Wait... that was the end of Season 2? Kind of lackluster... I thought it the final fight was just a build up to a bigger conflict. The first season had more weight on it through out its length. This one had too much romantic comedy in the middle and what started out as intriguing political struggle in the beginning just vaporized. I was really looking forward to more episodes to tie things up.
I'm going to watch it on Netflix to see how different the subs are or maybe give the dub a go.

I love the Sidonia design. It's so different from the usual starships we get with these type of shows.

The soundtrack also kicks ass. It's one of the animes that I don't fast forward thru the themes.

Guest davidwhangchoi

season 2 is all finished for me :( so sad there's no more than 12 episodes for a season...

i need like 50 episodes B))

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Did an awesome job adapting the manga but with some anime original stuff too. The only thing that really surprised me was that

they stopped focusing on how Kunato is really no longer Kunato, but the scientist Ochiai. I'm hoping they'll do tat in the 3rd season, but this season really didn't end with any confirmation of us getting a continuation

...sensing a marathon while the spouse is at a conference!

Heh, when my wife is out I'd catch up on PC gaming as I'd make her watch anime with me which is fair as I sit with her while she watches all those home improvement shows B))

I also have to skip past that awful intro song. I'm not impressed with many of modern series intro songs in general, they can't compete with the classics such as Macross and Space Battleship Yamato.

Edited by TangledThorns

We agree on a lot of shows & movies, but anime's not really her thing - unless it's Ghibli.

So while I might watch one ep at a time, here & there normally; I will be looking forward to having the TV all to myself.

I used to PC game while she was away, I recall several late nights of KOTOR way back when. But that was when my system was new and before kids!

I kinda like the opening song. Macross & SBY Yamato always come across as a little quaint to me.

Edited by Kelsain

I don't see how they can't comtinue. Season 1 ended the same.

Oh they can easily continue. But you forget that season one ended with a big hint at the end that the show was indeed going to continue.

I hope this second season sell well in Japan.

BTw, I just got the BD's that Sentai released for season one. They don't improve much on the Netflix experience, but you get a lot of nice postcards and pictures of nicest sites on Sidonia drawn by Kihei himself.

I'm really, really hoping that for the second season's BD's they include that single episode of Blame that they teased us with.

Yup... with a giant talking penus.

It always hinted at the harem thing since the beginning with Hoshijiro, Izana and Yuhata in the mix. But now it's full on with them living in the same house and all the over the top slapstick violence. Not to mention Samari hitting on him unsuccessfully. It took a really big bite out of this year from the more intriguing storylines. Sadly it steers back into place a little too late because there's barely time at the end for the heavier stuff with a lot of loose ends from everything they introduced at the start of Season 2.

Yup... with a giant talking penus.

It always hinted at the harem thing since the beginning with Hoshijiro, Izana and Yuhata in the mix. But now it's full on with them living in the same house and all the over the top slapstick violence. Not to mention Samari hitting on him unsuccessfully. It took a really big bite out of this year from the more intriguing storylines. Sadly it steers back into place a little too late because there's barely time at the end for the heavier stuff with a lot of loose ends from everything they introduced at the start of Season 2.

A cute giant talking penus that blushes. Does your penus blush? :lol:

post-5389-0-18339100-1436392429_thumb.png

Edited by SuperHobo

The harem bit does somewhat diminish the experience. I sometimes do not know if Nihei is doing it for a laugh. It's so unlike his other work. A Spoiler for the manga at your own peril in case a 3rd season gets made

Come on do you really want to spoil yourself? Do not read unless you absolutely must.

It is heavily implied that Tanikaze's cherry is popped by no other than the captain of Sidonia. Yes, she the one that's hundreds of years old!

I didnt mind the light hearted fun in between, let you get to know the characters on a more personal note and in doing so makes you worry for their safety later on when it gets back into the seriousness of combat. Sometimes its good to have that little breaker.