RT: Invasion

Chowser

here's a quick scan from my Game Informer Magazine,

sorry for the quickness, gotta go take the baby to the baby sitter's now.

if this is in the wrong forum, mods, please do what you feel necessary, you have the power

:lol:

ok, i redid the scans, still looks grainy, probably cuz it's from a magazine or my scanner is still not working correctly. it hasn't done clear scans in months.

i'm too cheap to buy a new one.

i'll put the other pics in other posts, i'll resize them too.

post-26-1074733711_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chowser

Looks promising but so do many games before they are released. But I suppose it will not be hard to make a Robotech game that is better than the first.

I always thought they should make Macross or Robotech game like Shogo. Anyone remember that game? It was not that popular but it was awesome. It was a fps where you fought both on foot and in a giant robot. The robot could transform to a hover craft thing and its weapons were fantastic. I believe someone was working on a Macross mod for it but that was a long time ago.

OMG

As a MOSPEADA fan I am really excited.

That looks great. I just hope the controls,engine,and gameplay are up to the expectations.

Same here!

I wasn't too jazzed about it being a 1st person shooter... but I just played HALO for the first time at a friend's house (darn that X-Box!) and now I've kinda got the taste to play a FPS again.

Hopefully it'll be pretty cool. At least TDK is using Mospeada as the setting... easily our only to ever play a Mospeada game. :)

You know....

I'd personally like to beat every Southern Cross hater to death with a big assed baseball bat. Anyone else read the text and notice that, yet again, some jackass decides to take shots at the middle chapter of Robotech?

As for Invasion itself...Ive recently gotten into FPS as well with the multiplayer online demo of Return to Castle Wolfenstein (only problem...no British units. Grrr....), so Im more than anticipating this game.

Yeah, I noticed the little comment as well. Anyway I hope this game has the gameplay to back up the look. As a FPS it doesn't have blow the othes away but it should at least hold its own and be decent. And for the love of god they need to make a PC version of this.

As for Invasion itself...Ive recently gotten into FPS as well with the multiplayer online demo of Return to Castle Wolfenstein (only problem...no British units. Grrr....), so Im more than anticipating this game.

If you want FPS Brits, you need to play Day of Defeat or Call of Duty.

I won't get too excited too fast... I bought BattleCry and after the 11 "guard the Cats Eye" mission I threw the game away. I will wait untill many MWers have it and can review it objectively without being wrapped up in nostalga.

I won't be jumping into this game so quickly either... I liked Battlecry ok, but it definitely could have been much better IMO...

I'll wait and see what other people say about the game...

I REALLY like the Mospeada or (New Gen.) theme though... CYCLONES!

I won't get too excited too fast... I bought BattleCry and after the 11 "guard the Cats Eye" mission I threw the game away. I will wait untill many MWers have it and can review it objectively without being wrapped up in nostalga.

Ill have to remember that, I'm still running a playstation,,,not 2 either After I lost my but on sega, ill wait a little longer to buy another game station

Looks interesting, but I'm not sure how the Cycs will work in FPS......its gonna have to be pretty good to fit into my videogame budget though......ROTK, Starcraft:Ghost, that X-Men RPG and maybe even that ST game that just came out are on the list......

The only good FPS's that I like are the realistic ones, like Viet-Cong or Delta Force where smarts means you like longer than fire power.

This game undoubtedly will offer no realism and will most likely end up being a HL/Quake/UT clone. Pass.

vinnie

The only good FPS's that I like are the realistic ones, like Viet-Cong or Delta Force where smarts means you like longer than fire power.

Wooooo! Another VC fan!

Fist Alpha shows up next week, are you getting yours? :ph34r:

As for this game I'll say what I said last time there was a thread like this: FPS games live and die with me on two fronts, gameplay and guns. If the game is like any "classic game" then it should be easy to pick up and play but deep enough to keep you engrossed in it until it's done. The play mechanics need to be fun but not overly easy or goofy. An my pet peave: it must have a nice selection of various guns and accessories with which to blast the baddies. Nothing ruins a good FPS like a sucky selection of guns or a bunch of "clone cannons" that sort of all do the same thing just with different damage levels. Using Mospeada as the basis, this game has a wealth of small arms from the art books that they could draw on... Galant pistols with several mod options like suppressors, stocks and such, Wolf 9mm pistols with suppressors, larger carbines and rifles, limpet mines, those micro missle launchers and then you still have all the Ride Armor guns and accessories like targeting computers and the like.

If handled properly this game could be a blast to play... but if the first Robotech game is any insider look into the quality level that this one might have I'd rather play a Hello Kitty game than this...

Just what gun is that guy handling in the lower left? Doesn't look like a Gallant and doesn't look like a Wolff autopistol....

Otherwise.... sweeeeet. I might have to get Online for this one....

a better question is: "Just what the hell is that guy in the lower left pannel?"

That is no Mospeada weapon, helmet, armor or colors that I have ever seen...

... as they say in the media business, this is the first clear sign that the design model may not be what we think it will be. I guessed that they would have to make up a bunch of stuff like the plot and add a bunch of things to flesh out the game. That gun/guy/armor must be one of the "in house" creations like the YF-1R from the first RT game.

I myself will just stare at the ride armors and babble "at least they are trying, at least they are trying, at least they are trying..."

It looks like a basic Gallant rifle with some extra stuff added to me.

And yeah, this is the game that will convince me to go Online. I know it already.

And anyone expecting realism in a mecha game, no matter what the genera, is looking in the wrong place. There is no way to make a mecha game "real", no matter how hard you try.

This game undoubtedly will offer no realism and will most likely end up being a HL/Quake/UT clone. Pass.

vinnie

i really liked Operation: Flashpoint. that was a great FPS that demanded you be smart about doing things. a great game.

I noticed the top of the page mentioned only PS2 and X-Box. Is this title not coming to the Gamecube? I'd like a chance to play it, but I don't want to buy another system just for one game. Can anyone clarify? Is it indeed coming to all the systems or just the two mentioned in the headliner? Any help would be appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Melissa

Is this title not coming to the Gamecube? I'd like a chance to play it, but I don't want to buy another system just for one game.

werd.

i think it looks great so far. of course i still think Battlecry wasn't a bad game. :p

It seems only to the PS2 and Xbox. When the game was first announced people complained about it not being on the GameCube as well but they were told only the PS2 and Xbox. Which just sucks in my opinion. No PC version(which is ideal for FPS) and no GameCube version it seems as well.

a better question is: "Just what the hell is that guy in the lower left pannel?"

That is no Mospeada weapon, helmet, armor or colors that I have ever seen...

Actually....

there are numerous weapon systems in Mospeada that have recieved very little, if next to no, writeups in the past. A good example of this are the weapons and vehicles used by the doomed soldiers in eps. #81 Hired Gun. Another example is the body armor and small arm that Colonel Wolfe is shown using in the flashback video that Scott reminesces about in eps. #68 Eulogy. As for the weapon that the soldier is holding...its the pistol mode for some kind of multiweapon system that we see numerous times throughout the series (but only see the rifle mode once in eps. #63 The Lost City....and one time with the nozzel attached in eps. #66 Hard Times).