Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

The MG Altron does look wicked with those double extension claws! If only i had started the MG EW collection which i said i would but didnt! :p

The only reason pacifists are needed in gundam, is to fill in the void of animating long battle scenes....cos pilots need to talk abt deep philosophical stuff in the midst of beating the crap out of each other in battle! :lol:

I wouldnt be too worried abt Bandai going Arcadia's route. Bandai's size allows them to maintain a decent price range, and i dont thk they would want to cut demand by pricing their toys too high either. Plus they are the king's of recolors! What they lack in price, they more than make up in milking the same mold! :p

I just need the Altron to compete my 5 Wing Boys collection.

Gundam did just fine in the beginning from MSG all the way to Victory without the pacifist stuff. The war drama in Gundam is very anti-war yes, but they usually show it in a way that the main character just did enough to survive the war, and realize how pointless war is. Like, just being alive was an achievement. do they really need the main character to kick everybody's butt to the point of archiving a flawless victory? :lol:

As for the recolor thing. It's not just Bandai that's doing that. That's pretty much all Macross really is in a nutshell. In the original series, what is the differences between a VF-1A, J, and S but a color/head swap? Yamato/Arcadia is guilty of the same thing, but that's not their fault. That's just how the show is.

Going to show off couple stuff

post-30636-0-63451900-1444972872_thumb.jpg

Play Arts kai Katzuhira Miller

post-30636-0-04568400-1444972878_thumb.jpg

Play Arts kai Mass Effect 3 Sheppard

post-30636-0-43388000-1444972884_thumb.jpg

Art FX+ Halo Master Chief

post-30636-0-68377900-1444972890_thumb.jpg

Play Arts kai Street Fighter 4 Ibuki

post-30636-0-69664400-1444972897_thumb.jpg

Play Arts kai Metal Gear V Man on Fire

Not Macross I know but my most recent Mecha purchase was The Soul of Chogokin Gunbuster Re-Paint Vers x2 from HLJ,

Why buy 2 I hear you ask?

Well when it comes to Mechs I guess I'm just insecure. :lol:

p.s. One day I'll figure out how to upload my pics! :unsure:

"Aim For The Top!" B))

I posted a size comparison about a year ago.

Nice to see their height differences in 1/60th scale form.

VF-1J = 12.68m

RX-78-2 = 18m

RX-0 = 19.7m (Unicorn Mode) / 21.7m (Destroy Mode)

【Barattack Fix Figuration】Evolution Toy

Get the feel of this brand in design & engineering of toy.... I am not going to pre-order VF2SS.....
2015-10-16-23.jpg

So their BarAttack toy and other old 70's/80's Mecha toys from this line that they make is not good as well? Thought they're well-known for this mecha line? Hmmm. :unsure:

I joined the Destroid club today :

Are they generally a little floppy? This holds poses, but the slightest bump and over it goes.

Apparently so.. my Tomahawk was a 2nd hand example and it was flopping around all over the place. The nail polish trick Garfinkel mentioned worked a treat! :)

The waist on my tomahawk was incredibly loose when i first got it. I popped open the body and put some nail polish on the joint. Now it holds poses. It is very simple to take apart, just a couple of screws.

Apparently so.. my Tomahawk was a 2nd hand example and it was flopping around all over the place. The nail polish trick Garfinkel mentioned worked a treat! :)

Thanks gents. Will crack out the Future polish and see what I can do. The toes on mine are pretty loose too.

Ugh, I bought even more Legos...

post-12821-0-35201900-1445229898_thumb.jpg

I also got in my Figma Armin and Cleaning Levi, Levi's box was too damaged however, so I sent him back. I'll just go without I guess, all I could get was a refund instead of a replacement, I also got one of those bamboo roof stand things.

Virgin Road is maybe the best painted Yamato Valk out there IMO.

Looks fantastic in person.

True true but its pretty much identical to Max's VF-1J but with a different head yeah? :huh:

Ugh, I bought even more Legos...

attachicon.gif20151016_195531.jpg

I also got in my Figma Armin and Cleaning Levi, Levi's box was too damaged however, so I sent him back. I'll just go without I guess, all I could get was a refund instead of a replacement, I also got one of those bamboo roof stand things.

Nice grab Tking! Enjoy your Lego's! :D

True true but its pretty much identical to Max's VF-1J but with a different head yeah? :huh:

Nice grab Tking! Enjoy your Lego's! :D

Woops. I meant the Angel Bird. That's probably my favorite valk in terms of repaints.

The lines on it are so crisp.

Virgin road is pretty similar. You could slap some super parts on there... assuming you could paint the back half the same blue and have the super max.

DSC03140.JPG

DSC03139.JPG

Edited by Gakken85

So differences are; Blast shield, height - due to a longer chest plate/nosecone for the two seater, and head.

Also you get the box and the M&M marriage pilots

Edited by Gakken85

So differences are; Blast shield, height - due to a longer chest plate/nosecone for the two seater, and head.

Also you get the box and the M&M marriage pilots

The chest and the little plate on its back are also different.

virgin road is a 1-d....a 2 seater. so not just the head different with the 1j.

I was referring to the paint scheme only but yeah physically there are differences.

Woops. I meant the Angel Bird. That's probably my favorite valk in terms of repaints.

The lines on it are so crisp.

Virgin road is pretty similar. You could slap some super parts on there... assuming you could paint the back half the same blue and have the super max.

The Angel Bird are a pretty sweet paint scheme yes! B))

The chest and the little plate on its back are also different.

Its a little deceiving to look at as the "D" and other variants are pretty much identical from the very top of the chest piece to the tip of the nose cone and overall length when in fighter modes. The "D" chest piece doesn't have the little cut out below the head unit when in battroid which is only so the longer cockpit canopy can be covered completely by the blast shield when in battroid.

20151020_075959.jpg