DX VF-25G Messiah Michael renewal Super Part

kengiu

Ok the only renewal i've gotten was the 25g at a mark up. Do i have to stay up and go through the preorder madness to get this at regular price?

Edited by cyde01

just super part? no vf-25g ?

Well, the G was released not that long ago, so you'll have to wait a while for the release of the F reissue and an announcement and release of the S reissue, before the G gets its turn for a second go-around.

Where online would one recommend Canadians to order from? NY has been my saviour (at a mark up) but if these are easier to get, where should I go instead?

Where online would one recommend Canadians to order from? NY has been my saviour (at a mark up) but if these are easier to get, where should I go instead?

I still normally get them from NY, normally there's not much of a mark up as these are web exclusives and are "made to order." Some other online shops you can try are Big in Japan, Tokyo Hunter, Anime Export, etc.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i wonder if they corrected the color of the crotch piece for this super pack (wrong colors for the ozma and alto's super)

Wish I'd get a chance at the pre-order line!

It will be pretty easy to order the Super Parts because it is a Tamashii Web Shop exclusive and will be made to order. In fact the preorder slot will stay open for several weeks.

i wonder if they corrected the color of the crotch piece for this super pack (wrong colors for the ozma and alto's super)

I thought someone posted that the crotch pieces (had screen grabs and everything) were actually the correct color? I might be remembering the wrong thing though... Edited by xrentonx

Guest davidwhangchoi

I thought someone posted that the crotch pieces (had screen grabs and everything) were actually the correct color? I might be remembering the wrong thing though...

i never heard of that... can you point me to the right links if you find it? thanks!

It will be pretty easy to order the Super Parts because it is a Tamashii Web Shop exclusive and will be made to order. In fact the preorder slot will stay open for several weeks.

Ah I see. Awesome. That also explains why the F and S's super/armored parts are abundant.

i never heard of that... can you point me to the right links if you find it? thanks!

Sure thing :) I hope I'm not misremembering the discussion awhile back. I always thought it was weird myself until someone pointed out the crotch armor is supposed to be grey.

Someone can probably find the animation screenies but here is some official line art:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossf/macrossf-index.html

I used to assume the crotch armor was the same color as the rest of the armor until some anime-accurate-ninja told me otherwise. Gonna look stupid if this isn't what you're referring to! :D

Edited by xrentonx

Guest davidwhangchoi

Someone can probably find the animation screenies but here is some official line art:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossf/macrossf-index.html

I used to assume the crotch armor was the same color as the rest of the armor until some anime-accurate-ninja told me otherwise. Gonna look stupid if this isn't what you're referring to! :D

thanks xrentonx for the links

i feel like the black shades as on the original crotch piece are missing (used KH355hamdi image)

580508_10151223143997861_401628531_n.jpg

vf-25s-super-battroid_small.gifvf-25g-super-battroid_small.gif

IMG_9490.JPG

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Ah, I got ya! Yeah there's something missing. I guess it would look like the Valk was wearing short-shorts if they went with that bluish color like I originally thought. :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ah, I got ya! Yeah there's something missing. I guess it would look like the Valk was wearing short-shorts if they went with that bluish color like I originally thought. :p

thanks for reposting the link. helps me see every version side by side on the fly. yeah, i'm trying to find the review that was complaining about the plain grey color that doesn't really match with the rest of alto but maybe you're right and this is the accurate colors.

vf-25f-super-battroid_small.gif

i guess it'll be consistent with mick-hail's and luca's if they're all the same shade.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It's not that the crotch armor is bad exactly.. they just went el-cheapo on it, and didn't paint any of it. The outer edge is supposed to be a darker color, like the originals.

It's like they flat out forgot it was actually supposed to have a color other than "plain plastic gray." <_<

I think you can try to fake the crotch armor on alto if you have a the Armor Parts as well.

The Armor Parts have two crotch armor pieces both with a dark gray outlining and an inner panel. It might be possible to replace the inner panel of the crotch armor of the Armor Parts with the inner panel of the Super Parts.

I can't try it myself because I don't have the Armor Parts for Alto and I don't want to encourage you to try it because you might break something. :)