77 members have voted

1. 1. Buying Macross items

• Toys (i.e. Yamato, bandai, etc.)
    • Models
    • Books
    • Cds
    • Dvds/Tapes/Laserdiscs
    • PS Games
    • Other collectible items (i.e. pencil boards, trading cards)
    • Others

I am not sure if done this poll before or if is the best to place it here. Maybe in the past you guys did. I am very curious what do Macross fans like to purchase. It is too bad you can list them in order of importance, but you can explain it in your post. :D I would not be suprise that buying toys is first since the demand and quantity is there. Where as others are harder to find and/or expensive. Then again I could be wrong. Enjoy :p

Anyways, for me as a collector, even though most of my collection is toys (majority Yamato), I like to collect Macross books first, when the price is right though. B)) I don't take too much of a hit to my wallet when buying books at times. The problems I had is finding them, prices, and, knockoffs. I am Macross purist I like to buy original stuff, not the KO stuff. But, I perfectly understand people buy KOs because cheaper and it make sense, b/c I start with it in the beginning. I cherish my books and cd collection more than my toys at the time when Yamato didn't existed.

DVD, tapes and Laserdiscs

I have all of Macross 7 on Laserdisc, Macross TV on DVD, Macross 7 on DVDs, etc. I want to get all Region 2's of everything sometime on DVD.

2nd place would be games. I got M3 for Dreamcast, VF-X1 and 2. and Macross Plus for PS. I also have DYRL for Saturn. I would love some more games if I could find them.

I have a complete Macross DVD collection, minus M0 (which is on my pc), 2 wallscrolls, my Yamato/Bandai valks, CM Macross figures, DYRL Minmei PVC, Macross: The Complete (TV/DYRL soundtrack), and the Design Works book, with the intent to buy much more over time. Whetever merchandise seems interesting to me.

Edited by Anubis

Unlike many others here, I'm not so fixated on the VF-1 or other VFs. I only have a 1/48 VF-1S (1.0), a VF-1J and two FAST packs. If I had known the 1/48 VF will come out, I may have skipped the 1/60 VF altogether. I have two of those, the VF-1A and the VF-1S, non-FAST pack.

I like character figures, but I skip the expensive ones. I prefer canon dressing and posing. The 1/6 PVC swimsuit Misa is nice, but non-canon, and I cannot convince myself to get it. :( Of course, they must look like the character too! :lol: (Many figures fail this test; Macross or not) Also, I find there is too many Minmay and no one else! Where's Misa? :D

For books, I curse the day I found out I can still find them on the market. I probably paid on the high side for many of them due to my "enthusiasm". :lol: I still don't have any "rare" books yet.

Posters.. none right now, and quite unlikely, unless I can get them cheap.

Music.. I didn't bother previously because I thought the 3-disc set Macross the Complete is complete. :( Is it? Doesn't seem so to me. I don't know if I should buy the bootleg CDs.. originals are not available anymore.

I buy anything and everything that I like that's Macross related whether it's books, cards, toys, DVDs, or whatever.

Yup and i seen him do it... its kinda scary... like a hurricane thru Frank and Sons, leaving nothing in the wake... :ph34r::unsure::ph34r:

My primary objectives:

- toys from the original SDF: Macross TV show, DYRL and Flashback... specifically the VF-1X series

- toys from Genesis Climber Mospeada (or it's bastard cousin Robotech: New Generation)

My secondary objectives:

- DVDs of the above... which I already own, so that is pretty much fulfilled.

In the grand money scheme of things Macross is more of a lesser side-hobby of mine as it only gets the bare minimum of money spent on it monthly compared to my cars, guns, books and movie collection.

I buy anything and everything that I like that's Macross related whether it's books, cards, toys, DVDs, or whatever.

Yup and i seen him do it... its kinda scary... like a hurricane thru Frank and Sons, leaving nothing in the wake... :ph34r::unsure::ph34r:

Ha ha. You should talk. You got more stuff yesterday than I have in a month! :lol:;):blink:

I'm a connosieur of the 'Chunky Misa' hentai doujinshi, and my Macross purchases are limited to those.

:lol:

I don't have that big of a collection, most a little of this and a little of that. A few Bandai reissues and various other toys, some art books, a few CDs (Macross Plus and Macross 7), a few DVDs, a coupel video games and a few models. I don't have the extra cash to spend too much on my collection, so I mostly just buy the things I really want and don't worry too much about getting "everything."

But I don't have any Macross hentai doujinshi, sadly to say.

In the distant past, I was happy to own the DVD's of various anime, (Macross + Gundam being the most sought after). However, ever since joining this board in Dec. 2001 (exactly 2 years ago), I have spent a lot of money on Macross toys. I think many others will attest to that. MW will make you bankrupt!!

Definitely primarily toy purchases. But I've been known to plunk down for DVDs and Books.

But to be honest, look at what is available - 99% toys & models, then a few things here and there, mostly vintage.

Transforming mecha toys/models is pretty much the beating heart of Macross, merchandise-wise.

• 2 weeks later...