On 8/7/2023 at 3:57 AM, mog_kupo said:

Last month was a good one

363393074_148699798260041_9108594477094145967_n.jpg

363416193_148699811593373_5431842971905130932_n.jpg

365993908_148699821593372_6635424718752916266_n.jpg

Nice haul, that Strike Freedom Soul Blue must have been costly or did you somehow land a good deal?

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Luna Park has it for ¥49,800:

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/metal-build-freedom-gundam-concept-2-snow-sparkle-ver-japan-version?utm_campaign=bc86ee0d-0427-4865-a327-de1136f1e473&utm_source=so&utm_medium=mail&cid=69b82863-ebd7-4004-b9af-b40da453cdee

¥19,000 seems a bit steep to me.

[edit:] The ¥30,800 is probably without the Japanese sales tax so the markup is not as steep.

That's actually the price including tax, so the base price is 28,000 Yen. Definitely feels like Luna Park is price gouging, even compared to aftermarket prices of regular Concept 2 (sealed) we are talking anywhere from ~10k to 15k Yen markup.

Not sure that is really worth it for a slightly different colour variation.

10 hours ago, lechuck said:

Nice haul, that Strike Freedom Soul Blue must have been costly or did you somehow land a good deal?

That's actually the price including tax, so the base price is 28,000 Yen. Definitely feels like Luna Park is price gouging, even compared to aftermarket prices of regular Concept 2 (sealed) we are talking anywhere from ~10k to 15k Yen markup.

Got this one at Amiami, 70k yens plus shipping

Anyone else remember the fiasco that it was last time they introduced the Freedom 2.0 concept? 

First it was $400, then $350 and then $300 due to low interest. Its going to be interesting to see how they do as a "Limited" type item. 

On 8/8/2023 at 2:20 PM, lechuck said:

Luna is price gouging , this is nothing new. For the money they charge you think you would get better packaging without paying their premium shipping membership. I get the LP girls need to go wine tasting and bar hopping (in case you missed the removed videos on their YT)  but there are other ways to generate that fun money. 

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

Remind me to never use DenDenHobby/Kurama Toys ever again. They shipped my Rewlula parts in 3 layers of bubble wrap and that’s it. This was the result 

Sorry to hear about that. Out of curiosity, how thick each layer of the bubble wrap they used?

Edited by no3Ljm

2 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

Standard thin bubble wrap that most sellers use 

I'm assuming there's no outer box? Is the actual product box damage? How's the items inside? Hope nothing is broken.

Did you try to contact them about the problem?

On 8/12/2023 at 11:37 PM, no3Ljm said:

I'm assuming there's no outer box? Is the actual product box damage? How's the items inside? Hope nothing is broken.

Did you try to contact them about the problem?

No outer box. It was just Bandai transport box. I have been too unmotivated to open it. I contacted customer care and they didnt seem to care. Lesson learned but Ill probably sell the parts (without a box) in the marketplace soon. 

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

No outer box. It was just Bandai transport box. I have been too unmotivated to open it. I contacted customer care and they didnt seem to care. Lesson learned but Ill probably sell the parts (without a box) in the marketplace soon. 

Again, sorry to hear that happen. Probably they just assumed that it didn't need no extra box since it already has one.

Are you planning on getting another set if ever?

Isn't snow sparkle Freedom going to be the typical limited lottery/first come first serve for members only for release during Tamashii Event. And on the very first day of the event the general release will be on P-Bandai for the rest of us to snatch. Every Tamashii Nations event exclusive items have been this way. I wouldn't fret about not being able to get it.

Edited by eXis10z

Sorry for asking another question so soon. But I am planning on getting a MB Red Draconics and an Amatsu Mina (Princess of the Sky version) from Ebay.

My friend warned me that both have some serious issue with their joints and backpack. Especially because the QC during Covid was very bad. What do you think? Should I just skip? Thanks in advance.

43 minutes ago, Daraky said:

Sorry for asking another question so soon. But I am planning on getting a MB Red Draconics and an Amatsu Mina (Princess of the Sky version) from Ebay.

My friend warned me that both have some serious issue with their joints and backpack. Especially because the QC during Covid was very bad. What do you think? Should I just skip? Thanks in advance.

I have both and both were ok, solid joints, especially the dragonics

2 hours ago, Daraky said:

Just be careful about the MB Red dragonics... Through PBJP (and maybe PBS, PBHK, PBT) the first batch there was a QC issue with the backpack bottom thrusters having the joints incorrectly assembled where they pointed inwards (unintended) and not outwards (as designed). The 2nd batch/release corrected the issue. Those that ordered the first batch/release in japan got replacements. People who proxied for the first batch outside of japan probably ate the qc issue as the replacement parts/service may have not been honored. The first  (only?) batch release from PBUS was delayed but included the replacements when they were sent out later.

I have no joint issues with my Red Dragonics. Just be aware of the issue with the flight pack thruster joints as @PsYcHoDyNaMiX mentioned.

I don’t know where the info with increased QC issues due to Covid comes from but I had two issues in the last three years with Metal Build releases: a misaligned print on the Strike Freedom gun and a missing panel on the Hi-Nu's leg. I wouldn’t characterize both as Covid related issues since these are things that can happen in any mass produced toy run.

On 8/17/2023 at 1:14 AM, no3Ljm said:

Again, sorry to hear that happen. Probably they just assumed that it didn't need no extra box since it already has one.

Are you planning on getting another set if ever?

Ok so they have just ignored me all together now. FYI to anyone thinking about shopping with them. I already bought another set on ebay. I just dont want these parts to get stupid expensive in 6 months like the MS Fin Funnels 

9 hours ago, Daraky said:

The first Amatsu Mina released in like 2015 was the one with joint issues. The Princess of the Sky ver wasnt bad. Bandais QC in general (Post Covid) has gone to s*** while the prices continue to go up. Luckily the two you are looking at are generally ok despite the above issue with the dragonics. Just buy them and dont look back 

5 hours ago, Scyla said:

I don’t know where the info with increased QC issues due to Covid comes from but I had two issues in the last three years with Metal Build releases: a misaligned print on the Strike Freedom gun and a missing panel on the Hi-Nu's leg. I wouldn’t characterize both as Covid related issues since these are things that can happen in any mass produced toy run.

Across the board the MB line has had more issues now than just regular joint issues in the past. I was pretty pissed when my Trans Am Raiser came in with paint defects and knubs. It was like i paid $400 for a KO or something. There has also been fitment issues with the spare hands , shoulders and some of the gimmicks on some of the MBs get stuck and dont move slowly. Justice was was brittle AF and the shoulder joint break or pop out of please easily too.  

33 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

Across the board the MB line has had more issues now than just regular joint issues in the past. I was pretty pissed when my Trans Am Raiser came in with paint defects and knubs. It was like i paid $400 for a KO or something. There has also been fitment issues with the spare hands , shoulders and some of the gimmicks on some of the MBs get stuck and dont move slowly. Justice was was brittle AF and the shoulder joint break or pop out of please easily too.  

FYI according to the shipping papers from HLJ the Princess in the Sky version was produced in the Czech Republic (iirc). So maybe Bandai is producing less of their collector items in China after Covid.

Regarding the QC issues. The Exia releases were pretty notorious for their gate nubs and loose joints. The gate nubs are even a problem for the Astraea's that are based on the Exia.

From my own purchases I couldn’t determine if the QC gone up or down; they roughly stayed the same.

For those who missed it the first time. :good: 

- Metal Structure RX-93 Nu Gundam Re-Release
January 2024 Release
September 4, 2023 Preorder Starts
General Release

- RX-93 Fin Funnel Option Parts
- RX-93 Nu Gundam Fin Funnel Equipment (There's no specific yet about this one if this is a complete set.)
January 2024 via Tamashii Web Shop Lottery

F47FWB9bIAAceiF.jpg.a365b8286d266f4213c2b4e59ef48f35.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

On 9/1/2023 at 8:51 PM, 68whiskey said:

For those of you that bought Hi Nu and only wanted the shield without buying the bazooka , here you go 

https://gundamit.com/hm-model-lightning-shield-for-rx-93-2-hi-gundam_p3372.html

Thank you! I just preordered one. :hi:

It's been awhile. I totally forgot about this shield. I was just actually waiting and wondering about the member who said that he might sell his extra shield. Looks like it didn't pan out. So thank you for sharing the link. :good: 

On 9/2/2023 at 11:55 PM, no3Ljm said:

Thank you! I just preordered one. :hi:

It's been awhile. I totally forgot about this shield. I was just actually waiting and wondering about the member who said that he might sell his extra shield. Looks like it didn't pan out. So thank you for sharing the link. :good: 

That was me , I bought 2 of them and I brought it up at some point in the comments and never got a reply. Then i totally forgot about it until now. I still have that second set just sitting a closet somewhere

On 9/4/2023 at 4:05 AM, 68whiskey said:

That was me , I bought 2 of them and I brought it up at some point in the comments and never got a reply. Then i totally forgot about it until now. I still have that second set just sitting a closet somewhere

True, I really forgot about the shield until I saw your post. It's either a lot of things happened or we accumulate a bunch of stuff that we forgot the others. :lol:

I'll take it if you're going to sell it in that price. :rolleyes: