Godzilla-WB/Legendary production, on DVD/Blu-ray Sept. 16, 2014

0_o did I just see Rodan?

Its not Rodan but a new monster, supposedly a 'muto.' From what I read Hollywood only bought the rights to Godzilla and not the other Toho monsters so they had to create new ones. If they are to make a sequel they should buy buy the rights to a few well known Toho monsters.

To paraphrase: according to film's effects supervisor Jim Rygiel, Godzilla's fighting style will be based primarily on that of Komodo dragons and bears...

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/1462

Will be interesting to see if that will give it a more 'realistic' feel; make it look more like a giant monster battling another giant, instead of like just some guy trying to do judo in a big rubber suit, per se...

First Snickers. Now Fiat. Didn't take 'em long to strap that matress on ol' ['murican] Godzilla's back, now did it?

I liked it so much better when you were able/wanted to go out and buy Godzilla stuff for it's own sake; cause you wanted a cool ass figure or toy, etc of Godzilla--and not because he was getting pimped to sell you some unrelated placed-product crap. <_<

ed: perhaps I'd better quit while I've only got a toe or 2 in mouth, eh? The big guy probably gets used to peddle all sorts o' stuff, from noodles to backpacks to who knows what else on Toho's turf in Japan?

Edited by reddsun1

To paraphrase: according to film's effects supervisor Jim Rygiel, Godzilla's fighting style will be based primarily on that of Komodo dragons and bears...

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/1462

Will be interesting to see if that will give it a more 'realistic' feel; make it look more like a giant monster battling another giant, instead of like just some guy trying to do judo in a big rubber suit, per se...

I read a description of one of the fight scenes and apparently they're going to be extremely visceral.

Reading some of those Metacritic reviews it was going to be impossible to make everyone happy. All of the middle-of-the-road reviews are either complaining there's no character/plot and all it needed was tons of monsters fighting, or that the monsters fighting gets in the way of the plot.

Reading some of those Metacritic reviews it was going to be impossible to make everyone happy. All of the middle-of-the-road reviews are either complaining there's no character/plot and all it needed was tons of monsters fighting, or that the monsters fighting gets in the way of the plot.

What were they expecting - Citizen Kane?

What were they expecting - Citizen Kane?

This is how I felt about the 1998 Godzilla film. Except for Maria Pitillo's performance the acting in it was better than any of the Japanese Godzilla films filmed after the first one. I think the Japanese re-release of Gojira last decade created a population of elitist 'Gojira' poseurs who didn't grow up with Godzilla like many my age or older did.

That being said, Godzilla is the main star and I hope 'the less is more' thing in this new film doesn't turn me off. Peter Jackson didn't pull that crap with King Kong thankfully.

Edited by TangledThorns

This is how I felt about the 1998 Godzilla film. Except for Maria Pitillo's performance the acting in it was better than any of the Japanese Godzilla films filmed after the first one. I think the Japanese re-release of Gojira last decade created a population of elitist 'Gojira' poseurs who didn't grow up with Godzilla like many my age or older did.

That being said, Godzilla is the main star and I hope 'the less is more' thing in this new film doesn't turn me off. Peter Jackson didn't pull that crap with King Kong thankfully.

Peter Jackson's King Kong was also five hours too long.

Just saw it less than 6 hours ago. It was okay I guess. :mellow:

EDIT: Maybe I just had high expectations. I wont spoil it for everyone. :p

I have not seen Cloverleaf though only the trailers, but, from what I saw of them the earlier speculations made by some of Godzilla being Cloverfield-like seems to be partially true. :unsure:

Edit: I mean Colverfield not Cloverleaf. My Bad. :D

Edited by grss1982

Just saw it tonight. The acting was OK, still far better than the 1998 version and most Toho films. There was plenty of Godzilla action to see and I hope to see more in a sequel soon! It did not disappoint this old time Godzilla fan!! I recommend seeing it on the largest screen you can find.