I liked the movie. It's not great, it feels like some scenes are lacking or were cut. It could have been longer. I blame this on the director or the editing. In the first Captain Marvel movie there were some scenes with Jude Law's character that were cut that could have elevated that movie more. Maybe we'll see some of it later on for this movie. Kamala Khan was funny and nice like a breath of fresh air, I haven't seen her series but I know enough background so I was not so lost about the character. On the other hand I saw WandaVision so I knew about Monica. But super casuals might get confused? Or will it drive them to watch the series?

The fight choreography was good I think. Maybe the editor burned out making those fight scenes look good? haha. (Though not Winter Soldier good.) Anyway, I made a loud 'oooohhh' at the end credits scene. Only me and my sister knew what it meant it seems. The other moviegoers were kind of silent.

Wow, wow, wow, wow..... wow!  87% box office drop Friday to Friday, 78% overall for its second weekend outing.:rofl:

One of, if not, the worst flops in the history of superhero films on a cost vs returns basis, perhaps even of all time, regardless of genre; heading to an epic financial loss of (nearly/possibly) half a billion dollars during its theatrical run... now THAT's impressive, and has earned it an ignominious place in the annals of movie making...  Well done Disney-Marvel, bravo.:good:

Stick a fork in it, this turkey is done.

1 hour ago, mechaninac said:

Wow, wow, wow, wow..... wow!  87% box office drop Friday to Friday, 78% overall for its second weekend outing.:rofl:

One of, if not, the worst flops in the history of superhero films on a cost vs returns basis, perhaps even of all time, regardless of genre; heading to an epic financial loss of (nearly/possibly) half a billion dollars during its theatrical run... now THAT's impressive, and has earned it an ignominious place in the annals of movie making...  Well done Disney-Marvel, bravo.:good:

Stick a fork in it, this turkey is done.

Worst flop since Flash

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We tried it out and even though it’s not the worst of the marvel movies, it’s not really great either. Definitely better than Eternals but probably closer to the second Black Panther movie. It has some very cringy moments and some really odd things going on. Most of those things are already covered in the pitch netting and honest trailer, but the weirdest thing for me was Capt. Marvel. She acts awkwardly overly childish in this one and almost feels like she was totally recast, even though it’s the same actress.

My lady didn’t seem to have an opinion on the movie. Usually she tells me right away if she liked it or not. This was odd because she just got up after the X-Men scene and went to bed. Usually she says good night oat least, but not this time. In the morning I asked her if she liked the movie and all she said was that she liked the cats and that was the end of the conversation.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

My wife and I watched it the other day.  I still loved the scene with Beast.

It just feels like an odd way to bring in X-Men. To have them introduced as alternate dimension characters is a bit weird. I guess they’re struggling to find a way to fit them into things.