Mission 10: AXIA's Flash  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Everybody Loves Kaname)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Just what we need, more bad music.)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 10 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs. There will be consequences if you don't
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

Oh, gone too soon, Messer, at least you have expressed to Kaname...

Only can see you in Movie edition again?

Direct cockpit hit and then blood spread from inside.... if he can still survive that's really a miracle...

Edited by CRYO

noooooOOOOooooOOOOoooooooo......... i'll be spending the week in therapy!!!!!!!

yeah, i've been mentally prepared for a hot flyboy to die but......... messerrrrrrrr... i want to cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... *disgruntled fangirl flips table*

The tech of Windermere are provided by Epsilon Corp, 1st time appearance for this anti NUNS party

Messer's gone, maybe Lady M and the real company control chaos will appear soon, will we see new delta team member?

Edited by CRYO

Interesting, you know, I'm thinking there needs to be some more character development on the Windermere side, because I still don't care about any of those characters, just looking for them to be killed off. Roid is turning out to be a disappointment as an O'Connor replacement.

As for Keith, so one dimensional, "where is Shinigami?" you can see it now; the next episode, there will be that Pinky and the Brain montage -->

"So, Keith-sama, what will you do tonight?"
"I don't know... I'm so lost... I lost my reason to be.... Oh Shinigami, wherefore art thou?"

I have also come to appreciate that apparently, Bogue is one of the only one with a brain in his outfit, his "drown in your blood" and "Shut your pie hole" tirades are grounded in well thought out strategy. Cause if he whacks the Walkure, he can take out the enemy's primary anti-Heinz weapon, hence making it easier on Heniz. It's just too bad his tactical/strategic acumen is not matched by his piloting skills.

Edited by kalvasflam

Interesting, you know, I'm thinking there needs to be some more character development on the Windermere side, because I still don't care about any of those characters, just looking for them to be killed off. Roid is turning out to be a disappointment as an O'Connor replacement.

As for Keith, so one dimensional, "where is Shinigami?" you can see it now; the next episode, there will be that Pinky and the Brain montage -->

"So, Keith-sama, what will you do tonight?"

"I don't know... I'm so lost... I lost my reason to be.... Oh Shinigami, wherefore art thou?"

I have also come to appreciate that apparently, Bogue is one of the only one with a brain in his outfit, his "drown in your blood" and "Shut your pie hole" tirades are grounded in well thought out strategy. Cause if he whacks the Walkure, he can take out the enemy's primary anti-Heinz weapon, hence making it easier on Heniz. It's just too bad his tactical/strategic acumen is not matched by his piloting skills.

definitely shakeperean tragedy of Hamlet/Macbeth proportion with Keith there (whom i happen to like, bwahahah)... killing your boyfriend, hating your brother... i'm waiting for him to off the dad... evil laughter

definitely shakeperean tragedy of Hamlet/Macbeth proportion with Keith there (whom i happen to like, bwahahah)... killing your boyfriend, hating your brother... i'm waiting for him to off the dad... evil laughter

The problem with Keith is just... well, he is Keith. Like the Keith from Voltron, except, you know, he is evil. I do hope the show put a better spot light on him. If he is a villain, he is just too non-dimensional, if he is a pawn, he has to be one of the more useless pawns ever. (even Leon was a better pawn compared to Keith)

It's sad when Bogue and the Evil twin brothers are more interesting than Keith, because at least you can dislike them for whatever reason, whereas with Keith, it's just "meh" WIth the evil twin brothers, that's saying a lot, I think they have a combined five lines so far in the entire show.

Being shot direct into the cockpit certainly is a sign of an ace pilot in keith. If he can do that to messer, i thk the only other man who could handle him would be arad.

Else it would probably be down to overpowering keith with pure numbers. Dare i say that delta squad would be seeing revenge now.

still if messer is gone, its a pity. His character certainly had potential to be developed further.

And i thk lots of fans were just getting to know him better..

Edited by seti88

Being shot direct into the cockpit certainly is a sign of an ace pilot in keith. If he can do that to messer, i thk the only other man who could handle him would be arad.

Else it would probably be down to overpowering keith with pure numbers. Dare i say that delta squad would be seeing revenge now.

still if messer is gone, its a pity. His character certainly had potential to be developed further.

And i thk lots of fans were just getting to know him better..

Didn't Hayate almost do that to Bogue as well (instead, he shot Bogue's engine)? Of course Hayate/Bogue and Messer/Keith would have different skill levels.

Mod note

So you couldn't help yourself. Fine. I'm going to be nice and only revoke posting privileges for the week.

Should this happen on the next episode, not only will offenders have to sit out a week, but I will add an extra 24-hours of spoiler tag-use for each offense.

We just asked to use spoiler tags for 24-hours. But if you can't contain yourself, I will start punishing.

I...I, uh, didn't really expect Messer to go out like that. Also it must rank in the top intense/graphic deaths in Macross TV-run at least, to me. Perhaps in part because it was obscured by the canopy. Dang.

Also, just as discussion point: I always find it weird when people root for deaths/predict them in a like "I hope some folks die it'll make it dark/gritty" kinda way. Not that I'm opposed to character deaths either. But I think what the real thing is that you want to see the stakes are real. Like it's easy to have a sort of "token death" that kind of cheapens things.

I hate this weather

7_E1_KGt_J.jpg

Wait...

...did Messer and Keith sincronized with each other..,? Or they where experimenting the "boost" from their respective "supports" ?

Edited by Gerli

Isn't it a little early to be off-ing Delta Squadron characters? I guess this solves the repetitive Messar v. Keith fights. Guess Mirage needs to step up to the ace-plate.

My death note from last week's and episode and the week prior still stands.

Now, Chuck needs to do a Kakizaki.

That they decided to kill off Messer at this point is may be a bit premature, after all Michael didn't buy the farm until the show was nearly 80% done. But I think the timing for Messer was good, it adds a little bit of emotional impact, and closes out one of the threads. Sadly, it'll probably relegate Kaname to a much smaller role in the future, but I can live with that. They need time to develop for the Windermere side anyway. But knocking off a couple of those Aerial knights would also help. (I think Herman and one of the evil twin brothers need to step up)

I would like to have more grunts involved anyhow. Throw away Valks on both side.

Somehow I think Keith is going to get done in by Hayate, not Arad. Now it would surprise me if Arad also kicked the bucket in this series. Then they would make this a little more Tomino like. The only thing that would exceed this is the killing off of some of the Walkure.

You know, there are a couple of grandparents waiting for the spot light... it would be grossly unfair and overpowering if they showed up though.,

Edited by kalvasflam

Since Messer's VF-31 didn't blow up on screen (yet), I wonder who'll pilot it? Hikaru did pilot the VF-1S in the original. And I wonder how the discussion's going to be when the support crew 'cleans it up'?

Now, Chuck needs to do a Kakizaki.

That they decided to kill off Messer at this point is may be a bit premature, after all Michael didn't buy the farm until the show was nearly 80% done. But I think the timing for Messer was good, it adds a little bit of emotional impact, and closes out one of the threads. Sadly, it'll probably relegate Kaname to a much smaller role in the future, but I can live with that. They need time to develop for the Windermere side anyway. But knocking off a couple of those Aerial knights would also help. (I think Herman and one of the evil twin brothers need to step up)

I would like to have more grunts involved anyhow. Throw away Valks on both side.

Somehow I think Keith is going to get done in by Hayate, not Arad. Now it would surprise me if Arad also kicked the bucket in this series. Then they would make this a little more Tomino like. The only thing that would exceed this is the killing off of some of the Walkure.

Agreed, one more tribute! :p

And yes, more grunt takedowns. Unless, the entire NUNs garrison in that sector have all ingested the combo of water and apple... would explain the lack of additional combat. Then again what are the other platoons of Chaos doing?

Since Messer's VF-31 didn't blow up on screen (yet), I wonder who'll pilot it? Hikaru did pilot the VF-1S in the original. And I wonder how the discussion's going to be when the support crew 'cleans it up'?

Considering Messer died relatively early in the show, what if another pilot joins and becomes the new Delta 2?