MPC SDF-1?

Godzilla

Just wondering if yamato will make a SDF-1? Just wondering. I mean they amke a DRYL and TV one. I can see it could be profitable unless the tooling is really expensive. Not that I am tired of the 1/48 yammies but I like to see more variety. I already expressed Yamato to make some other VFs like the VF-4. I guess the man, Graham , could answer that. ;)

Edited by Godzilla

IIRC, Graham mentioned that Yamato intends to make a SDF-1, but it's not a high-priority item. My interpretation is that it's something that Yamato will do once they exhaust other things to turn out for us.

Personally, I want the Destroids more than a SDF-1. Give me a platoon of Tomahawks to go with the GBP, sez I!

(Sorry for the new guy interruption)

I guess I kinda feel like Yamato. I'm looking for other things more (Personally, a 1/48 VF-11B would be the best). I mean I want an SDF-1, but it's not a priority.

And as for MPC, asking if Yamato will build a MPC is like that guy who asked if Yamato was going for a 1/48

VF-1R :lol: ...

Edited by Phren

I think that Yamato will eventually make SDF-1.

Macross without SDF-1 is hard to imagine :D:p

Based on the trend of Yamato, it appears that they want to release all of "mecha" from Macross series (As long as they have right to do so)

As for the MPC SDF-1 by Yamato..... Members have spoken :D

Whetever scale they can make it, and keep it in the same price range as a 1/48 w/ fast packs at the most.

IIRC, Graham mentioned that Yamato intends to make a SDF-1, but it's not a high-priority item. My interpretation is that it's something that Yamato will do once they exhaust other things to turn out for us.

Personally, I want the Destroids more than a SDF-1. Give me a platoon of Tomahawks to go with the GBP, sez I!

Personally anything except another VF-1. I love the VF-1 as much as the next macross fanatic but come on yamato give us a little variety!

Yellow Submarine made a 1/4000 resin kit that was incredibly detailed. It was not that big (less than 10" from head to toe, NOT counting the cannons which adds around 4-5") and would be a nice addition to any collection.

If Yamato could keep the same size, same detail, and add transformation to enable between fortress and storm attacker mode, I would buy it in a heartbeat! Actually, the toy better be cheaper than the resin kit

You don't need big to impressive, you need details. But bigger can be better. :D

macys5.jpg

See more here

Yamato will probably make a DYRL version at some ridiclous scale..that only macross fans who live in their parents basement can afford lol

Anyone call??? :p

all in all, if they make a SDF-1 it better be impressive like the 1/60 monster or the Q-rau, can't have it dwarfed by those 2

in that case we're probably talking more along the lines of the Matchbox Version (1/3000?) or even bigger

i want a SDF1 that can house my 1/48 :p

That's not a major problem if you only have one 1/48... :)

Uhm, folks? Maybe I'm a little strange here, but while I can play with my 1/60 Valkyries and (if Yamato makes them) the Destroids and enemy mecha, what am I going to do with a SDF-1?

Most likely it would end up a glorified clothes rack...

If I recall correctly, Graham said that Yamato is considering making an SDF-1. . . then the rumor-mill got started and the next thing we know, we had people claiming that Yamato has "promised" to make an SDF-1 and that it would be done as their last Macross piece (presumably after they run the valkyrie line into the ground). There were even vague release dates mentioned. Then, of course, everyone assumed that this was what Graham said. So Graham had to come out and say: No, no, no. There is no actual plan for releasing an SDF-1. It is only being talked about by Yamato right now. That's it.

All this took place on the old boards (I think).

So, the best info we have is that Yamato is considering it. . . but that's about all. Someone please correct me if I missed some newer info.

Yamato will probably make a DYRL version at some ridiclous scale..that only macross fans who live in their parents basement can afford lol

1/4000 scale would be a nice scale for a SDF-1.

That is what I am hoping for.

YAMATO DOES NOT AND WILL NEVER MAKE MPCS!

That's blasphemy!!! :p

*falls down to save helpless victom from hostile fanboys*

M.across P.ureness C.ompliant

k its lame.

wonder if they going to include bonus stuff with the macross like little valks or destroids you can put on it.

I´m surprised no one has yet said : I want a 1/48 SDF-1 !!!

I wouldn´t be suprised if someone actually came up with such a comment so I´ll save you time : I want a 1/48 SDF-1. Ok, I lied I don´t really want a 1/48 SDF-1 actually I don´t think I really would buy a SDF-1 :huh:

If they made one , kudos to them , I think it´ll help to have some more variety but as it is now I preffer to have other valks rather than the Macross .

Edit: didn´t notice some words changed the perspective of my post <_<

Edited by Aegis!

Not quite the way it went Hurin. A person who claimed contacts with Big West/Yamato claimed that an SDF-1 Macross had a tentative release date IIRC (amongst all the others that have been proven... inacurrate). I don't want to turn this into a bashfest, as I rather liked the input of that person, but wanted to state the way I recall things.

I should hope it will be DYRL-scheme SDF-1 with optional updated Prometheus & Daedalus. Around the size of the Matchbox would be nice, but I'm imagining slightly smaller.

Well, if we're talking about the same person, that person disappeared along with all the information that person ever "released." And, well, there are varying theories on the legitimacy of what that person was saying as well. I have never posted about it or expressed my opinion regarding the information that person released. . . and I intend to keep it that way.

So, let me rephrase: What I wrote above is essentially what happened with the information Graham has given us. And, to my knowledge, that's the only information that has ever been given here on Macross World that wasn't immediatley deleted. I'm referring directly to a few threads on the old boards where people started putting words in Graham's mouth (by name).

Best Regards,

H

Of course. Never meant to imply YOU were gonna do the "bash fest" just wanted to pre-empt certain others from turning this thread into that. Sorry if it came out that way.

Hopefully such a Yamato would copy the Yellow Submarine (?) versions but be transformable... as well as having the Prometheus and Daedalus (as I mentioned above), in addition to the 2 ARMDs.

I want a 1/48 scale SDF-1. With 1/48 scale ARMDs on the side with the Valkryie arm thingies.

And I want some electronics. Glowy bridge lights and stuff. Electronic catipults for take off. Electronic arm thingies. And of course, electronic transformation and boom lowering with some kind of affect for the cannon firing.

^_^

*edit*

It will be nuclear powered and have a bathroom.

Edited by mbs357