Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Anyone here upset that the trunk/hatch doesnt open in the Corvette? or the Viper

There was no way for the trunk to open and to keep the way they transform

The only way that could work is to have more Smokescrean/Silvertreak/Meister transformation style.

So I am happy with Tracks and Sideswipe

It would be nice if they keep coming up with new transformation styles.

Anyone here upset that the trunk/hatch doesnt open in the Corvette? or the Viper

Not really...

I'm more upset that the Vette's headlights can't pop up.

Otherwise, I LIKE my new Tracks.

I thought the same thing when I first got Tracks

Edited by RichterX

since some of us have been putting up pics of G1 Devastator and SuperLink Devastator, here's a crazy awesome looking resin/diecast Devastator statue prototype for auction on EBAY being talked about over in the TWF2005 forums.

Awesome Devastator Statue

The detailing is just sick!

That is awesome. And perfect.

since some of us have been putting up pics of G1 Devastator and SuperLink Devastator, here's a crazy awesome looking resin/diecast Devastator statue prototype for auction on EBAY being talked about over in the TWF2005 forums.

Awesome Devastator Statue

The detailing is just sick!

That is awesome. And perfect.

that is freaking crazy :o

I still think they should have made Hound a military HUMMVEE. If I could find a 1/24 model or toy of a HUMMVEE, I'll mod it to show you guys.

I don't know. A Humvee Hound would probably have been fairly large and wide. To me, Hound's always been on the smaller side...a nice little scout. So as much as he isn't a military vehicle, I like his current Alternator mode. Trailbreaker might be a cool civilian Hummer, especially since he was sort of a large, wide G1 guy. Alternatively, as much as I like the idea of Brawn being tiny but one of the strongest Autobots, he'd also make a good potential one. To me their physical vehicles don't have to match up as much as the overall 'personality' both their modes inspire.

I saw pics of BT-09 Swindle in box :)  but it seems that he will not come with a Destron / Decepticon sticker :(  :angry:

Ummm.... If he is like hound, you wont be able to see the decep symbol in car mode. It flips over for robot mode.

I think he means a giant one like Miester/Jazz

Exactly : the car sticker :lol:

I still think they should have made Hound a military HUMMVEE. If I could find a 1/24 model or toy of a HUMMVEE, I'll mod it to show you guys.

I don't know. A Humvee Hound would probably have been fairly large and wide. To me, Hound's always been on the smaller side...a nice little scout. So as much as he isn't a military vehicle, I like his current Alternator mode. Trailbreaker might be a cool civilian Hummer, especially since he was sort of a large, wide G1 guy. Alternatively, as much as I like the idea of Brawn being tiny but one of the strongest Autobots, he'd also make a good potential one. To me their physical vehicles don't have to match up as much as the overall 'personality' both their modes inspire.

Trailbreaker should be a Nissan Xterra or pathfinder Hummers are ugly

I wouldn't mind a Transformer based on the real Hummer, but these H2s and H3s are nothing but crap, and they look like they were designed by Fisher*Price.

:o we are in the same trail of thought

Autobot Tracks (Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition)

I finally got my Tracks at Target this past Saturday, but I felt that the metallic blue finish was a bit too bright. So I decided to go pick up the following supplies:

- Testors Model Master Custom Lacquer System Royal Blue Pearl 1997

- Testors Model Master Custom Lacquer System Ultra Gloss Clearcoat

- Revell 1/25 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition

- Tamiya Masking Tape

- X-ACTO Knife

- A4-size Cutting Board

- 1 can Rockstar Energy Drink

I could've finished the job days ago, but it was raining intermittently here in the L.A. area. But today, I managed to put five hours on this project.

Later this year, I'll go further by repainting the engine bay and chroming the wheels. In the meantime, enjoy the pics.

tracks01.jpg

tracks02.jpg

tracks03.jpg

tracks04.jpg

tracks05.jpg

Nice decals

Thanks. Though the actual product has some blemishes on the paint job and decals, the project turned out to look better than I expected.

I can't see the difference in the paint job  :huh:

I painted the car body portion only. In car mode, you'll see that the front license plate cover and mirrors remain unpainted.

give us the tips with the chroming thing for the wheels when you are done

I purchased a can of Alclad II Lacquer Chrome for Lexan[TM]. If you spray directly on white plastic, you'll get an aluminum silver finish. The trick is to spray the wheels gloss black. Let them dry and make sure they're clear of dust and debris. Once you spray the black wheels, you'll get a shiny chrome finish.

I'll work on the wheels as soon as I figure out how to properly remove them.

I wouldn't mind a Transformer based on the real Hummer, but these H2s and H3s are nothing but crap, and they look like they were designed by Fisher*Price.

H1's are the ONLY Hummers to go with. The H2 and H3 are for people that want a status symbol and will probably never go offroad unless they slide off the shoulder in winter.

oh one thing that bothers me of my alternator Tracks is that at the back license plate the autobot insignial looks like 1/3 of the center of it is missing. Any one else got his like that?

Edited by RichterX

SO how many companies out there are trying to show their goods so that they can try and pick up some of the CG shots for the Transformers movie?

I think this is a good example.

I don't think it will work, bot is too skinny

This is a major rip-off of smokescreen's transformation and robot design. I wonder if they did not get in trouble with copyrighted over there...

You could smell the lawsuits from miles away if this was a US commercial...

So there are four new Alternators listings in the Wal*Mart computers....

81317 Unknown (Ford Mustang redeco)

81318 Unknown (Acura)*

81321 Unknown (Mitsubishi)*

81322 Unknown (Mazda RX-8 redeco)

Let the speculation begin! :lol:

YES :lol:

SO how many companies out there are trying to show their goods so that they can try and pick up some of the CG shots for the Transformers movie?

I think this is a good example.

I don't think it will work, bot is too skinny

This is a major rip-off of smokescreen's transformation and robot design. I wonder if they did not get in trouble with copyrighted over there...

You could smell the lawsuits from miles away if this was a US commercial...

thats still pretty sweet. Gives a glimpse of hope for the movie coming out.