What features would you want in a deluxe chogokin VF-1?

Gakken85

if they go with articulated hands, I want them to actually match the DYRL? line art:

vf-1-dyrl-hands.gif

Indeed faithful to the line art, this would have to be a must! The hands the 1/48 and 1/60 lines have aren't very good or accurate..

Even if they offered a large scale Valkyrie in kit form version then it could keep the cost down a bit and the builder could option any paint color scheme they wanted.. I haven't actually built a model / assembly kit in ages so I would happily up to the challenge!

I don't get why people like LED lighting. The batteries take away space inside the toy. They can leak out damaging the toy and you get ugly switches all over the toy. Also LEDs never look as good as painted detail when they are not covered by some kind of housing/reflector. For example I like the TF Quakewave but his eye looks dull and not very collector toy like with the yellow LED just sticking out of his head.

The other toys I bought that have lights I also don't like (Leo Dux, MP-01B Convoy and MP-08 Grimlock). Leo Dux is also my favorite out of the bunch because you almost can't tell that there is a LED + switch in the Feral Rex head. Also I can't imagine when to turn the lights on. I guess I am the odd man out. :(

Anyone mention the retractable ladder? That even seems doable at the 1/60 scale. Landing hooks? And yeah...bring back the antenna! :)

vf1_ladder_and_canopy.jpg

being realistic I see something like the new bandai 1/72 without hydrocephalus

yeah...that kit makes me think Bandai has more plans for the VF-1......perhaps working out the kinks in preparation for a DX version....IF....the new series is a reboot of SDFM....they'll need to be ready with something that will best the Yamato/Arcadia VF-1 in all aspects.....

Honestly if they started off with something matching the renewal VF-25A's, I'd be all for the Chogokin VF-1.

But I'd want proper length gear, if not a telescoping latter, ad attachable one. Correct hands, cable arm,

a better working Gun arm attaching gimmick, and of course die cast in the right places.

Honestly, while I'd like the Idea of a super duper crazy VF-1, I've had my share of VF-1's and want something new.

Already have DYRL Skull Squadron in 1/48, 1/60 v2, and 1/100 hi-metal and don't like the idea of having to spend another 2G on ginormous valks that I wouldn't have space to display

Anyone mention the retractable ladder? That even seems doable at the 1/60 scale. Landing hooks? And yeah...bring back the antenna! :)

vf1_ladder_and_canopy.jpg

yeah...that kit makes me think Bandai has more plans for the VF-1......perhaps working out the kinks in preparation for a DX version....IF....the new series is a reboot of SDFM....they'll need to be ready with something that will best the Yamato/Arcadia VF-1 in all aspects.....

if its just DX chogokin level i'll be disappointed. as far as i'm concerned, there isn't one dx chogokin better than a V2 VF-1. the overuse of metal on metal ball joints that get loose sitting on a shelf doing nothing is stupid and annoying...no matter how sweet the rest of the valk is. The V2 VF-1s are pleasantly tight and a joy to handle. i' think i'd get one if they made it....but i can't help but know i'll be disappointed. i'm also suspect of how bandai views the proportions of the VF-1. The recent 1/72s with their giant heads and the fairly recent hi metal 1/100 series with its tiny feet.

Honestly, while I'd like the Idea of a super duper crazy VF-1, I've had my share of VF-1's and want something new.

Already have DYRL Skull Squadron in 1/48, 1/60 v2, and 1/100 hi-metal and don't like the idea of having to spend another 2G on ginormous valks that I wouldn't have space to display

Agreed...I'm not looking to start collecting a new line all over again....but one Super Hi-Detail VF-1 to rule them all would be fine by me....

Maybe it'll take Bandai, like Yamato, three times to get it right... :)

Then again, everyone is arguing over which anime magic moment is the correct proportions.

Regardless of master files, proportions changed all the time in the show. It's like arguing boobs.

I don't get why people like LED lighting. The batteries take away space inside the toy. They can leak out damaging the toy and you get ugly switches all over the toy. Also LEDs never look as good as painted detail when they are not covered by some kind of housing/reflector. For example I like the TF Quakewave but his eye looks dull and not very collector toy like with the yellow LED just sticking out of his head.

The other toys I bought that have lights I also don't like (Leo Dux, MP-01B Convoy and MP-08 Grimlock). Leo Dux is also my favorite out of the bunch because you almost can't tell that there is a LED + switch in the Feral Rex head. Also I can't imagine when to turn the lights on. I guess I am the odd man out. :(

I agree with you.

Anything that requires putting in batteries risks making the thing look bad.

If the toy was chunky like a tank there would be plenty of space to put in gimmicks. You could hide switches as part of the frame of the toy. Leader class Brawl toy from the first Bayformers movies has hidden buttons for the sound gimmicks. And you don't see the buttons at all.

if its just DX chogokin level i'll be disappointed. as far as i'm concerned, there isn't one dx chogokin better than a V2 VF-1. the overuse of metal on metal ball joints that get loose sitting on a shelf doing nothing is stupid and annoying...no matter how sweet the rest of the valk is. The V2 VF-1s are pleasantly tight and a joy to handle. i' think i'd get one if they made it....but i can't help but know i'll be disappointed. i'm also suspect of how bandai views the proportions of the VF-1. The recent 1/72s with their giant heads and the fairly recent hi metal 1/100 series with its tiny feet.

Diecast should be used in the places that might stress but putting it in the wrong places is bad.

Although VF-1 has been done to death if Bandai could outdo the existing vf-1 v2 from yamato I'm pretty sure most of the people saying they would not want it would do a 180.

It used to be back when 1/48 came out that people would choose which one to get then that would be it, and then it turned into a "gotta get the whole set" thing after being hooked.

If people could afford to buy SDF-1, and build army of valks I think they could do another vf-1 to attract those who want something better than what they have already got.

VF-1 has been done to death but it is also nostalgiac just like G1 transformer characters in the masterpiece collection.

The draw is not in the idea of it being new, (it's been done to death) but being as high quality as you can get from an old design.

There are things about VF-1 1/60 still that are imperfect. For instance the ways the arms fold out has been done better with the HiMetal. The gunpod doesn't look as good as the Himetal which has a better sculpt imo. It has less gimmick than yamato 1/48 vf-1. Now if you can combine what was done better with v2 of the 1/60 yamato vf-1 with the gimmicks of te 1/48 but make it better than the combination of good things of those two toys (like add better arm transformation as we saw in himetal) than I am sure people would get excited enough to get at least one.

One thing I would like to see is if they can make the intake covers perfect transformable hehe.

And the side parts perfect transformable. Don't ask me how.

And for those that have v2 /160 vf-1 you got to ask yourself if that is a perfect rendition of the VF-1?

It's not. The way the fast pack attach is crap. The 1/48 and Himetal did it better. Am I bashing the v2 1/60? Nope. It's still better overall than the himetal and 1/48 yamato. But what we want is something that has the best of all the things we have seen so far from the various VF-1 on the market in one toy, (while removing the crap bits of those toys) PLUS any improvements they could add since those toys were attempted. For example maybe they can do something to make the ultimate VF-1 have more posability in the hands and somehow they make it so that you can have massive GBP super-posable mechanical hands that look right when you put on the GBP? I like the normal sized hands when it isn't using GBP, but when it has GBP hands I like slightly larger mechaical hands even if it is anime magic.

To me if it looks cool is more important than if it sticks to realism. We all know for instance that if you have too big hands it may not be PT due to anime magic, but in robot mode the bigger hands looks better.

Remember how small the gunpod for the original 1/60 yf-19 was? Yeah it might have looked like that in the anime at some parts of the ova. But the bigger one is a lot more sensible imo. Especially considering that in future the YF-19 in the form of VF-19 variants of the original, would later be used by regular pilots for the usual missions. I can accept that the special ops version would have submachine gun type look to it (shorter) since you might emphasise close combat more and lighter weapon = faster drawing of the weapon, but to me if the gunpod is small it just doesn't look as good. We all have our ideal of what the proportions should be so it is not an exact science. Maybe in the future macross tech finally evolves and technology can manage growing and shrinking of the parts like a guy's penis when looking at a dirty japanese adult comic with tentcle monster rape and japaese school girls with lots of panty shots and big titties. But so far we have to just say it's opinion how 'right' one size is to another because lots of the things in the show are impossible in toy form. (ie the massive gunpod of the VF-17 fitting in the leg for the toy)

When yamato/arcadia (let's just call the company "yamato version 2" lol) releases the VF-0 1/60 it will be as big as a 1/48 VF-1. I suppose Bandai want to have something to compete with that giving us 1/48 VF-1? But with as much complexity as possible to attract fans who already own all the other vf-1 toys of the past?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I have to agree, even if the heads do sit higher than compared to the anime and line art, they are overall the best proportioned transformable VF-1 version available. And yes they are a joy to handle! Given how Bandai put their DX range together Id have to say that a DX VF-1 just wouldn't have the same visual and physical presence a "super sized, super detail" Yamato v2 / Arcadia VF-1 would have..

I'm not really envisioning a new line, or just an update to a mold.

I was thinking a whole redesign for a really top line BMW type toy. You have tiers of price points, and you see things like with fewture making super expensive chogokins. Or the limited edition Ma. K that owned for awhile.

Something with all the bells and whistles.

I'm not saying that the V2 yamacadia isn't the best VF-1 toy in the world. It is.

I'd just like to see something crazy for collectors.

It would have to be a "One Valk To Rule Them All" thing for me. Make it so great and expensive enough that we all buy one (or two) at most. Include all parts, heads, colored panels so that we can customize into one of the main DYRL Skull squad members (and the 1J). My idea would only suck for the two seater fans unfortunately. We all know Focker/Hikaru are what they would concentrate on.

The 1/60s worked for army building but something at 1/32 would be prohibitive so why not go all out? :)

It'll never happen because of mold milking but we can dream in this thread :)

If we are going this route, then it also needs to include a fully articulated pilot.

Spring loaded gear suspension, 180 degree rotating front gear, articulated ailerons, and speed flaps.

removable engine covers and access panels.

If we are gonna do this once, lets do it right. and yeah, make it 1/24th.

Super Ultra Mega chogokin. Make it fully transformable, and I'm in up to 500$.

If we are going this route, then it also needs to include a fully articulated pilot.

Spring loaded gear suspension, 180 degree rotating front gear, articulated ailerons, and speed flaps.

That's what I'm talking about :D

As awesome as those, and most of the other posted ideas sound, we'd be lucky to keep this Valk under $ 1000. -_-

That's what I'm talking about :D

^this guy.

-b.