What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

Since "Movie Edition" is on the box of the Q-Rau what are the odd of Hasegawa doing a TV Edition?  I was surprised how quickly they released 4 different versions of the Regult although each of those were just additional sprues.  How significant of a difference is there between the Movie and TV versions of the Q-Rau?

1 minute ago, Steve68 said:

Since "Movie Edition" is on the box of the Q-Rau what are the odd of Hasegawa doing a TV Edition?  I was surprised how quickly they released 4 different versions of the Regult although each of those were just additional sprues.  How significant of a difference is there between the Movie and TV versions of the Q-Rau?

I would describe the differences as "not insignificant".

That said, Hasegawa is the company that produced both versions of the SDF-1 kit with few changes to the central "core" ship between the movie (released first) and TV series versions.  It suggests that if they produce a TV version of the Q-Rau, it will mostly be the movie version molds, with a few key elements changed (i.e. the top antenna).

26 minutes ago, sketchley said:

I would describe the differences as "not insignificant".

That said, Hasegawa is the company that produced both versions of the SDF-1 kit with few changes to the central "core" ship between the movie (released first) and TV series versions.  It suggests that if they produce a TV version of the Q-Rau, it will mostly be the movie version molds, with a few key elements changed (i.e. the top antenna).

I’m hoping they don’t go that route. There are significant surface details and shapes that don’t look right. There are parts that could be common use like the guns and hands maybe cockpit, but the lower legs and the lower arms are different.IMG_2321.jpeg.d0c5f5bd46822461c27f8c25c478ddf3.jpegIMG_2320.jpeg.bec479d0a19208afe8da3cfb10bb3ce8.jpegthere are parts like the upper arms and legs that have little extra bits of detail that are there depending on the picture or screenshot.
Personally I’d feel disgusted if they did a simple reuse of all of or most of the kit. I’d rather wait a while for them to get it right or hand the job off to Max Factory. I think most of us were very disappointed with their odd Macross tv arm version and had hoped they’d one day do proper TV version of the iconic ship in both modes.

oh man ... I knew the box will be huge, but ... it is frikken huge :S

IMG_4703.jpg.dc0ccbd99cc2a4a5c0fe79761cd50919.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg.c6f20f0fa0c3750d91e6861603d0fc4c.jpg

Here - a comparision to a "normal box". A VF-1A/J/S kit.

IMG_4702.jpg.008b4f673805f5394a5ab9420ebe5084.jpg

It will rest now in my stash for all eternity - until I have some time to touch it, together with all the other kits I have. I feel like a small sized hobby shop already. The only bigger box I have is the 1/48 VF-1 Strike/Super Valk. I am running out of space, so I hope there will be no awesome new kits until I can finish some.

IMG_4705.jpg.c66792cf111b95bc5c26459bca838798.jpg

2 minutes ago, Thom said:

Very nice collection there, @Urashiman Brings to mind the Intertwined Modelling Conundrums, or IMC. Storage Shelf space as opposed to Display Shelf space.:unknw:

haha - yeah. That is an issue as well. Atm I have no display space at all. So my finished kits are in the boxes right next to the stash of unbuild kits. There will be some space in the future though. Need to get that wall fixed first.

2 hours ago, Major Tom said:

Just got my Hasegawa Q-Rau so I pull out the Club-M kit to do the comparison. I think both are similar in size. the Club-M included Miria standing figure.

20231217_104516.jpg

20231217_104533.jpg

Oooo resin..:D There's some nice details on that Club  M. And the Mira figure looks awesome. Congratulations on having such a rare score ! 

10 hours ago, Major Tom said:

Just got my Hasegawa Q-Rau so I pull out the Club-M kit to do the comparison. I think both are similar in size. the Club-M included Miria standing figure.

20231217_104516.jpg

20231217_104533.jpg

I’d like to see them both built. From what I remember the club m version wasn’t as exaggerated as the Yamato toy. The figure looks pretty cool as well. I wish the Hasegawa kit had a great standing figure included 

10 hours ago, Big s said:

They did have a tough relationship 

Lol. It's interesting to note that one of the longest Macross relationships was intertwined with having babies and having fights . :p

1 hour ago, Thom said:

the40year-old-virgin-comedy.gif

:rolleyes:Heh. I decided to go with the slow boat option, even with the 25 percent off at hlj. I've waited years for a Hasegawa 1/72 Q-Rau. What's 2-3 more months..:lol:

4 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Lol. It's interesting to note that one of the longest Macross relationships was intertwined with having babies and having fights . :p

:rolleyes:Heh. I decided to go with the slow boat option, even with the 25 percent off at hlj. I've waited years for a Hasegawa 1/72 Q-Rau. What's 2-3 more months..:lol:

I almost did to, as I have no plans of building it yet, but the difference was only about 5 or so bucks, so...

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

HLJ charged me $69 bucks to So Cal....2x Queads and 1x Max with the shipping discount.
Geez rates seem high again

What are you planning to do with the second Queadluun Rau?

I know a lot of people will probably do a max recolor, but I’d love to see someone do the purple cannon fodder colors scheme 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

What are you planning to do with the second Queadluun Rau?

I know a lot of people will probably do a max recolor, but I’d love to see someone do the purple cannon fodder colors scheme 

No doubt they'll release a Max recolor though? With whatever the appropriate decals are.

Waiting on, and expecting, both the Max Queadluun and the Max VF-1J super battroid. Just.... waiting. Sigh.

1 hour ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

No doubt they'll release a Max recolor though? With whatever the appropriate decals are

I'm hoping so too. 
For myself, I've got one Q-Rau for a faithful milia scheme, and another for a custom jobby. For my ongoing Megaroad-01 hangar. 

6 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

No doubt they'll release a Max recolor though? With whatever the appropriate decals are.

Waiting on, and expecting, both the Max Queadluun and the Max VF-1J super battroid. Just.... waiting. Sigh.

I have no doubt it’s gonna happen. All they have to do is include a different pilot figure and recolor the plastic.

I think it includes decals that can be used for Max as well, that’s why I think some people will just jump the gun and recolor the red. They’d really only have to slightly modify the pilot. But I’m wondering if something more exciting might be included in the Max version, like standing figures

On 12/18/2023 at 10:11 PM, Shawn said:

HLJ charged me $69 bucks to So Cal....2x Queads and 1x Max with the shipping discount.

Festive season and a boom in online sales has forced shippers to hire third party couriers (There's our extra cost). I recently had a DHL parcel dropped off by Elta and another DHL by Speedex.

Edited by Raikkonen

On 12/18/2023 at 3:11 PM, Shawn said:

That's about twice what I paid, but you got three kits delivered, to my one, so I think you are ahead.:p

And mine showed up. Damn big box, which doesn't make it easy on shipping either.

11 hours ago, Urashiman said:

Ah yeah, forgot I wanted to do this:

IMG_4894.jpeg.2cf460e30b6f2fa47bf67bbfed1bb914.jpeg
IMG_4895.jpeg.288114dd1547e1f79512daf9213d213e.jpeg

IMG_4896.jpeg.026e2befe5893a0b53d021865475d4f7.jpeg

Gonna do a double build?

I still have a soft spot for the ancient tv version of the Queadluun Rau kit. It’s surprisingly well articulated and has a lot of detail on the outside. It’s not perfect, but it’s one of the best early 80’s mecha kits ever made 

On 12/24/2023 at 8:13 AM, Big s said:

Gonna do a double build?

I still have a soft spot for the ancient tv version of the Queadluun Rau kit. It’s surprisingly well articulated and has a lot of detail on the outside. It’s not perfect, but it’s one of the best early 80’s mecha kits ever made 

yeah, it looks a bit more detailed compared to the hasegawa one at first. And no - no double build planned. I have to finish some other kits first haha.

35 minutes ago, Urashiman said:

yeah, it looks a bit more detailed compared to the hasegawa one at first. And no - no double build planned. I have to finish some other kits first haha.

Oddly I think the hasegawa has more detail than I realized from the pictures of the kit. There’s like a grating detail on a lot of the black pieces that I didn’t know were there until I had the kit in hand.

as far as the old tv version, it has more surface details from the artwork pictures of it. I don’t think I’ve seen any pictures of the movie one with all that kinda stuff and I think that’s why hasegawa didn’t add them. Oddly the prototype for the Bandai hmr does have them