not use a flash. When you take a picture in low light areas, turn up the exposure settings on the camera and use the self timer. Turn the flash off and use a tripod if possible or something so that the camera will not move. If you dont and try holding the camera, your natural breathing and movement will blur the image. Also depending on the light you may need to change the white balance setting to the type of light available.

Thanks :D . They are all Binaltechs and Masterpiece Convoy by Takara. I work so I can afford collector items for adults :lol:

Nice display! And thanks for wearing clothes while you shot those pics...especially in the last one. :p

next time, I'll be naked :p

People have actually caught their naked reflections in pics that they post on Ebay auctions. I can never tell if it's accidental or "accidental". :blink:

Thanks :D . They are all Binaltechs and Masterpiece Convoy by Takara. I work so I can afford collector items for adults :lol:

Nice display! And thanks for wearing clothes while you shot those pics...especially in the last one. :p

next time, I'll be naked :p

People have actually caught their naked reflections in pics that they post on Ebay auctions. I can never tell if it's accidental or "accidental". :blink:

How about "incidnetal".

<_< So you are you trying to say that Hasbro's product are for lame unemployed, poor kids? <_<

I found your statement very offensive, sir

<_< So you are you trying to say that Hasbro's product are for lame unemployed, poor kids? <_<

What about a poor college guy who has classes that coast 300 apeice and just can't afford them.

:lol:

My alternators and MP Prime are on diplays over my college boy minifridge... due to lack of another display place :p

Those boys will be going back to my country with me and have their final display place in my room when I go back to my parents house for christmas

So I was wondering if I should get the BT Meister or the Alternator Meister. The only thing with getting the BT is I don't want paint chipping off the damn thing after transforming it just a couple of times. Does anybody know if the paint chipping happens like in the smokescreens. Feedback would be appreciated.

Buy the BT Meister ! ;) If you're not awkward, you'll avoid paint chipping :lol:

watch the rear doors.. easy to chip paint there because of the way they open and close.

....Oh yeah did I mention GERWALK MODE!!!!!

Okay how about this... Alternator Hound Gerwalk Mode.

The best Gerwalk is of MP Prime of course if you make it stay in balance...

Those pics of Blue Binaltech Tracks look more purpleish than blue, I guess that Takara just photoshop them instead of taking pictures again.

Those pics of Blue Binaltech Tracks look more purpleish than blue, I guess that Takara just photoshop them instead of taking pictures again.

the gerwalk prime looks like the howitzers from vectorman, and yes its a pain in the ass to balance

Just kidding guys :p. I could have bought Alternators but I love metal that's why I'm keen on the Soul if Chogokin line by Bandai. Unfortunately, despite of a super quality, I wish the 1/48 line by Yamato would have more diecast metal :(

Moreover, I know very well that not only adults collect this awesome Transformers line which gather fans from 7 to 77 years old. And I understand that some people can't afford them for one reason or another. I'm just 29 and I still remember like some of you when I was 14 and found it hard to get my first G1 Transformers Hound and never managed to get the most iconic one G1 Jetfire ... :p

I think Solscud photoshopped them himself, rather than Takara.

TF news -- The new issue of Figure Oh magazine has a feature on Transformers, in particular the new series, Galaxy Force (to the rescue!!).

I don't particularly reccommend it, since it's not personally interesting, but some might be interested in the Kaiyoudo figure included, which is a silver repaint of the Optimus/Matrix bust figure. Why silver? It's made to look like the Radiation-resistant Prime at the end of The Return of Optimus Prime part II, the one with the Hate Plague.

For nostalgia's sake,

Best dialogue

Prime- "Innocent lives are at stake!!"

Rodimus- "No-one is innocent!!"

:)

Ok, sorry if this question has been posed within this 90+ page thread, but its too tedious to search through . . .

Does anyone or can anyone post a pic of an Alternator and a Binaltech side by side? I am considering getting either series but I'd like to weigh the pros and cons of getting one series over the other. Since Alternators are readily available to me, and they are cheaper, is it worth getting them if they don't have diecast? Is the diecast worth it, or is it overrated like in the 1/60's?

Any input much appreciated!

Thx!

Ok, sorry if this question has been posed within this 90+ page thread, but its too tedious to search through . . .

Does anyone or can anyone post a pic of an Alternator and a Binaltech side by side? I am considering getting either series but I'd like to weigh the pros and cons of getting one series over the other. Since Alternators are readily available to me, and they are cheaper, is it worth getting them if they don't have diecast? Is the diecast worth it, or is it overrated like in the 1/60's?

Any input much appreciated!

Thx!

This has been discussed a lot in the past 90 pages - along with tons of other stuff that would take a while to sift through.

I'll try to be unbiased here...

1. BTs are a lot heftier than Alternators. The metal content is fairly significant on many of them.

2. BTs are subject to paint chips if you are not careful - or even if you are careful on some of them.

3. BTs typically have a glossier finish.

4. BTs are a heck of a lot more expensive (at least 2x).

5. Some BTs, such as Bluestreak, have a metalic finish whereas the Alternator is normal plastic. Some Alts, such as Hound and Tracks, use a nice metalic plastic.

6. The metal and plastic colors on some BTs, such as yellow Tracks, do not blend well.

7. Alt Silverstreak is actually painted.

8. BT boxes are a little smaller.

9. BT instructions are in Japanese. Alt instructions are in English.

My personal opinion...

Smokescreen - metallic finish on the BT looks great.

Sideswipe - passed on him.

Silverstreak - painted finish on the Alt looks nice, although it may be dull compared to the BT.

Hound - Alt looks really nice.

Deadend - the BT has a great looking high gloss finish. I think the Alt. has a dull finish like Smokescreen.

Tracks - the metal and plastic colors on the yellow BT do not blend too well. The BT is easy to chip. The metallic plastic on the blue Alt looks nice. The blue BT is supposed to come with the classic hood flames.

Meister - both the BT and the Alt suffer from the body panel colors not blending well. The BT has a pearl finish whereas the alt looks to have the same type of finish as the Alt. Smokescreen and Deadend.

Very nice. also dont forget your minor variances.

BT Meister (red and white versions) and BT Silver streak are Right Hand Drive.

Now there are both Left Hand Driver and Right Hand Driver versions of Alt Silverstreak.

Havent seen a RHD Alt Meister yet. But Im looking.

Red Meister is only available in Japan. Along with Number 7 Smoke Screen with Solberg as the driver. And piggy decals on teh mirrors. The new GT smoke screen 1 & 2 may not come out in the states. They come with a shoulder mounted rocket launcher. Which my and Rohby are in teh process of recasting.

I say pick out the ones that wont come state side in the BT line and get the rest in Alt. Play with Alt collect BT. ther you go.

Thanks for the suggestions. Your writeups provide excellent information for me to start . . .

Its too bad Meister suffers from a bit of funkiness, as this is the primary one I'm interested in. But that aside, I guess I'll just have to get em all (lefthand, righthand, metal, non-metal, ... ) Bah! ;)

In case ppl haven't seen this...

Remy has new pics of Alternator Grimlock!! He looks really good!

Alternator Grimlock @ TFkenkon

~Tico

Heh, i've been anxiously awaiting Remy's photoshoot since he got Grimmy a few days ago, glad to see he finally got it up. With this one I want it so bad that I'll get whichever version I can find first, BT or Alt.