Where can I watch SDF Macross and DYRL?

Spacerat53

On a bit of a budget now so buying the BDs are out of the question for me unfortunately.

Unless there's a place I can get them within the 20-60$ range.

Edited by Spacerat53

I'll book my flight to Denver then. No worries I'll be nicer to your collection than the in laws :)

That's a low blow. Just let me know when, I'll schedule a Macross themed night at Coyote Ugly.

• 3 weeks later...

The only Macross bluray that has English on it is the upcoming Macross Plus box : Eng dub for OVAS and subs for the movie version.

Apart from that, Japanese Macross releases are raw.

If you dig around online at various sellers, there are legit subtitled DVD versions of SDFM TV, Macross 2 and Macross Plus. Some of these are out of print so you may need to look at 2nd hand sellers. Just beware of bootlegs. The members of this forum are definately the ppl to ask if you want to double check if something is a bootleg or not. And kudos on trying to support the series.

Edited by Tochiro

Grab a BitTorrent client, search for these torrents, and off u go.

But first, go grab a VPN if you have fears of being behind bars for hitting that damn big download button

Or, go to youtube, and make sure you have a downloader

Or, go to a good anime page, search 'em, and download 'em

You still ain't convinced, hombre? Then do me a favour and google it

Edited by racingaction

So, Checkmate, did you end up getting that Animeigo set? If so, post some pics! It's always great to see Macross fans supporting the franchise :-)

I'd have recommended Madman's excellent R4 release again (which Renato originally reviewed HERE) but it unfortunately appears to have been discontinued (along with Madmans similarly terrific Mospeada and Southern Cross sets) :-(

It's interesting - Save and I were discussing this very thing just recently - with the end of the licensing period for many older titles that came out back during the anime bubble, now may be the final ever chance to pick up physical copies (apart from importing from Japan) of Macross, M+ and M2. Some of the older Robotech boxsets are even starting to go up in price (granted, this is on Amazon, but still...).

So, grab any sets you want now or forever hold your peace I suppose...

• 3 weeks later...