Offical word on how NY's preorder Yen exchange rate system works&#

Gakken85

I usually just get registered SAL because their EMS and FedEx prices are more than I can afford plus I do f mind waiting.. Plus LA customs suck with ems I've had ems packages sit in customs for over a week! So in the long run save your money and go sal if possible.. HLJ and amiami EMS charges are quite affordable however if buying from them

Probably not much help on my part but depending on the item, I choose EMS with tracking to get it quicker. My reasoning is the less time it spends in transit, the less chance the shipment is damaged or lost. This really does depend on what item I am purchasing though. If I have to choose the slow boat or cheaper options, I always get the ones that offer some kind of tracking.

Edited by xrentonx

thanks guys,,, I looked on my account orders and Im all over the place.... I guess I was in a rush all 3 times to hurry up and checkout so I would get to place the order, that I placed one order with EMS (express), another one with AIRMAIL, and the last one with Eco-Sal Registered..... ! :blink::blink: now that i can think straight, would i be able to switch all my orders shipping to EMS (registered)? or are the pre-orders all locked in and I can not change my shipping options???

Well, I emailed NY to change my currency from USD to JPY. They just replied and asked for the order numbers so they can change it.

So they will do it for all orders? I have a ton of open pre-orders. Some are set to USD only because I have to rush to get my orders in. The site is really buggy and my default currency is randomly set to JPY or USD. How are you guys paying with CC's? Whenever I click the pay via CC it forward me to paypal.

Edited by Loop

thats odd!?!?! i emailed NY to change my pre-orders to yen, and now when i went back to the webpage, it wont let me switch from yen to dollars...... :blink: so buying form the states, its still cheaper to buy in YEN right??

thats odd!?!?! i emailed NY to change my pre-orders to yen, and now when i went back to the webpage, it wont let me switch from yen to dollars...... :blink: so buying form the states, its still cheaper to buy in YEN right??

I have noticed this can happen if you have stuff in your cart. If you cannot remove items from you cart, try logging out then back in.

So they will do it for all orders? I have a ton of open pre-orders. Some are set to USD only because I have to rush to get my orders in. The site is really buggy and my default currency is randomly set to JPY or USD. How are you guys paying with CC's? Whenever I click the pay via CC it forward me to paypal.

I think you pay with a CC using the PayPal system. Basically just paying through PayPal but without logging in, AFAIK.

Yup---it's through Paypal, but not with Paypal. Usually near the bottom the "I don't have an account" option. Also, be sure to click "other conversion options" near the end, or you'll still get the Paypal exchange rate, even not paying with a Paypal account.

Last couple of times I visited N-Y's webstore all the prices were listed in Yen and I was unnable to switch currency views with their selector pull down menu... the language one still works just fine. Have they disabled the currency choice due to all the recent requests for Yen billing brought on by recent exchange rate trends, or is it just me?

I just emailed NY to change to yen but seeing as I only pay thru paypal I don't think it was a good idea. I may be paying more that what I was locked in at originally. I know my cc's exchange rate is better but they usually charge me a conversion fee at the end of the billing cycle.

Ok, is it really worth it to convert my pre-order?

I have the Frontier VF-17 for US$182 on NY

The price when I pre-order it, was JPY17,000, I guess.

If I pay with paypal, with its bs currency exchange and comission, how much do I save?

If you pay now, you'd save $7. On the paypal calculator right now, 17000yen shows up as $175.