Still some weeks until it comes out on Netflix ( cannot find it licensed yet anywhere else) and I'm really looking forward to it despite the weird romcom atmosphere it gets at some point.

Did I miss an announcement of season 2 coming out?

I love this show... Season Two is probably weirder than Season One but the weirdness is fun. Hopefully they get back to some Space Combat though... been missing those for the last few episodes. And I hope they go up against other fighter types again... The Gardes versus placenta planet thing is getting kind of repetitive.

One's white, the other is very pale blue.

Yeah, I noticed the color, the feet, chest piece and head unit are slightly different, but other than that, not a whole lot else. It's not like a drastic difference like the VF-0 vs VF-1

It's airing right now, Netflix licensed it, and will likely put it up when it's done airing in Japan.

I meant showing here in the US. Hopefully Netflix licensed the second season along with the first - they do not always do so. Looking forward to it, weird an all.

Yeah I was surprised they didn't show it simultaneously like they did the first season.

They have it on their list as a "global release" which meant they had it scheduled to come out at the same time. Maybe they're going to drop the entire series all at once when it's all done.

https://pr.netflix.com/WebClient/loginPageSalesNetWorksAction.do?contentGroupId=10571&contentGroup=Premiere%20Dates

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/03/05-1/knights-of-sidonia-season-2-teased-for-netflix

I'm not sure how much of the manga this season will cover, but right now the manga is firing on all cylinders. :o

The last chapter was almost a Macross homage. They totally

did a Daedalus attack on the Gauna super vessel

Watched the first 2 episodes.

Really nice mix of Macross/Eva elements - which honestly is what Frontier tried to do.

So far it's a lot more interesting and original than frontier.

I don't see this getting hugely popular though.

The last chapter was almost a Macross homage. They totally

did a Daedalus attack on the Gauna super vessel

That's true I didn't think about that when I read it. :lol:

Now that Sidonia has pretty much lost 1/3 of their ship and it's resdential area this looks like the beginning of the end.

Holy crap... did anyone see them watching Blame anime? I would love to see a whole series that looks like that. I thought they were crossing the two shows over.

Spoilers my dear EXO!

I mean I've read it was coming but it's still best to be surprised!

BTW, Knights of Sidonia is coming out on BD in a couple of weeks. There's a real nice collectors edition too with episodes 1-12 plus a poster, a sticker, 15 postcards, and a foil postcard, all in a chipboard art box.

Ah... sorry. Wasn't part of the storyline so I didn't tag it, but I will next time.

No biggy. As far as I can understand, while the broadcast version will only include teasers, the BD will have a full 30 minute OVA of Blame!.

Awesome. Something cool to watch when TV is typically slow during the Summer :)

You'll need more than just this series, it took me two nights to get through the first season, and only one night the second time I watched it.

Ha, I have a nine month baby girl so my TV viewing time is very limited right now :)

got a 6 month old, he passed out for a few hours so I watched the entire season back to back....it might have been in the middle of the night though, lol!

• 4 weeks later...