DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Handling my RVF-25 for the first time it still baffles me why they felt the need to include the extra parts for the gun-pod. I managed to get the Gerwalk support strut with the gun attachment slit through the bicep and was able to clip in the gun. It is a bit to large to sit on the landing gear or in the stand but you can swoosh around with it. There had to be away to include a folding part or a slider to attach the gun without any extra parts. The same goes for the shield and the ELINT-fin. I feel Bandai was lazy with this one.

The positive thing is it came with all the parts is in pristine condition and has tight joints. I think this is QC wise the best of the last 5 Renewal releases I own (counting the YF-29) with the YF-29 30th Anniversary addition being by far the worst. It has a small paint scruff on the underside of the radome but that is easily fixed. The intake clips that clip the legs into the main body are not as rigid as on the others but I don't think this is a problem if it stays that way. As it is it makes the toy easier to transform.

Great toy! Love my complete Skull Squadron now bring the drones Bandai! :D

Honestly, I don't even consider the peg extension on the shield to be an extra part since you can just leave it attached to the shield all the time. it's actually less obtrusive than the normal peg while in fighter mode since it's the same grey as the underside of the shield and not contrasting teal jutting out. I'm slightly tempted to glue it in place so I don't have to worry about it falling off and getting lost.

I would've felt the same way if the ELINT-fin could swing all the way back but the parts hinders the movement a bit. As I said those issues are no deal breakers but nitpicks. However I just get the feeling Bandai was lazy.

This might sound like I have major problems with the toy but I don't. Its just... the potential for a great toy is there but someone at Bandai decided not to go the way to awesomeness but stop an inch before it.

WoW! I love this bird, a little oil wash does wonders! I'm just not that fond of the minty green. Maybe a bit of weathering and matte coat will take the curse off of it. I do love these Renewals, they are very playable and zoomable (unlike the model counterparts!). Highly recommend them to anyone still on the fence about it. They are becoming my favourite Valk toys - they seem even more durable than the VF-4G.

Very nice pic TCracker, really shows how large the S and F heads are. :p

Seems that mine doesn't have warped wings, so that's a plus. Prefer to display it without the gunpods even and deploy the shield on the right arm. After all, it's an EW platform. This being my first Messiah I'm quite surprised how much I like it in battroid mode. Will probably leave it like this till I get the FPs.

9qX8SCV.jpg

Edited by raptormesh

Got my copy from nin-nin game. This was the first and last time I ever order anything, regardless of price, from them. Not only am I pi$$ed that I paid way too much by going with them when I did instead of just waiting another 8 hours or less for when they became available for much less just about everywhere else; but they did such a lousy job packaging the thing that the toy's box has one corner completely crushed. I have half a mind to send them an email requesting a full refund and restitution of shipping fees to send it back to them so that they can eat it. FYI to anyone even remotely contemplating buying anything of significant value from them... save yourself the aggravation and DON'T. :angry::angry::angry:

Got my copy from nin-nin game. This was the first and last time I ever order anything, regardless of price, from them. Not only am I pi$$ed that I paid way too much by going with them when I did instead of just waiting another 8 hours or less for when they became available for much less just about everywhere else; but they did such a lousy job packaging the thing that the toy's box has one corner completely crushed. I have half a mind to send them an email requesting a full refund and restitution of shipping fees to send it back to them so that they can eat it. FYI to anyone even remotely contemplating buying anything of significant value from them... save yourself the aggravation and DON'T. :angry::angry::angry:

Thanks for the heads-up. I was going to order super parts there. I'll go elsewhere and pay more to get a shipping box.

I don't see how anyone can justify wrapping a $100+ collectible item in paper before sending it on a journey half way around the world. I received from FAST Packs in a crashed box from an eBay seller today.

Thanks for the heads-up. I was going to order super parts there. I'll go elsewhere and pay more to get a shipping box.

I don't see how anyone can justify wrapping a $100+ collectible item in paper before sending it on a journey half way around the world. I received from FAST Packs in a crashed box from an eBay seller today.

It was bubble wrapped just like you'd get with N-Y, and in a brown cardboard box, but of inferior quality and too short in height for proper cushioning to be added for protection; and to top if off it was placed in the somewhat elongated box in lopsided fashion so that it was too close to one of the ends, instead of centered within the box with the crumpled newsprint they used for filler/cushioning filling the empty spaces at either end, above and beneath the content... it's like they didn't give a rat's rear end about it -- some of it is inarguably the fault of the shipping gorillas @ Japan Post and the USPS, but proper packaging should've been used by nin-nin. I feel like I've been sucker punched twice: once for paying too much (my fault for being hasty), and a second time upon getting the thing, as now I'm left with the choice of living with it as is -- haven't even opened it to see if the toy itself is intact as I've lost all interest in it, or sending it back for a refund with shipping almost certainly at my expense. The one other option I had, to resell it here or on eBay has been robbed from me since it is not MISB, it is MISDB, so it's value has taken a dive far beyond market forces.

Edited by mechaninac

WoW! I love this bird, a little oil wash does wonders! I'm just not that fond of the minty green. Maybe a bit of weathering and matte coat will take the curse off of it. I do love these Renewals, they are very playable and zoomable (unlike the model counterparts!). Highly recommend them to anyone still on the fence about it. They are becoming my favourite Valk toys - they seem even more durable than the VF-4G.

I actually kind of like the mint green color, though it's not really realistic. Weathering it and matte coating the toy does take the edge off the color a bit.

RVF-25_Luca_Fighter_04.jpg

Seriously that gunpod is almost grape soda color. Mine will stay in the box forever. And yes weathering seems to help loads.

I was never a fan of the VF-25's gunpod color. I was actually happiest when they released Ozma with a non cannon gunpod color, and now the 25A.

Wonder if it would be easy to just colour it with gunmetal paint or something

It shouldn't be too hard to spray paint it. The only thing would be the handle. I think the paint would be constantly scraping off of it from attaching it in fighter mode or putting it into the hands, but at least it wouldn't be very visible. There's no real markings on it either and it would be easy to paint the metallic red and green back on.

Perhaps priming it would help also. The plastic is very slick. Top coating would help for a little bit, but I think if you take the gunpod in and out of the hands or the peg slot in the arms enough times, it would still eventually start scraping off the paint. However, like I said, the handle is obscured anyway, so it wouldn't matter so much.

I think it's hit or miss with these guys. Another member received his fine from nin nin IIRC. Even NY can be stingy on the packaging materials sometimes. I received my VF-4G with nothing inside the box except for the product itself and the outer shipping one came crushed on one side. The toy box itself was fine though when I opened it.

THank god I got all my RVF's from HLJ / otacute O_o

GOt burnt bad on the CF-171's (especially since I got 6 lol)

Never again *shake fist*

Might pull the trigger for a 4th (for customs) if it's still up on Friday when the fun-budget refreshes.

Edited by Duymon

hahaha.. tipping me over the fence like that..
I have 1 sitting in HLJ at the moment, and to make things worse, I have 3 x 25Fs coming in this month...

The only benefit out of this, is that I can combine it with my 25F order... And I'll need to get another set of (overpriced) super parts to go along with it

hahaha.. tipping me over the fence like that..

I have 1 sitting in HLJ at the moment, and to make things worse, I have 3 x 25Fs coming in this month...

The only benefit out of this, is that I can combine it with my 25F order... And I'll need to get another set of (overpriced) super parts to go along with it

hehe its great that you have 3 x 25Fs

but its better to have 3 x 25Fs and 2 x RVF 25

stop thinking ...buy it before its all gone!

Damn that is kind of tempting. But I have decided the only dupes I am getting are either ones that can be made into a squad, and Alto and Ozma. Alto and Ozma get dupes just because I want a Super and Armor parts display for both. I already have 1x Alto and Ozma Armored. I have 2x Alto's on order (cancelled 1x) may sell the other one to a friend instead of cancelling another one. I may also sell the second Alto too with the brand new in box Alto armor parts I have sitting in the closet, unless I decide I need another Alto Armored in battroid mode.

Hopefully Ozma gets reissued and I can get 2x more. 1 for Armored Battroid mode and 1 for the super parts I had on him before the Armor parts came in. I already have a new set of Ozma Armor parts sitting in the closet also. Crossing my fingers on an Ozma re-release.

Edited by Loop

Damn that is kind of tempting. But I have decided the only dupes I am getting are either ones that can be made into a squad, and Alto and Ozma. Alto and Ozma get dupes just because I want a Super and Armor parts display for both. I already have 1x Alto and Ozma Armored. I have 2x Alto's on order (cancelled 1x) may sell the other one to a friend instead of cancelling another one. I may also sell the second Alto too with the brand new in box Alto armor parts I have sitting in the closet, unless I decide I need another Alto Armored in battroid mode.

Hopefully Ozma gets reissued and I can get 2x more. 1 for Armored Battroid mode and 1 for the super parts I had on him before the Armor parts came in. I already have a new set of Ozma Armor parts sitting in the closet also. Crossing my fingers on an Ozma re-release.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. Plus, Luca was kinda a pussy in the show hahaahha. His plane does look sexy on its own though (mint colours aside).

So does this mean, you're just weaning it down to 1 x Alto and 2 x Ozma for your collection?

I wanted the 3 x Altos for Armored, Super and Naked

Ditto for Ozma. Already have their respective super and armored parts prepped as well, so I'm hoping his reissue would be just around the corner...

Though, I wonder if it would be easy to get 3, seeing as I'm already having problems getting a 2nd 25A CF during this preorder window