Sick And Tired

I am sick and tired of how "Macross" consumes a big part of my passion in anything, only for it to just sit and wilt away like trees in the damn fall/winter. Why hasnt there been any movement to satisfy this undying thirst for what we have loved for a lifetime now. I have been a junky for this stuff since a jitterbug and i am tired. I am tired of these false hopes and dreams of a great new macross era. This should be a golden time. Especially with how technology is now. What is the damn hold up? is there even a legit effort being put into this? Stop pissing on my head and calling it rain.

indeed, the future is uncertain, and it seems that a golden age for MACROSS is now well and truly over.

still, there is some hope that YAMATO, via ARCADIA, will continue to service the hardcore MACROSS community of the world.

the most major issue, i suppose, is how much has changed since 1982/1984. many MACROSS fans,

particularly non-Asian fans that know and love SDF MACROSS best by it's ROBOTECH incarnation,

have a burning desire to see new material directly based off SDFM/DYRL, and so far there has only been

a handful of choice sequences from the series that have seen an "HD-Remaking" for a Japanese market Pachinko machine,

and it REALLY whets the appetites of us SDFM fans for a modern re-animated series.

unfortunately/fortunately, YMMV, times indeed change, and a series such as FRONTIER, which, for the most part,

speaks to a new and completely different generation than us old-line fans, is the best any of us can really realistically expect to see

in a successful current day televised MACROSS T.V series.

no one can say what the future will hold, but if there are to be any future MACROSS Anime productions,

they are more likely than not to be even more alienating to us old-timers than even FRONTIER...

As an old school fan, I loved Frontier. Graham

i dunno...while i'm quite fond of Ranka-chan, the Mecha design just doesn't seem to rub me the right way at all. perhaps i should just give MF another shot...

Edited by Shaorin

i dunno...while i'm quite fond of Ranka-chan, the Mecha design just doesn't seem to rub me the right way at all. perhaps i should just give MF another shot...

"Pehaps"...? "Perhaps"...!?! :angry:

Jeez, what's wrong with young people these days...

I think someone needs other hobbies... Might help pass the time in-between.

You mean the year-and-one month between "Itsuwari no Utahime" and "Nyan-Kuri"? Or the three months between "Nyan-Kuri" and "Sayonara no Tsubasa"? Or the year and a half between "Sayonara no Tsubasa" and "Macross FB7"?

"Pehaps"...? "Perhaps"...!?! :angry:

Jeez, what's wrong with young people these days...

you tell me, i just post here...

i dunno, MF just seemed to come off as far too modern in too many ways for my taste.

i just don't like the way Anime generally is anymore. it's often too vapid and goofy anymore.

maybe i was having a bad day, or i was watching the wrong ep, i dunno. if some of you serious old-liners think so highly of it,

then there must be something i'm missing. i'll see...

you tell me, i just post here...

i dunno, MF just seemed to come off as far too modern in too many ways for my taste.

i just don't like the way Anime generally is anymore. it's often too vapid and goofy anymore.

maybe i was having a bad day, or i was watching the wrong ep, i dunno. if some of you serious old-liners think so highly of it,

then there must be something i'm missing. i'll see...

Well, that's the nice thing about Frontier. You've got the homages and the shout-outs for the old fans, and "modern" stuff for the new fans. That way, everyone's happy.

Except Renato, of course.

I am sick and tired of how "Macross" consumes a big part of my passion in anything, only for it to just sit and wilt away like trees in the damn fall/winter. Why hasnt there been any movement to satisfy this undying thirst for what we have loved for a lifetime now. I have been a junky for this stuff since a jitterbug and i am tired. I am tired of these false hopes and dreams of a great new macross era. This should be a golden time. Especially with how technology is now. What is the damn hold up? is there even a legit effort being put into this? Stop pissing on my head and calling it rain.

Hey, guys, are you sure that he actually meant Macross? This sounds more like Robotech to me.