RT: Invasion

Chowser

I like the pictures, those 4 were the best ones they released for the game so far, looks like I may add this one to my list. But, I do have to say that FPS are so much better on the PC than on a counsel game system. I hate having to use every little button and joystick to just move and shoot. If the Alpha does appear in the game I'll love it even more. But I got this strange feeling that when it cuts to 3rd person, it's motion, stop, motion, stop, motion stop, shake shake shake, motion stop, like I see in so many FPS games when it cuts too something like that.

Says who?  It just said that the mecha most often used will be the Cyclones (yay! :)  ).  It made no mention that the Alpha's aren't going to be used in any way.

Well what I mean is that it doesn't look like Ace Combat with the Legioss. The only thing they show in the screen shots is the Cyclone. Though I'm not sure that thing is a ship or a Tread in one of the shots.

No nevermind, that thing can't be a Tread...

Edited by Druna Skass

Says who? It just said that the mecha most often used will be the Cyclones (yay! :) ). It made no mention that the Alpha's aren't going to be used in any way.

It has been implied that the Alpha WILL be in the game....but it's also been implied that you might not fly it...

Better not just be your starting point in the game is your downed Alpha....

Cyc

And anyone expecting realism in a mecha game, no matter what the genera, is looking in the wrong place. There is no way to make a mecha game "real", no matter how hard you try.

Uhhh... sure. Don't allow for ridiculous amounts of ammo. "Real life" limiting how many weapons and how much ammunition a solider can carry at any one given time sure adds a lot of realism. Making damage that really counts is realistic. One or two hits and your a dead man. In such a game, you will quickly become the dumbass that runs around gunning to the dumbass that's dead.

Anyways, this is a console game. The only good FPS are PC one's anyhow. PC's allow for more diversity of functions that translate to more tactics one can employ. Also, consoles as far as I know have too much limitation on the maximum of number of players. When I hit the battlefield, I want a battle, not some pea shooter between a few people.

vinnie <---- uncurably hooked on "real war" FPS.

And anyone expecting realism in a mecha game, no matter what the genera, is looking in the wrong place.  There is no way to make a mecha game "real", no matter how hard you try.

Uhhh... sure. Don't allow for ridiculous amounts of ammo. "Real life" limiting how many weapons and how much ammunition a solider can carry at any one given time sure adds a lot of realism. Making damage that really counts is realistic. One or two hits and your a dead man. In such a game, you will quickly become the dumbass that runs around gunning to the dumbass that's dead.

Armored Core

And anyone expecting realism in a mecha game, no matter what the genera, is looking in the wrong place.  There is no way to make a mecha game "real", no matter how hard you try.

Anyways, this is a console game. The only good FPS are PC one's anyhow. PC's allow for more diversity of functions that translate to more tactics one can employ. Also, consoles as far as I know have too much limitation on the maximum of number of players. When I hit the battlefield, I want a battle, not some pea shooter between a few people.

vinnie <---- uncurably hooked on "real war" FPS.

And that is fine that you think that way.

But it doesnt always have to be "realistic" to have a good FPS.

I never bash anything till I actually play it myself.

Word. Goldeneye was hardly "realistic" but it's still one of the best FPS games I've played, at least for multiplayer.

I noticed the top of the page mentioned only PS2 and X-Box. Is this title not coming to the Gamecube? I'd like a chance to play it, but I don't want to buy another system just for one game. Can anyone clarify? Is it indeed coming to all the systems or just the two mentioned in the headliner? Any help would be appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Melissa

yes they are also planning on releasing it on the gamecube. ;)

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/ro...botechinvasion/

That is no Mospeada weapon, helmet, armor or colors that I have ever seen...

Finally found the link to the Mospeada small arms/mecha long arms. The weapon that the soldier is holding is a laser pistol of some type (cant be a slugthrower because the magazine is too far forward). Here is a link to the pic showing this weapon (courtesy of Zor_Master at the RDF HQ Message Board).

Mospeada Weapons (small arms and mecha long arms)

Ahh...! But for me it does. I want strategies. I want a FPS shooter where the guy with the bigger gun isn't the guy who comes out alive. Whenever I do play FPS, I go for stealth. Silent take downs. Booby traps. That sort of thing. Most FPS aren't realistic. You take a dozen rounds and run around as if it was nothing. That's no fun, because then whoever was the big gun will live. Some people play for the mayhem action. I don't. I play for the pure thrill of killing someone by skill and strategy, even if I have to hunt them down over the course of an hour. And when I shot someone in the head even with a silenced pistol, I expect them to die.

As for not bashing it till you've tried it, when you touch a hot pot and get burned, then you touch a hot pan and get burned, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that touching the hot kettle will burn you. It's called experience. And I can tell that this new game will not be my cup of tea. Besides "Don't bash it till you try it" is such a cliche, a baseless one at that.

vinnie

PS: I hated Golden Eye.

OK, how about a PC release for those of us who don't even own a console anymore?

don't worry you are not missing much... just grab yourself unreal 2w/multiplayer pack or halo for the PC, and place a Gakken big or small cyclone right next to your monitor.

Well, I'll say this much, I won't be buying it early and be burned like alot of people who bought TDK's first Robotech game (preorder for $50-$80!) now, you can get the game for $20 (not collector's edition).

I might wait to see if it comes out on PC since I prefer using the PC for FPS games.

You take a dozen rounds and run around as if it was nothing. That's no fun, because then whoever was the big gun will live.

That happened everywhere in Mospeada, Macross, and almost every other anime around, so it's not too far out of whack for the game to be like that.

And the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a Cyclone in an FPS game. Yes, it'd be damned cool for it to be in 3rd person, I think it works better as an FPS in regards to the source material. In a VF-1, Alpha, and most other mecha, the pilot looks a screen that shows the outside world. In a Cyclone, the pilot looks through his own eyes.

It looks like a basic Gallant rifle with some extra stuff added to me.

And yeah, this is the that will convince me to go Online. I know it already.

And anyone expecting realism in a mecha , no matter what the genera, is looking in the wrong place. There is no way to make a mecha game "real", no matter how hard you try.

*cough*STEEL BATALLION*cough*

The closest one could get ot a "real" Mech sim. Hell, the controller has windshield wipers and ejection buttons for God's sake!!!

Finally found the link to the Mospeada small arms/mecha long arms. The weapon that the soldier is holding is a laser pistol of some type (cant be a slugthrower because the magazine is too far forward).

I recognise the gun in the first pic (the first game pic Chowser posted) with the supersize Gamo in it, I was talking about the crazy orange gun in the hands of the Halo-ripoff looking guy in the lower left pannel of the last pic posted. That orange gun looks possibly it could have been an original Mospeada small arm if it were not for all the junk glommed onto it. Mospeada weapons have a very "clean", almost surgical organic look to them. That orange pistol/thing/super soaker that non-Mospeada armor wearing guy is holding just looks a bit too complicated compared to the other series guns.

It looks like a basic Gallant rifle with some extra stuff added to me.

And yeah, this is the      that will convince me to go Online.  I know it already.

And anyone expecting realism in a mecha    , no matter what the genera, is looking in the wrong place.  There is no way to make a mecha game "real", no matter how hard you try.

*cough*STEEL BATALLION*cough*

The closest one could get ot a "real" Mech sim. Hell, the controller has windshield wipers and ejection buttons for God's sake!!!

Yes, Steel Battalion and Armoured Core are all good, semi-realistic games. But they don't come anywhere close to Justvinnie's desire for a perfectly real game. Taking several dozen missle hits to the chest and still moving isn't "real".

And besides, we're talking about powered armour that transforms into a motorcycle and giant robots. If you're looking for "real", you're DEFINITLY in the wrong game genra.

I noticed the top of the page mentioned only PS2 and X-Box.  Is this title not coming to the Gamecube?  I'd like a chance to play it, but I don't want to buy another system just for one game.  Can anyone clarify?  Is it indeed coming to all the systems or just the two mentioned in the headliner?  Any help would be appreciated!  :)

Thanks,

Melissa

yes they are also planning on releasing it on the gamecube. ;)

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/ro...botechinvasion/

It makes me feel better to see that...*but*, I'm not really certain whether to believe it yet or not. Any news from Vicious Cycle or TDK itself? Really curious to see if it indeed will be available for the GC. Anyone ventured into RT.com lately to see if there is any news?

RT.com only mentions the article in GI. IGN has it only under PS2 and XBox...TDK doesn't mention it, Vicious Cycle doesn't either, only that's it's coming in 2004. Hard to say.

If it is being developed for GC, it may be further behind...Battlecry if I remember correctly for GC was released after the PS2 and GC versions...that's one slight possibility. Maybe VC has less people to do the GC version. Still, not announcing it doesn't bode well. :(

That orange gun looks possibly it could have been an original Mospeada small arm if it were not for all the junk glommed onto it.

It may just be an artists rendering...or it may represent a power up or whatever attached to the pistol. In its rifle configuration, its the one that looks like the WWII M-1 Thompson. For whatever reason, it is oversized a bit from how it should be. While the "staple gun" (as the pistol configuaration is sometimes known as) is large in Rook Bartley's hands....its doesnt appear that unwieldy in Colonel Wolfe's hands. I just hope they dont try and make it a slugthrower...because the magazine is too far forward of the barrel for it to properly load that way. It also makes little sense to have a slugthrower with a sound suppression nozzel and recoil suppression stock.