Great display Duymon!

Hazray13, I am planning to get detolfs soon and have been thinking of how to display the Valks. Kanedas Bike has good suggestions. I will probably organize by fighter series (VF-1, VF-25, etc...), and then fighter type (S, F, G, etc...).

Edited by Saburo

Well I just went to take a look and didn't really find anything. I noticed that around 3 Yamato boxes disappeared from the last time I was there. Not sure what it was as I really didn't pay attention other than that it was a Macross product. The only thing left are a few YF-19 which I highly doubt would be that much cheaper than anywhere else right now. After the renovation alot of stores did look cleaner but I feel like a few items disappeared too :X

I did see a YF-21 (I think) but it was the sellers personal item so I didn't ask much (not for sale).

There was a shop that had all the VF-25 and VF-27 on display but it was so sad. They were so badly posed that it looked like the head was shrinking back. Should be the renewal ones as the torso didn't look that fat to me like the original. That VF-25S looked so sad to me :( Such a rare gem looking all derped out.

Thats a real rifle? Looks cool! Where are the rest of your valks?

- Yes, its a civilian version of what I used/carried back during my military time. Weapons, my other vice, lol. I'll display them as soon as I figure out what the heck I'm doing. Im thinking go by designator A, D, J, S

Personally I'd suggest going with your own sense of personal aesthetic. I have one Detolf that is all Yamato/Arcadia with shelves dedicated to DYRL, SDFM and another Detolf dedicated to nothing but Bandai DX releases.

Examples;

I have the Vermillion Squad with Roy's VF-1S and a cannon fodder TV VF-1A on one shelf.

I have all (3) DYRL VF-1S's, a DYRL Hikaru VF-1A and Destroid Tomahawk on another.

I have Alto's VF-25F, VF-27 and Alto's YF-29 on a shelf.

You can also take a look thru this thread to get a really good idea of how folks like to display their collections. :)

-b.

When girls come by your house, are they always impressed of your big gun?

lol, and that's why the Valks and other toys are displayed in the "man cave", lol.

I say just throw it in there and adjust as necessary. Search your feelings Raya and let the Force guide your hands.

Edited by Benson13

• 2 weeks later...

my 1/48 collection got a bit bigger since the last pic i posted here, lol.

tumblr_n7qrv05avP1qd7437o1_500.jpg

i'm gonna take some better pics with my good camera, this was from my phone.

clockwise starting at super miria, there's an angel bird in the blue GBP, low vis 2 in the urban GBP, a woodlands in the woodland GBP, hikaru vf-1s with super strike, very back is a Super Stealth on a yamato stand, in front of him is the hikaru super vf-1j, then vf-1a max, roy, angel bird, mass prod. and a kakizaki with super strike.

still hunting for a super max for less than $300, lol. and a couple others to round it out. that's why i went 1/48, there's a limit. :)

oh yeah and way in the back is a yamato 1/60 yf-19 and i have a Chogokin VB-6 Konig Monster (SP Version) on the way from japan. there's also a 1/60 30th anni crazy paint scheme vf-1 under my bed still in the box.

Edited by davzilla

"It has begun!!!"

I've started displaying my small collection (in comparison to 95% of the folks on this board). First thing I noted is that, I need more cabinets and to add the doors (lol). Also, I have to swap the VF-1A Hikaru with a VF-1S Hikaru. Still not sure if i want to take the 1/60 VF-1J and VF-1S (folker) out of the boxes to display (MIB baby). The top shelf will be a VF-25 display, figure 25S,25F and YF-25 (when it finally shows). Not bad start so far, I'll post more as it grows.

• VF-1S - 1/48, MPC, the man himself
  • VF-1J - 1/48, MPC, nopaint kit
  • VF-1S Hikaru - 1/48, MPC, 1/60
  • VF-1A - 1/48, MPC, 1/72
  • Zero - 0S and 0A
  • Plus - 19 and 21
  • YF-1R MPC
  • SDF-1 w/mini monsters

post-26268-0-48028200-1403957653_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-95093700-1403957680_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-44821700-1403957681_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-90696600-1403957681_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-33713700-1403957682_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-77112200-1403957682_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-35833100-1403957683_thumb.jpg

"It has begun!!!"

I've started displaying my small collection (in comparison to 95% of the folks on this board). First thing I noted is that, I need more cabinets and to add the doors (lol). Also, I have to swap the VF-1A Hikaru with a VF-1S Hikaru. Still not sure if i want to take the 1/60 VF-1J and VF-1S (folker) out of the boxes to display (MIB baby). The top shelf will be a VF-25 display, figure 25S,25F and YF-25 (when it finally shows). Not bad start so far, I'll post more as it grows.

• VF-1S - 1/48, MPC, the man himself
  • VF-1J - 1/48, MPC, nopaint kit
  • VF-1S Hikaru - 1/48, MPC, 1/60
  • VF-1A - 1/48, MPC, 1/72
  • Zero - 0S and 0A
  • Plus - 19 and 21
  • YF-1R MPC
  • SDF-1 w/mini monsters

Looking good! The one thing I did when I started using Detolf cabinets (or with any mostly glass cabinet) is added Macross art books and a few Macross figures to add 'accent' and color to the display.

Granted I had/have more room because I'm displaying 1/60 scale Valks, but an art book or two would really add something to your cabinets, IMHO.

-b.

Yes they only had black or white when I went last week. Went with White to match everything else.

In true MW fashion I bought a spare which is MISB lol.

Cool display you have there. I imagine the other detolf getting filled up with more valks pretty soon. :)